Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Have you ever got Excel files such as important XLS or CSV file saved-over, replaced, or overwritten by new file with the same file name? If so, what will you do if such a problem happens to you?
Usually, when an Excel file got overwritten or replaced in Windows PC, ordinary users would think that it's impossible to get their files restored. If you are having the same problem and finding no way to restore them, don't give up. Here, this article will provide you with two reliable methods to help you restore saved over, overwritten or even replaced XLS/CSV files. Besides, data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help you to recover deleted, lost, or formatted XLS/CSV effortlessly.
- If you've just saved Excel file without closing the app, you can directly press Control + Z to cancel the operation and revert your XLS/CSV files to the previous editing state.
As we all know that Microsoft Office has AutoRecover feature which will save all Excel files under editing as a temp file and save them to a specific location in Windows C drive. The particular location may be Unsaved Files or Temp folder of your Windows depending on the OS version you use. So if your Excel file got lost, replaced or even overwritten, you might directly restore it from TMP files with below tips.
1. Follow the temp file folder location on your PC and find the Excel temp files.
- For Windows 7 users:
- For Windows 8/10 users:
2. Locate and select the right Excel temp file by date, then copy and save to another safe spot by changing the extension.
After this, do remember to save the restored XLS/CSV files into a safe location in case of an unexpected problem happening again.
If your Excel file XLS or CSV files got replaced or saved over, relax. You may follow guidelines and get your saved-over XLS/CSV files back now.
1. Try to create a new Excel file with the same name as the overwritten file or find the overwritten saved file. Right-click on the Excel XLS/CSV file and select "Properties";
2. Go to Previous Versions, find and select the latest version or the last version before Excel replaced or saved, click "Restore". Then you can get your Excel file XLS or CSV restored without losing any saved data.
If you are a Mac user and lost Excel files without saving, you can read how to recover unsaved excel file on Mac.
If you got your XLS/CSV removed from your PC by deletion, formatting, virus attack, or emptying recycle bin, don't worry, EaseUS data recovery software will help you out. This versatile data recovery program supports deleted files recovery, formatted recovery, recycle bin emptied data recovery, lost partition recovery, OS crash recovery, RAW partition recovery, etc.
Now, download and use this Excel file recovery software to recover deleted or lost XLS/CSV file from HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, Pen drive, external hard drive, and so on.
Step 1. Select location and click "Scan"
Choose the drive X: or a specific folder on Desktop or somewhere else where you lost the excel files, and then click "Scan".
Step 2. Locate your excel files
To quickly find the Excel files from the scan results, click on the "Filter" on the top area, choose "Excel", and click tree view on the left side. Or, search .xls or .xlsx in the Search box.
Step 3. Preview and recover
You can double click on the Excel file to preview its integrity. Finally, select the desired Excel files and click "Recover".
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More