- 01 Can a Crashed Hard Drive Be Recovered
- 02 Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- 03 Hard Drive Recovery Service
- 04 Recover Formatted Hard Drive
- 05 Recover Deleted Files from Hard Drive
- 06 External Hard Drive Recovery Software
- 07 Recover Seagate External Hard Drive
- 08 Western Digital Data Recovery
- 09 SSD Drive Recovery
- 10 GPT Parition Recovery
- 11 Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- 12 Toshiba Hard Drive Recovery
- 13 Laptop Hard Drive Recovery
- 14 Recover Data from Dead Hard Drive
- 15 HDD Data Recovery Cost
Highlights: We will talk about the Western Digital recovery software and how to easily recover data from a Western Digital hard drive with it. You can download the WD recovery freeware and follow the guide below to perform external hard drive recovery.
With the continuous growth in digital media availability, all information must be stored somewhere. And, of course, the most commonly used storage media must be the hard drive which is also an integral part of a computer. One of the famous hard drive producers is Western Digital. As one of the largest hard drive brands, it provides high-performance hard drives. WD hard disk is a non-volatile storage device that stores data on rapidly rotating platters with magnetic surfaces.
WD data recovery knowledge is important for using a Western Digital hard disk. Data loss happens to everyone every day and everywhere.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is designed to easily retrieve data from Western Digital, Samsung, Seagate, and other hard disk drives. You can also use this tool to retrieve data from the lost FAT16, FAT 32, NTFS, or EXT2/3 partition.
EaseUS file recovery software has received positive reviews and ratings since its release. It's well worth a try and is a must-have hard disk recovery freeware that offers the following features:
- Recover deleted files and formatted, corrupted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations.
- Restore photos, audio, music, and emails from WD external hard drives.
- Retrieve data from the Recycle Bin, HDD, SSD, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder.
Share this outstanding program on your social media and help more people who can benefit from it.
EaseUS Western Digital hard drive recovery tool is friendly to all levels of users. You can easily use this software to recover data even if you are new to the computer. Take only three steps to recover deleted, lost, or corrupted files from Western Digital external hard drives.
Step 1. Scan the hard drive partition
Select the drive on your hard disk where you lost or deleted files. Click "Scan" and let EaseUS data recovery software scan for all lost data and files on the selected drive.
Step 2. Check the results
When the scan completes, you can apply the "Filter" feature or click the "Search files or folders" option to find the lost files on the hard drive.
Step 3. Restore lost hard drive data
Select wanted files that you lost on the drive and click "Recover" to save them to another location.
- Western Digital encrypts the data in external USB hard drives like the"My Book" or "Passport" drives. If the USB-to-SATA interface board fails (which contains an encryption chip), the chance of recovering the data with a simple "undelete the files" program is zero. You cannot just remove the drive from the USB box and connect it to a desktop machine with SATA cables because the data is still encrypted, even if you did not set a password. Before taking action, ensure your WD disk is not one of these types.
Why Perform Western Digital (WD) Disk Recovery
Most Western Digital hard disk drive users must be troubled if they lose their data.
- Accidental deletion or format
Sometimes, formatting or deleting the partition becomes necessary when you reinstall the operating system. But, there are users who end up incorrectly formatting or deleting the wrong partition. That's only to find their useful and precious data gone after a few clicks.
- Other unexpected data loss situations
Far more than that, virus or malware attacks, power failures, partition corruption, and other reasons also cause data loss disasters.
Regarding Western Digital disk recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a preferred choice. This option is far better than the complicated and time-consuming manual data recovery service.
It only takes a few minutes to restore WD data. Also, it is compatible with all Western Digital hard disk drives like My Book Pro, My Book, WD Elements, My Book Studio, etc.
Share this article with your network and help us spread the word about the importance of WD hard drive recovery.
After learning about Western Digital disk data recovery, you may have more questions about it. See if you can find your answers here:
1. How do I restore my WD external hard drive?
Data can be quickly recovered from Western Digital, Samsung, and other hard disk devices with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It allows you to successfully recover deleted, formatted, or lost partitions.
- Connect your WD external hard drive to your computer.
- Run EaseUS data recovery software and select your WD disk to scan.
- Preview and restore the files from WD hard drives.
2. Does WD have data recovery?
If your Western Digital hard drive is still covered by warranty and has a Western Digital drive-related issue, take it to the company's repair center. However, if the file loss was caused by your own error, the western digital support center may occasionally charge hundreds of dollars for file recovery.
3. How do I fix my WD external hard drive not recognized?
Solve Western Digital external hard drive not showing up problem in the following ways:
- Change the USB port or USB cable first
- Start the computer in safe mode, then see whether WD appears
- Change the drive letter to make WD external hard drive show up
- Update WD external hard drive driver
- Check WD hard drive bad sectors
- Check WD disk errors and repair the corrupted file system
- Replace the Western Digital hard drive with the bad sector with a new disk
4. How do I recover files from a corrupted WD external hard drive?
Use external hard drive recovery software to restore files from corrupted WD disk:
- Download, install, and run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- Connect your corrupted WD external hard drive to the PC.
- Select the WD drive to scan for lost data.
- Find and filter your files.
- Preview and restore lost data from WD hard drive.
Was This Page Helpful?
Updated by Dany
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Brithny/Sep 19, 2023
Dany/Jul 24, 2023
Tracy King/Nov 03, 2023
Dany/Nov 18, 2023