Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Before checking the solutions, see the basic info of PNG format and reasons for "PNG won't open in Windows 10".
What are PNG Files
PNG, a Portable Network Graphics file, aims to replace GIF and TIFF file format. Typically, it will apply to Java programs, web pages, and more. The picture compression ratio is high, and the file size is small.
How to Open and Convert PNG Files
Double-click the photo is the common way to open files. The frequently used photo app is Windows Photo Viewer (Built-in), IrfanView, and more. Also, if you use another photos viewer, you can right-click photos, choose “Open with” to run another photo checker.
PNG file converter:
Paint app - Put your photo on the app and click File > Save as to choose PNG File format.
PicPick - Drag the file to app and click File > Save as to click PNG file format.
Why PNG Files Not Open in Windows 10
- Your Windows Photo Viewer is out of date.
- Your Windows Photo Viewer needs to be repair or reset.
- Your PNG file is corrupted.
- Your PNG file is encrypted.
- Your default photo viewer needs to be replaced.
If you encounter any of the scenarios like what I listed, you can try the following methods to get them back.
Not only can a Photo viewer let you fail to launch your image, but your image might also have been damaged. We'll show the best approach to take in different "open .png file" situations.
1. Repair/Reset Your Windows Photo Viewer
2. Use PNG File Repair Tool to Repair Damaged PNG File (Recommended)
3. Turn Off Photo Encryption
4. Update your Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10/7
5. Convert PNG to another format or Replace PNG Viewer
Your preference will be simply wiped out.
- Click Settings.
- Choose Apps, then click Apps & features.
- Type Windows Photo Viewer in the search box.
- Click Windows Photo Viewer and click Advanced options.
- Move to Windows Photo Viewer Page, slide your mouse to the Reset part.
- Choose Repair.
- Or Windows Photo Viewer still doesn't work correctly. Click Reset.
If you can not open what you want via repair or reset your default photo viewer, perhaps the most reliable method of opening a .png file is to use professional image recovery software. One such robust tool is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Free which makes it fortune in the high recovery rate and simple steps.
- Recover 2GB for FREE.
- Support numerous file types, involving these categories like documents, graphics, video, audio, email, etc.
- Support Windows & Mac Version.
Join us and apply the quick steps outlined:
Step 1. Select a location
Choose the correct drive which contains the corrupted photos, which can be a removable disk or a local drive. Click "Scan."
Step 2. Scan the corrupted files
EaseUS data recovery software will run immediately to scan all over the selected drive to find lost and corrupted files as many as possible. Click "Filter" on the top right to find damaged photos quickly.
Step 3. Recover corrupted images
Double-click on a file and preview the file quality. After repairing, click "Recover" and choose a different location to save the recovered pictures.
PDF won't open? Some factors might lead to PDF files not opening error that hassles your daily work or study. What if you have such a trouble PDF file? Check for reliable solutions to fix it.
Maybe things go easier as your PNG image is encrypted. If these methods are useless for you. It is possible that you need to change your file setting.
- Right-click PNG and choose Properties on the menu.
- Then the Properties page pops up.
- Choose the General option, and click Advanced... on the bottom right corner.
- Under the Compress or Encrypt attributes option, uncheck Encrypt contents to secure data.
- Click on Windows Start > Choose Settings icon > Click Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update, and choose to Check for updates.
- Check the little box next to the Windows Photo, then choose Install Updates.
After the update is completed, try to open the PNG file. If it does not work, restart the system.
It looks like your default app may not support the file format. In such a scenario, we recommend you convert PNG to another file format by online file converter or change photo viewer software.
These 5 methods of how to open PNG file is not going to be suitable for everyone in different scenarios. It is important to note that the reliable method is to run the free PNG repair tool as we listed above.
All of the method outlined here is available to open your PNG files in Windows 10. But it is the robust data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery for free can give you the great chance to fix your PNG file and open it again.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More