6 Ways to Transfer Files from Laptop to Laptop in Windows 11
Transferring files from one laptop to another may be a difficult task as such. However, what if you are trying to find the best options to transfer the files from one laptop to another laptop with Windows 11? That can be a little complicated, and we thought of listing out the best options that can help you transfer files from laptop to laptop with Windows 11.
Six Ways to Transfer Files from Laptop to Laptop in Windows 11
Now that you have moved on to the new Windows 11 ecosystem, you would want to check the excellent options for transferring the files from laptop to laptop on Windows 11.
To help you fully transfer files from the old laptop to a new laptop with Windows 11, we collected 6 methods that help you execute the file migration task between laptops with ease. Go and find a favored method for help now:
The data transfer software or standalone software can be one of the excellent options for providing you with a vast degree of performance excellence in transferring your files from laptop to laptop. One of the excellent options from this perspective is EaseUS ToDo PCTrans. The software is available both in free and Pro variants.
The software can be one of the excellent options for migrating practically everything from an old laptop to Windows 11. It can help you with the transfer needs in terms of moving a great deal of data, applications, and accounts between computers. The software can also recover the files and programs from a dead computer with ease.
Step 1. Install and launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both two laptops. On the source laptop, select "PC to PC" to continue.
Step 2. There are two options for you to connect laptops. One is to enter the destination laptop's password account, and the other is to input the verification code (which you can click and check on the right top of the "PC to PC" mainscreen on the destination laptop). Verify the transfer direction and click "Connect" to start the transfer process.
Step 3. Now, choose "Files" and click "Edit" to select files for transfer.
Step 4. Choose all the files you need to transfer to another laptop. You can click the "Edit" icon to redirect the selected files to a different location on the target PC by changing the target path.
Step 5. After selection, click "Finish" and "Transfer" to start to transfer files from one laptop to another.
This software comes with a host of great and advanced features:
- You can move everything securely – The tool lets you transfer the data for transferring several applications and data. It supports most of the common apps and programs that include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Photoshop, Adobe software, AutoCAD, and Dropbox.
- Quick and Automatic Data Transfer – When you set up a new PC, the auto data transfer can help you with your programs installed and ready for use.
- Data Rescue Feature - The Data Rescue feature is yet another added advantage that lets you retrieve data from even a dead computer. It can also be an excellent option to help you retrieve the data from a computer that is booting up quite slowly.
The file transfer with the help of OneDrive can be yet another excellent option for providing you with a huge degree of experience. It can be one of the premium options for an enhanced degree of experience in improving your performance.
The method in transferring the files using OneDrive can include:
- Install and set up OneDrive on your old laptop.
- Copy all the files from the old laptop onto OneDrive. You may also copy only those files that you want to transfer.
- Install and set up OneDrive on the new laptop. Make sure that you have signed in with the same Microsoft account on the new laptop.
- Download the files from OneDrive
That does it. The method also provides you with an easy-to-use functionality wherein you can select the exact files you want to transfer to a new laptop.
Using an external hard drive can be pretty advantageous and does provide you with an enhanced degree of experience. But, of course, if you are not willing to invest in a new hard drive, you may utilize any existing hard drive in working conditions.
The steps should be extremely simpler and user friendly:
- Connect the external hard drive on to your old laptop
- Copy the files that you want to transfer to your new Windows 11 laptop.
- Disconnect the drive from the old laptop
- Connect it to the new laptop
- Reverse the process. That is, copy the files from the external drive onto your new laptop.
It wasn’t that simple and easier option to transfer the files. The service does provide you access to an additional benefit with the backup capability of your files.
Using Bluetooth can be one of the excellent options for achieving n effective file transfer capability. Since we are using two laptops for transferring the files between them, Bluetooth can be one of the simplest and easiest options that we would want to go with.
The steps should be extremely simple and easy to go with:
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area
- Click on the option Send a file. Pick the files that you want to send from the File Explorer
- Select the recipients from the list of paired devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the files.
Yet another easy-to-use option for transferring the files between Windows 11 is to use an Ethernet cable. The functionality should be one of the simplest and easiest options for providing you access to an enhanced degree of experience in achieving positive results.
Here is how you would go with it:
- Connect both the laptops to an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the sharing option on both devices. You can do this by going through the path Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings on Control Panel.
- Make the following settings –
- 1. Turn on Network discovery
- 2. Turn on file and printer sharing
- 3. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders
- 4. Turn off password protected sharing
- Select the folder that you want to share and right-click on it.
- Click on Share With and select the options for Specific people.
- Follow the options to share the files with the other laptop.
Email is yet another great option for sharing your files between two laptops seamlessly and effortlessly. In fact, given the fact that you have set up the email client on both your laptops, you can simply email the files to yourself and then get access to the files with ease.
Here is how you would be able to transfer the data with email:
- From your old laptop, email the files to your own email address
- Log in to your email on the new laptop.
- Access the email that you just sent and download the file.
Please note that email services come with a limitation on the size of the attachments. Under standard conditions, you would find that most of the email services come with a limit on attachments that can be around 10 MB to 25 MB in size.
The Final Wrap Up
Transferring the files between two laptops can definitely be an arduous task if you want o transfer all your data so that you do not need to set up everything on your laptop from scratch. The different file transfer options outlined in this compilation and tutorial should ideally help you get access to a great degree of ease and functionality.
While there are several great options that can prove to be helpful in the long run, EaseUS ToDo PCTrans can definitely be something that redefines your experience by miles. The automatic and quick transfer feature lets you transfer a huge amount of data, including user account and settings. The software can be your best bet for transferring the data between laptops, computers, and even external hard drives.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.