Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard crashes, hangs, freezes up, stuck
According to the tech support team of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, we've connected some common problems that you might encounter while applying EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to scan and restore lost data.
And if you are facing one of the below-listed problems, don't be panic:
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard stops working, suddenly crashes.
- 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard hangs, freezes up or stuck while scanning data.
- 3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard seems dead, no responding.
- 4. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has encountered a memory problem and needs to be closed.
In order to save your time and energy, you can directly follow solutions and tips here to fix the problems that you are having right now.
Fix EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard hangs, freezes up or stuck error
If you get stuck, EaseUS data recovery software freezes up or hangs while scanning data on your PC, don't worry. Here are what you shall do:
Method 1. Go through the right steps to restore data (scanning stuck, hangs)
Sometimes, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard indeed may go very slow while scanning a big storage device with huge data. But it's not a stuck or hanging state.
Be clear that you are going through the right data recovery process and wait patiently:
- 1. Use a genuine version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- 2. Don't pause or halt the scanning process
- 3. Take the rights steps to scan and recover data:
Step 1. Select a location and Start Scanning
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and hover over the partition where you lost data. This could be a hard disk drive, external disk, USB, or SD card. Then, click "Scan".
Step 2. Preview and Select the Files You Want to Recover
When the scan finishes, click Filter to display only the file types you want. Navigate to "Deleted Files" or "Other Lost Files" to find the files you want. Double-click a file to preview its content, if you'd like.
Step 3. Recover Lost Data
After choosing the data, click "Recover" and choose a location on another drive to save the files.
Method 2. Fix EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard hangs or dead error
- Step 1: Check if EaseUS Data Recovery hangs or dies while scanning
- 1. Check if the scanning process is working on EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- 2. Click the Pause button if the scanning process has been suspended.
- Step 2: If EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard hangs, stuck or dead, fix the error with Task Manager:
- 1. Press "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" keys to enter Task Manager.
- 2. Find DRWUI.exe or EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and check out if the Memory is changing.
- If the Memory is changing, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is working normally, not stuck or dead. All you need is just to wait.
- If the Memory shows as 0%, no changes at all, select EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and click "End Task" to fix the dead error.
- 3. Close other running applications including antivirus and firewall. This will speed up the searching.
- Step 3: Then re-launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to scan and find your lost data again.
Method 3. Troubleshoot EaseUS data recovery scan stuck, freezes up error
- Step 1: Disable RAW files that freeze EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard while scanning
- 1. Locate Config.dat file at the installation path of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- 2. Open the file with Windows Notepad, change the parameter from 1 to 0 in the line of ScanRaw.
- Step 2: Clean virus and replace devices which contains bad sectors that freeze EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- Step 3: Relaunch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and re-scan device to find lost data.
Tips to Avoid EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard crashes, stop working error
Here are some practical tips that you can follow to avoid EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard stuck, hangs or freeze error. It will also guarantee you a smooth, fast and secure data recovery process on your PC, hard drive, external hard drive, USB, SD card, etc. storage devices:
1. Stop using cracked EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, choose the genuine version
If you used the cracked or non-official version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, it's inevitable for you to face software crash or not working issue while restoring lost data.
Cracked installing packages or unauthorized activation code may cause serious software crash, data loss or even system failure error.
Therefore, your very first step is to give up cracked EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and install an official version:
2. Clean up virus, remove malware
Bad sectors and virus or malware may stop you from using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. The scanning process may even suspend, misleading you to believe that this data recovery software is dead or gets stuck.
So you should use virus cleaner software to clean up all virus, malware regularly and upgrade devices which contain bad sectors to a secure device.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More