EaseUS Clone Wizard | How to Clone Hard Disk with EaseUS Partition Master
Disk clone or partition clone is a process of creating a full and 1 to 1 copy of the content of a partition or a hard disk. You may need to clone disk when you want to:
- Create a backup image to protect data from a hard drive failure or OS crash.
- Upgrade hard drive for better computer performance, including clone HDD to a bigger HDD or clone HDD to a smaller SSD.
- Migrate OS to SSD without re-installing OS and applications.
What Is Ideal Disk Clone Software
The ideal disk clone program should be easy-to-use and safe. All the data can be copied so that if the source hard drive fails you can restore it from the cloned device.
EaseUS Partition Master provides the most reliable disk clone options to help you clone either a single partition or an entire disk to another destination drive even it is smaller than the source. For example, you can clone 1TB HDD to 512GB SSD.
EaseUS Partition Master is friendly to both beginners and pros. It makes it simple to optimize your hard disk and enhance system performance.
- Resize/move partitions, such as transfer free disk space from one drive to another directly
- Create/format/delete partitions, merge partitions, copy disk/partition
- Convert a logical partition to primary or primary partition to logical, FAT to NTFS partition, MBR disk to GPT, or GPT disk to MBR.
- Manage dynamic volume easily, including resize/extend/shrink/create a dynamic volume
- Migrate OS to SSD to speed up Windows without reinstalling
How to Clone HDD to SSD/HDD with EaseUS Partition Master
Free download EaseUS partitioning tool and follow the step-by-step guides below to clone disk with a few clicks.
Step 1. Select the source disk.
Right-click the disk that you want to copy or clone. Then, select "Clone".
Step 2. Select the target disk.
Choose the wanted HDD/SSD as your destination and click "Next" to continue.
Step 3. View the disk layout and edit the target disk partition size.
Then click "Continue" when the program warns it will wipe out all data on the target disk. (If you have valuable data on the target disk, back up it in advance.)
You can select "Autofit the disk", "Clone as the source" or "Edit disk layout" to customize your disk layout. (Select the last one if you want to leave more space for C drive.)
Step 4. Click "Proceed" to start the disk cloning process.
Learn More About EaseUS Clone
EaseUS disk clone products have great reputations on the market. Except for EaseUS Partition Master, EaseUS Todo Backup and EaseUS Disk Copy are another two programs that are also good at partition or disk cloning.
1. EaseUS Partition Master VS EaseUS Todo Backup VS EaseUS Disk Copy
All three have disk cloning and system migration capabilities.
- EaseUS Partition Master is a top-notch Windows 10 disk management tool as introduced before.
- EaseUS Todo Backup focuses on file backup, system backup, and disk/partition backup. Of course, disk cloning is also a major feature.
- EaseUS Disk Copy is a small utility and specifically developed for disk clone. It is very effective in cloning MBR and GPT disks.
2. Is EaseUS clone free?
EaseUS Partition Master clone tool is professional and trustworthy. Even though the product is not free, you can get a very good product for very little money. With software, you can clone MBR disk to GPT disk or GPT disk to MBR without any limit.
3. What is the best hard drive cloning software?
What's the best disk cloning software for windows 10? First, choose the three EaseUS clone programs to easily clone hard disk or partition with a graphical user interface.
- EaseUS Partition Master
- EaseUS Todo Backup
- EaseUS Disk Copy
Other disk cloning tools you can try to clone HDD to SSD or HDD are:
- Acronis True Image
- PMacrium Reflect
- Paragon Drive Copy Professional
- [email protected] Disk Image
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
I love that the changes you make with EaseUS Partition Master Free aren't immediately applied to the disks. It makes it way easier to play out what will happen after you've made all the changes. I also think the overall look and feel of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you're doing with your computer's partitions easy. Read More
Partition Master Free can Resize, Move, Merge, Migrate, and Copy disks or partitions; convert to local, change label, defragment, check and explore partition; and much more. A premium upgrade adds free tech support and the ability to resize dynamic volumes. Read More
It won't hot image your drives or align them, but since it's coupled with a partition manager, it allows you do perform many tasks at once, instead of just cloning drives. You can move partitions around, resize them, defragment, and more, along with the other tools you'd expect from a cloning tool. Read More
About EaseUS Partition Master
All-round disk & partition management software for personal and commercial use. Let it manage your storage drive: resize, format, delete, clone, convert, etc.
How to Partititon a Hard Drive on Windows 11/10/8/7
Was This Page Helpful
How Can We Help You
Find answers to common questions below.