How to Move Fortnite to Another Drive/PC (Simple Clicks)
Reddit Case: "How do I copy Fortnite to another PC without redownloading the game? can you guide me with these pics, please?"
How to Move Fortnite to Another Folder, Drive, or PC
Game enthusiasts seem interested in how to move Fortnite to another drive or PC because of the three reasons below. If you have the same needs like that, fortunately, the simplest fix is waiting for you!
- The low speed of the system drive/C drive is running out of space.
- Plan to move Fortnite or other epic games to an SSD to play the game in better performance.
- Get a new computer and need to move epic games to another pc.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|1 - Move Fortnite from One PC to Another||
|2 - Move Fortnite to Another Drive|
If you are familiar with this Epic Games, you'll know that Epic's launcher only lets you move Fortnite by uninstalling and re-downloading files larger than 30 GB files. The Epic launcher only gives two options to either uninstall or verify the game files. To move Epic games to another PC, you can follow the ways below.
No re-download and reinstall process, No time-wasting, EaseUS Todo PCTrans helps you move installed games like Fortnite, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Overwatch, Minecraft from one drive/PC to another in one click. It is an easy PC transfer tool that helps you transfer your data, applications, and account settings from one PC to another.
Download this software and follow the steps to transfer Fortnite from one PC to another.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
3. Set the transfer direction - "Transfer from this PC to other PC" and click "OK" to continue.
Step 3. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. Click "Edit" on the application section, then you can open up the application list.
Then you can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Finish" to confirm.
At last, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
2 - How to Move Fortnite to Another Drive (2 Ways)
If you want to change the Game installation location, you can transfer Fortnite to another drive. There are two ways to transfer Epic games. One is using EaseUS Todo PCTrans. The other is moving Fortnite to another drive manually.
EaseUS PC data transfer program can help you move Fortnite to another drive with a few clicks automatically. Here are the steps:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans, choose "App Migration", and click "Start" on the main screen.
Step 2. EaseUS Todo PCTrans will automatically scan and display all the supported programs.
Step 3. Click "Transfer" to start moving Fortnite to another drive or location.
If you don't want to use a third-party tool to change Fortnite install location, the following two manual methods also can be used to copy Fortnite to another place. However, the first one may fail by error, and the second one only suits to move Epic games to another drive.
Step 1. Uninstall and Reinstall with Epic Game Launcher (Between PC/Drive)
First, you'll need to create a backup copy of your Fortnite folder in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite by default. Copy and paste a copy of the Fortnite folder into another location. If you plan on moving Fortnite from one PC to another, you can copy the Fortnite folder into an external USB drive. Then, uninstall Fortnite with these steps:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher application.
- Go to "Library", click the settings gear on the Fortnite thumbnail, and select "Uninstall" and confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Step 2. Start and cancel the Fortnite installation
- Go to the computer where you will copy Fortnite.
- Open Epic Games Launcher application; install Fortnite from Store or Library.
- Then, please choose the location and install it.
- Cancel the installation after beginning, and close the launcher.
Step 3. Move your Fortnite backup to the new download location
- Go to the new download location you've set, and paste the Fortnite backup folder.
- If the system prompts you for a file with the same name, please click "Replace the files in the destination".
Step 4. Resume Fortnite installation
- Next, open the Epic Games Launcher, go to Library, and resume Fortnite's installation process.
Step 5. Verify Fortnite content
- The Epic Games Launcher will scan the Fortnite directory, and find you already have the files, and skip downloading them.
- Then, Epic Games Launcher will verify the content of Fortnite and check out whether there are corrupted files or not.
- If any problems are found, you need to re-download the game. If there are no problems after verifying, you can now play Fortnite.
As you can see from the above content, compared to the manual way, EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to move Fortnite to another drive or PC with very simple steps. Apart from app migration, this PC data transfer software also supports all the files and user account copying in two transfer approaches:
PC to PC: Connect two Windows laptops/PCs by the network, and move your files, apps & accounts off the old PC to a new one via a network connection.
Backup & Restore: Transfer files from PC to PC without network. Make images of files, folders, or software on the previous computer, and transfer them to the next one. It also works as a backup. If you have a question about how to move your games to another drive or transfer data between two computers, you can contact our support team for solutions.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.