Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
We are going to talk about Western Digital/WD disk recovery and how to recover data easily from a Western Digital hard drive with it. You can download this freeware and follow the guide below to do hard drive recovery.
About Western Digital(WD) Hard Disk Drive
With the continuous growth in digital media availability, all information must be stored somewhere. And of course, the most commonly used storage media must be the hard drive which is also the integrant part of a computer. One of the famous hard drive producers is Western Digital. As one of the largest hard drive brands, it provides high-performance hard drives. WD HDD is a non-volatile storage device that stores data on rapidly rotating platters with magnetic surfaces.
If you are using a Western Digital hard disk, data recovery knowledge is quite necessary. Data loss happens every day and everywhere.
Why Perform Western Digital (WD) Disk Recovery
Most Western Digital hard disk drive users must be troubled if they lost their data.
- Accidental deletion or format
Sometimes, it is necessary to format or delete the partition when we reinstall the operating system. But, some people would wrongly format or delete the wrong partition due to carelessness. Only to find the useful and precious data were gone after a few quick clicks.
- Other unexpected data loss situations
Far more than that, virus attack, power failure or partition corruption, and more would also cause data loss disaster.
When it comes to Western Digital disk recovery, third-party data recovery software must be the first choice. Compared to the complicated and time-consuming manual data recovery service, this choice is better.
It only takes you minutes to restore WD data. Also, it is compatible with all Western Digital hard disk drives like My Book Pro, My Book, WD Elements, My Book Studio, etc.
How to Use EaseUS Western Digital (WD) Disk Recovery Freeware
EaseUS file recovery software is designed to retrieve data from Western Digital, Samsung, and other hard disk drives easily. It enables you to do deleted recovery, format recovery, or partition recovery effectively. You can also use this freeware to retrieve data from the lost FAT16, FAT 32, NTFS, EXT2/3 partition.
Step 1. Choose the WD hard drive to scan.
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, locate the Western Digital hard drive and click "Scan". Let this program fully scan the WD hard drive and don't stop it in midway.
Step 2. Preview lost files in WD hard drive from the scan result.
After the scan, you can choose to preview files like pictures, documents, videos or audio files from the scan result in "Deleted Files", "Lost Files". "Filter" or "Search" can also help you find lost WD hard drive files via file types, names and even extensions.
Step 3. Select and restore found WD hard drive files.
Choose the wanted files you'd like to restore and click "Recover". Do not save the data to the original WD drive in case of further data overwritten.
- Western Digital encrypts the data in external USB hard drives like the"My Book" or "Passport" drives. If the USB-to-SATA interface board fails (which contains an encryption chip), then your chance of recovering the data with a simple "undelete the files" program is zero. You cannot just remove the drive from the USB box and connect it to a desktop machine with SATA cables because the data is still encrypted, even if you did not set a password. Before you take actions, make sure that your WD disk is not one of these types.
What Else EaseUS Can Do for You (Bonus Features)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard continuously gets good reviews and ratings since its release, why not download it now. It would be a must-have hard disk recovery freeware. It has these features:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations.
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely and completely.
- Recover data from the recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder.
Get this freeware and recover 2 GB data. If you have more data, upgrade to the trial version - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More