Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
macOS or Mac OS X is similar to Windows OS. Some users may have noticed that Mac consists of partitions or logical drives, which are mostly called:
- APFS (Apple File System)
- HFS (Hierarchical File System)
- HFS+ (Hierarchical File System)
Being entitled to the same functions as Windows partitions, Mac partitions or volumes are also designed as a database for users to store and keep data on their computers. Thus, Mac computers may also face the same trouble under Windows OS that these partitions may get lost, missed, formatted, or corrupt due to some common reasons like hard drive crashes, uncertain system shutdown, virus attacks, power surge, software corruption, file system corruption, or wrongdoing.
As mentioned above, the Mac partition is also under the threat of losing. How to recover deleted partitions on Mac is now confusing quite a lot of users.
Just imagine that you accidentally formatted your Mac partition with nothing remaining, and all your business files were lost. How can you recover the formatted hard drive on Mac and save those important files? Can you recover data from a lost APFS, HFS+, or HFS partition? Before you start Mac partition recovery, you should take measures after you lost your Mac partition:
- Do not reformat the drive or re-partition it
- Do not write anything to the drive containing lost partitions
- Do not try to re-create partitions
- Do not run any disk utilities or any defrag utility
If you lost your familiar volumes in Finder, you might have lost your partitions. This situation may lead to complete data loss if you act fast with professional Mac partition recovery software. I have listed the top 6 Mac partition recovery software for free here. Select the best one to recover deleted Mac partition data.
- Keep in mind that this is an evolving list – it was originally published earlier and is constantly updated. We're actively working on more Mac partition recovery software testing and research, so expect this guide to change throughout the year.
We tested the Mac partition recovery software from multiple aspects, such as operating system compatibility, performance, supported file system, and more. Testing statistics are listed below:
|🔢 Number of tested tools||6|
|⏳ How long have we tested||3 weeks|
|💻 OS version||macOS Ventura/ Big Sur|
|📙 File system||APFS/HFS+|
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can restore data due to formatting and recover lost files from lost, missing or deleted Mac partitions. You can easily get back lost Mac partitions and Mac data with it. To recover lost Mac partitions:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and choose the partition of your hard drive, SSD, SD card, USB flash drive, or TF card where you lost data. Click "Search for lost files" to start scanning.
Step 2. The software will automatically scan for lost data on MacBook/iMac. When the scan completes, filter wanted data through the "Type" and "Path" buttons.
Step 3. Double-click a file to preview it. Then, click the "Recover" button to restore the lost data to another place.
- It allows you to recover & salvage data from all partitions or logical drives of the Mac Operating System.
- It works assiduously to provide users with full Mac hard drive recovery solutions.
- It can solve all types of data loss situations, like recovering deleted files after emptying Trash Bin, retrieving data from a formatted USB drive, and getting back lost data after macOS reinstallation.
- It supports All File System: APFS, HFS+, HFS X, FAT (FAT16, FAT32), exFAT, NTFS.
- This software also supports bootable recovery. When your Mac dies or crashes, you can restore precious data by creating a bootable media with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac.
If you find this information helpful, please share it with others on social media to assist them in overcoming this common challenge.
Top 2. TestDisk
TestDisk is a powerful tool to recover lost partitions, fix partition tables, and rebuild the boot sector, though it requires some computer expertise. It is an open-source, freeware product that allows for multiple file type recovery. You can retrieve lost hard disk partitions quickly and safely.
- It is capable of recovering the NTFS boot sector from its respective backup.
- You can recover several types of files, including FAT, exFAT, NTFS, and ext2 files.
- This software can copy files from deleted files and partitions.
Here is a quick glance at TestDisk data recovery software on Twitter.
Testdisk, which is a part of the gparted boot image, is very good software.— Danny (@Danny__D) March 14, 2023
It's run in the terminal. Wow.
An easy-to-use tool called Stellar Data Recovery for Mac can restore data from any kind of internal or external Mac partitions. Photos, movies, documents, and other items can be recovered from all Mac HDDs, SSDs, thumb drives, memory cards, and more with the aid of this data recovery program for Macs.
- It looks at a number of intricate drive characteristics, including temperature, drive health, and performance.
- Use it for free to recover 1GB of data.
- It ables to retrieve data from any kind of storage
Top 4. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is not only about Mac data recovery. It's also packed with useful disk tools for all data professionals and home users. The following extra tools are free and packed in Disk Drill right out of the box. There's no need to buy more apps to clean up your Macintosh, find duplicates on your hard drive, back up your data, or monitor your disk's health. Download the free Disk Drill, and you are all covered.
- It is compatible with all the Mac OS X and macOS systems.
- This software recovers 200+ file types.
- It is packed with free and useful disk tools for all users.
