- 1. Clean Installing vs. Windows 10 Migration Tool
- 2. Does Windows 10 have a migration tool?
- 3. Best Windows 10 Cloning Software - EaseUS Disk Copy
- 4. How to Clone Windows 10 to Another PC
When your computer starts to become slower and slower or even crashes occasionally after a few years of use, you may want to change to a new computer. The problem you may face is how can you keep the Windows 10, programs, and files the same as the old PC. If you are an office worker with computers both at home and in the office, you may want the systems to keep the same. If you just want a simple backup of all data and systems in case the computer crashes or gets hit by a virus. If you want to upgrade your HDD to SSD, one thing you need is to transfer the Windows 11/10 system.
If you have any of the above needs, keep reading and we will provide you with the best solution.
Clean Installing vs. Windows 10 Migration Tool
Clean installing vs. Windows 10 Migration Tool is always a big question for those who are planning to switch from an older version of Windows to the latest one. Should you go for a clean install or use the Migration Tool in Windows 10? There are good and bad points in both cases.
- Clean Installing
A clean installation is a process of formatting a drive and installing Windows from scratch on that drive. A clean installation is recommended when installing Windows on a new hard drive, or when you want to remove everything from an existing hard drive and start over with a fresh install of Windows.
Note: It is an error-prone process, especially for computer green hands. Besides the complicated progress, all settings, installed applications, and user profiles of previous Windows 10 are gone. You need to configure everything from scratch.
- Windows 10 Migration Tool
Migration is the process of moving your files, programs, and settings from your current version of Windows to Windows 10. The Windows 10 migration tool will handle all the heavy lifting for you. All you need to do is choose what you want to keep, and the tool will take care of the rest. Migration is the recommended option for most people because it's faster and easier.
Note: It can perfectly overcome the shortcomings of a clean installation. Within several clicks, you can transfer Windows 10 and its user profile to the target disk without reinstalling it.
Does Windows 10 have a migration tool?
Yes, Windows 10 comes with a migration tool, Windows Easy Transfer, that makes it easy to transition from previous versions of the operating system. This tool is based on powerful software that scans your device and identifies the programs, files, and settings that need to be migrated.
However, Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10 and replaced by Laplink PCmover, it is not free and you need to pay about $40.
Best Windows 10 Cloning Software - EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy has been 100% capable of cloning all kinds of storage drives (HDD, SSD...) to the others on both Windows desktops and laptops. It can easily solve the problem of cloning Windows 10/11 to another PC, and it can also help you migrate/clone Windows 11 to SSD.
1. Transfer systems without re-installing
2. Full system or selected data duplication, automatic partition alignment
3. Support for both basic and dynamic disks
4. Only support Windows
How to Clone Windows 10 to Another PC
Please follow the steps below to complete the clone:
- The "Sector by sector copy" asks the size of your destination disk to be at least equal to or larger than that of the source disk. Leave this feature unchecked if you wish to clone a larger hard disk to a smaller hard disk.
- All data on the destination disk will be completely erased, so take care.
Step 1. To start copying/cloning an entire disk to another, choose this disk as the source disk under "Disk Mode" and click "Next".
Step 2. Choose the other disk as the destination disk.
A message now appears, warning you that data will be lost. Please confirm this message by clicking "OK" and then click "Next".
Step 3. Check the disk layout of the two disks. You can manage the disk layout of the destination disk by selecting "Autofit the disk", "Copy as the source" or "Edit disk layout".
- "Autofit the disk" makes some changes by default on the destination disk layout so that it can work at its best status.
- "Copy as the source"does not change anything on destination disk and the layout is the same as source disk.
- "Edit disk layout" allows you to manually resize/move partition layout on this destination disk.
Tick the "Check the option if the target is SSD" option to put your SSD in its best performance.
Step 4. Click "Proceed" to officially execute the task.
In this post, we compare the pros and cons of Clean installing and Windows 10 Migration Tool, and also give you the best clone software - EaseUS Disk Copy and how to use it. Before buying, you can also download it for free to try it out, so what are you waiting for? Get moving now.
People Also Ask
1. How to transfer Windows 10 License to a New PC?
Transferring a Windows 10 license key will require two steps:
Firstly, you will need to find out which type of license you currently have installed and then will deactivate the license on this computer.
Secondly, you will need to install the program on your PC device.
Full step guide: How to Transfer Windows 11/10 License to Another PC
2. Can I Transfer Files from PC to PC Using a USB Cable?
Yes. Connecting two computers with a specific type of USB cable allows you to transfer files or other data directly from one machine to another. The PC data transfer cable has a small electronic circuit in the middle allowing the two PCs to talk to each other.
3. How Can I Migrate Windows 11 from One PC to Another?
Migrating Windows 11 to another PC is as simple as migrating Windows 10, the step is exactly the same as it. You can just read the post above to achieve it.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7