Page Table of Contents
- Can I Transfer Installed Programs to SSD in Windows 11
- Benefits of Transferring Installed Programs
- Tips on Transferring Installed Programs to SSD
- Guide to Transfer Installed Programs to SSD without Reinstallation in Windows 11
Are you wondering if you could transfer the installed programs to SSD in Windows 11? If so, the straight answer is yes. While it's common to transfer programs from one window to the other, it's always better to know the possible reasons for the need to perform this action.
Reasons to Transfer Installed Programs to SSD in Windows 11
- 1. Accidental installation of Windows 11 is one of the most common reasons people transfer their installed programs from SSD to Windows 11. Due to this, your system has a higher chance of getting shut down and rendered.
- 2. In case you install Windows 11 on a hard drive by accident, it's best to migrate the files from SSD to Windows 11, which doesn't require reinstallation of the system.
- 3. Many users also transfer their installed programs to Windows 11 for improved performance, as it's the most advanced next-generation operating system.
- 4. Another convincing factor for users to perform this step is that Windows 11 doesn't require a clean installation. This means you won't have to install your windows to move your files, programs, settings, or other things.
You can also learn how to move installed programs to another drive Windows 11 in this article.
- Free Extra Space
By transferring unnecessary installed programs from SSD to Windows 11, you ultimately free a big chunk of space from your system. Transferring important files from SSD to Windows 11 is also important to change your default install location and move things to a safe place.
- Move to a Safe Location
Transferring important files from SSD to windows 11 is also important in changing your default install location and moving things to a safe place.
- Improve System Speed
The biggest boost in the speed of your system also comes by only keeping the necessary installed programs for improved performance without any glitches.
Now that you've decided to transfer installed programs to SSD, the first step is to confirm the programs and apps that you want to transfer to SSD.
Although it's a simple and necessary process to free up extra space and improve the system, following the right steps is what makes the difference.
Once you've decided to transfer the programs, the next step is to confirm the SSD installed on Windows 11 to make sure it's working well or not.
If SSD doesn't work?
If your SSD doesn't work, the chances are that you have a dead or damaged SSD which you can fix by following ways.
- 1. Update your SSD firmware.
- 2. Check if your SSD is corrupted in the file system and fix it.
- 3. Re-install the system to fix a dead SSD drive.
- 4. Configure SSD settings to comply with the BIOS menu.
- 5. Delete the SSD partition in your Windows
If the SSD Works, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Open the SSD Drive and choose the installed programs you want to transfer to. However, these apps only work for the programs installed from the Microsoft store.
Step 2. To do this, go to programs and tick the programs that need to be transferred to Windows 11.
Step 3. Now, scroll through the apps from the list and click on the move.
Step 4. To move the apps to Windows 11, click on the option "Move to Windows 11".
Another easy way to transfer installed programs from a system C drive to a new SSD without installation is by using reliable third-party software. For this reason, we found that EaseUS Todo PCTrans is the best program migration tool to transfer programs between different drives smoothly.
Not only is it incredibly easy to use, but it also removes the unnecessary hassle while downloading the software on your Windows 11. Without any additional downloads, you can easily migrate the software to Windows 11 within three simple steps.
Not only that, but it's also easy to navigate and launch the program, which makes the transfer process easier than ever. From migrating old PC files to moving data, application, and account from one system to another, EaseUS Todo PCTrans is the smart solution for all your needs.
Move everything securely in less than a few minutes with a few simplest steps to your new Windows for improved efficiency and extra space. On top of that, it does all the transfers automatically, using three methods which are via a network connection, transfer locally and transfer via image files.
If you want to move programs to SDD without reinstallation in Windows 11, the most compromising option for you is to use an app migration tool to make the process easy and secure. Though many such tools offer simple file move operations, you need a more powerful tool that can move a dozen files from system C to the hard drive.
Step 1. Connect new SSD or HDD to your PC and Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans
1. Connect the new SSD or HDD to your computer and initialize it to make the drive accessible.
2. On the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, click "App Migration" and click "Start" to continue.
Step 2. Select apps, programs on the source disk and select SSD or HDD as target disk to transfer
1. On the source partition where you installed apps, tick desired programs (marked as "Yes") that you'd like to transfer to your SSD or HDD.
2. Click the triangle icon to select the new SSD or HDD as the destination and click "Transfer" to move the selected programs.
Step 3. Wait for the transferring process to finish
When the process finishes, click "OK" to complete.
Then you can restart your PC to keep all the changes and you can run the transferred program on your new SSD or HDD again.
As an all-in-one solution for data transfer, EaseUS Todo PCTrans is also compatible with a bevy of files, apps, and programs to move data from one place to another easily. It is really helpful to transfer files from PC to PC.
From Microsoft, Adobe Software, Google Chrome, and Steam Games, it supports nearly all browsers and windows to transfer files from a source location to the target. The best part is that you don't even need an internet connection to transfer the installed programs from your system C to SSD in Windows 11.
Transferring installed programs to Windows 11 doesn't have to be a battle of nerves. All you need is a good program migration tool to change the locale of your files and move them from one place to another.
Needless to say, EaseUS Todo PCTrans software offers a corresponding solution to clean up the overfilled space on your hard drive with a quick disk clean-up in just a few clicks.
Other exclusive features of EaseUS Todo PCTrans transfer include the automatic transfer of programs, files, and settings that don't require reinstallation of windows.
About the Author
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More