Top 5. PhotoRec
PhotoRec is a free digital photo recovery tool that can restore lost images from computers, digital cameras, mobile devices, memory cards or other storage media such as CD-ROMs. Because this utility ignores the device's file structure, it can retrieve data even when the file system has been corrupted. If you want to perform Mac partition recovery, try this software.
- Restores most devices
- Works on many file formats, not just images
Top 6. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
A complete program called Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery was created especially to help people recover lost data from MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and other Mac devices. Because of its user-friendly design and ability to restore files, it is well-liked by users of all skill levels. This software can recover documents, pictures, videos, and other file formats.
If you are interested in partition recovery on Mac, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms!
If you'd rather use a completely free Mac data recovery program, check out the Top 6 Mac Partition Recovery Software [Free].
Lost Partition Recovery with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
If you have lost important data due to partition loss, you can use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac to recover lost partition with ease. Read more >>
Continue reading to find out which data recovery program is perfect for you if you'd rather have a seamless and limitless opportunity to recover your data.
Top 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Pro [Sonoma Compatible]
The EaseUS Mac data recovery program supports multiple file systems partition recovery. For example, recovering data from an APFS drive and retrieving files from HFS, HFS+, HFSX, and FAT.
- Offers bootable data recovery in the event of a Mac machine failure or crash.
- All Mac file system devices, including APFS, HFS+, HFS X, FAT (FAT16, FAT32), exFAT, and NTFS, are fully recoverable of data.
- Allows for cross-platform data recovery restoring lost data on Mac and Windows systems.
Top 2. Data Rescue 6
Retrieving lost or erased files from your Mac disk using Data Rescue 6 for Mac is simple. The outstanding feature of excluding duplicate files from the recovery result indeed saves Mac users some precious minutes in finding out what they did lose and excluding unwanted data quickly.
- This tool is capable of retrieving data from any storage device and disk format.
- It enables you to preview your files before retrieving them.
- It is quite compatible with many Mac operating systems.
Top 3. Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac
The website for Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac refers to it as DIY (Do It Yourself) data recovery software. Because of its potent recuperation qualities, professional review sites and editors also give it great appreciation. With EasyRecovery Professional, this highly recognized software specifically caters to small and medium-sized enterprises.
- A straightforward and intuitive interface
- It has a number of helpful features.
- Expert specialists are available around-the-clock to facilitate data recovery.
The Premium version costs $99.99 a year and is as popular as its free edition. In addition to data recovery, it fixes corrupted images and movies. Such files may become corrupted due to a hard disk failure, computer viruses, and malware. Certain photos and videos are typically necessary since they include private information. Because of its ability to fix faulty images and videos, the premium version is well-liked by individuals who frequently utilize images and movies in their work.
- Recovers all kinds of materials, including emails, archives, photos, movies, music, and audio files.
- It is simple to operate and includes a user manual for those unfamiliar with this kind of equipment.
Top 5. Disk Drill
In addition to free data recovery, Disk Drill's Mac users examine disk space and free up hard drive space. Consider it more of a Mac disk management utility with data backup, disk cleanup, and duplicate file finder capabilities than dependable partition recovery software.
- Recovery via bootloading is not supported.
- There is no support for HFS X or APFS.
- A recovery boot drive is needed for data recovery on the most recent macOS 10.14/10.13.
You can easily get back Mac partition data if you get the right tool. Recovering partitions on macOS or Mac OS X could be easily done by using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. This software also allows you to:
- Recover deleted files from an SD card, memory card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, or digital camera...
- Recover over 200+ file types
- Recover data after system crash, partition formatting, virus attacks...
Don't hesitate to equip your Mac with such a powerful tool and rescue your data to prevent complete data loss.
People Also Ask
If you still have questions, you can read the following questions:
How do I recover a partition on my hard drive?
Just download and install EaseUS data recovery software and follow the steps below to get back your lost files in a hassle-free manner:
Step 1. Select the location where your important data and files were deleted and click the Scan button.
Step 2. The software will run both quick scan and deep scan and work hard to find as many deleted files as possible on the selected volume.
Step 3. The scan results will be displayed in the left pane. Just select the file and click the Recover Now button to get them back.
Is Mac Data Recovery safe?
Yes, it is. It will not do any damage to your hard drive, regardless of the operations you perform. This is because the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard performs procedures safely. It will not write any additional data to your storage device.
What is recovery mode on Mac?
Recovery Mode is a special mode that loads built-in recovery tools from a special disk partition that holds a recovery image along with a copy of the macOS installer.
What is the best file recovery software for Mac?
Top 5 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac OS X and macOS:
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- Data Rescue 6
- Disk Drill
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
Jean/Oct 18, 2023
Dany/Nov 02, 2023
Tracy King/Oct 20, 2023
Jean/Oct 30, 2023