Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Lost desktop files without a backup, how to recover?
"Yesterday, I accidentally deleted a desktop folder that contains a lot of precious pictures and home videos of my families for many years. I checked the recycle bin, nothing was found. I am wondering is there any way to recover the deleted files from desktop? I'm using Windows 10."
Similar to what happened in the above user story, today, accidental deletion is a major reason for data loss. And other common causes can be storage device formatting, hard drive damage, OS crash, recycle bin emptying, virus attack, etc.
In this post, we are going to discuss how to recover deleted files from desktop in Windows 11/10/8/7 in two useful ways. You can restore deleted desktop files either from the previous version or with powerful third-party data recovery software with the step-by-step tutorials. Follow and try it out now!
How to Recover Deleted Files from Desktop via Previous Versions
Previous versions are either copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup or copies of files and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. When you deleted files or folders on your desktop, you can try to restore them for free from the previous version. Here we will show you how to make it.
- Find the folder that contains the deleted file or folder, right-click it, then click "Restore previous versions".
- You'll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. Before restoring a previous version of a file or folder, click "Open" to preview it to make sure it’s the version you want.
- Then, click "Restore" to recover deleted files from Desktop.
- The recovered file or folder will replace the current version, and the replacement cannot be undone.
- If the Restore button isn’t available, it means that you can't restore a previous version of the file or folder to its original location. However, you might be able to open and save it to a different location.
It's quite simple to recover deleted files from desktop through the previous versions. But the fact is that many users do not have the copies of files or folders created by Windows Backup or Windows automatic backup. Then how to recover deleted files or folders from desktop without a backup? Don’t worry, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard comes to help you out.
How to Recover Desktop Files with Data Recovery Software
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard enables you to recover deleted files or folders from desktop, even the permanently deleted ones, in three simple steps on Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server.
Besides, to recover deleted files on Mac, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is available to you.
Step 1. Select the location to scan lost folder
Under the Location section, click "Browse" on Select Folder to choose the location where you lost the folder and click "OK" to scan the lost folder.
Step 2. Find and preview found files in the lost folder
If you remember the folder name, type the folder name in "Search" to quickly find the lost folder. Then open the found folder and double-click to preview lost files.
Or you can use the left pane to locate the lost folder, then use "Filter" and "Type" to specify the desired files.
Step 3. Recover and save the lost folder with files
Last, select the folder and files and click "Recover", browse to choose a new & secure spot on your PC and click "OK" to save it.
Useful Tips to Prevent Data Loss
- Back up of crucial files automatically with schedule backup software
- Eject the external storage device before disconnecting
- Manage files carefully to avoid accidental loss of data
- Back up your hard drive before formatting or a major Windows update
- Keep a data recovery software handy to recover lost data in time
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More