- 01 Can a Crashed Hard Drive Be Recovered
- 02 Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- 03 Hard Drive Recovery Service
- 04 Recover Formatted Hard Drive
- 05 Recover Deleted Files from Hard Drive
- 06 External Hard Drive Recovery Software
- 07 Recover Seagate External Hard Drive
- 08 Western Digital Data Recovery
- 09 SSD Drive Recovery
- 10 GPT Parition Recovery
- 11 Mac Hard Drive Recovery
We are going to talk about Western Digital/WD disk recovery tool and how to easily recover data from a Western Digital hard drive with it. You can download this freeware and follow the guide below to perform hard drive recovery.
About Western Digital(WD) Hard Disk Drive
With the continuous growth in digital media availability, all information must be stored somewhere. And, of course, the most commonly used storage media must be the hard drive which is also the integral part of a computer. One of the famous hard drive producers is Western Digital. As one of the largest hard drive brands, it provides high-performance hard drives. WD HDD is a non-volatile storage device that stores data on rapidly rotating platters with magnetic surfaces.
If you are using a Western Digital hard disk, data recovery knowledge is quite important. Data loss happens to everyone every day and everywhere.
Why Perform Western Digital (WD) Disk Recovery
Most Western Digital hard disk drive users must be troubled if they lost their data.
- Accidental deletion or format
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to format or delete the partition when you reinstall the operating system. But, there are users who end up incorrectly formatting or deleting the wrong partition. That’s only to find that their useful and precious data was gone after a few clicks.
- Other unexpected data loss situations
Far more than that, virus attacks, power failures, partition corruption, and other reasons also cause data loss disasters.
When it comes to Western Digital disk recovery, third-party EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard should be the preferred choice. Compared to the complicated and time-consuming manual data recovery service, this option is far better.
It only takes a few minutes to restore WD data. Also, it is compatible with all Western Digital hard disk drives like My Book Pro, My Book, WD Elements, My Book Studio, etc.
How to Use EaseUS Western Digital (WD) Disk Recovery Freeware
EaseUS EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is designed to easily retrieve data from Western Digital, Samsung, and other hard disk drives. It enables you to perform deleted recovery, format recovery, or partition recovery effectively. You can also use this freeware to retrieve data from the lost FAT16, FAT 32, NTFS, or EXT2/3 partition.
Step 1. Scan the hard drive partition
Select the drive on your hard disk where you lost or deleted files. Click "Scan" and let EaseUS data recovery software scan for all lost data and files on the selected drive.
Step 2. Check the results
When the scan completes, you can apply the "Filter" feature or click the "Search files or folders" option to find the lost files on the hard drive.
Step 3. Restore lost hard drive data
Select wanted files that you lost on the drive and click "Recover" to save them to another location.
- Western Digital encrypts the data in external USB hard drives like the"My Book" or "Passport" drives. If the USB-to-SATA interface board fails (which contains an encryption chip), then your chance of recovering the data with a simple "undelete the files" program is zero. You cannot just remove the drive from the USB box and connect it to a desktop machine with SATA cables because the data is still encrypted, even if you did not set a password. Before you take action, make sure that your WD disk is not one of these types.
What Else EaseUS Can Do for You (Bonus Features)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has been receiving positive reviews and ratings since its release, so it’s time you download it. It is a must-have hard disk recovery freeware that offers the following features:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations.
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely, and completely.
- Recover data from the Recycle Bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder.
Get this freeware and recover up to 2GB of data. If you have more data to be recovered, upgrade to the premium version - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional.
Free Western Digital Disk Recovery FAQs
After learning the free western digital disk recovery, you may have more questions about it. See if you can find your answers here:
1. How do I recover files from my Western Digital hard drive?
Data can be quickly recovered from Western Digital, Samsung, and other hard disk devices with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It makes it possible for you to successfully do deleted recovery, format recovery, or partition recovery.
- Scan the hard drive's partitions.
- Any EaseUS Recovery software will ask you to select the hard disk partition where the data was lost and then click 'Scan.'
- See the information on the uncovered hard disk.
- Hard disk data can sometimes be retrieved.
2. Does WD have data recovery?
If your Western Digital hard drive is still covered by warranty and has a Western Digital drive-related issue, take it to the company's repair center. However, if the file loss was caused by your own error, the western digital support center may occasionally charge hundreds of dollars for file recovery.
3. How do I fix a corrupted WD hard drive
- Check WD HDD bad sectors with Easeus free partition manager.
- Test bad sectors using Western Digital data lifeguard.
- Replace the Western Digital hard drive with the bad sector with a new HDD.
4. What should I do if the WD 2TB external hard disk does not appear in Disk Management or on my computer?
- Change the USB port or USB cable first.
- Start the computer in safe mode, then see whether WD appears.
- Modify the drive letter.
- Inspect for file system errors and repair any faulty sectors already present.
- On WD, create a new partition.
Was This Page Helpful?
Updated by Dany
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Approved by Mahesh Makvana
Mahesh is an experienced computer tech writer. He's been writing tech how-to guides for about 8 years now and has covered many topics. He loves to teach people how they can get the most out of their devices.
Unparalleled RAID Recovery Services for RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 & 10 [2023 Tips]
Cedric/Feb 22, 2023
What Is Network Attached Storage and How to Recover Lost/Deleted Data from NAS
Cedric/Feb 22, 2023
5 Ways to Troubleshoot Video Not Working on Zoom
Brithny/Mar 10, 2023
How to Recover Lost Files After System Restore Windows 7
Cedric/Feb 22, 2023