The DCIM folder is showing empty
"Does anyone know how to make the DCIM empty folder to show photos and videos again on Windows PC, Android or iPhone? I have a problem that the DCIM folder on my Android phone doesn’t show any photos or videos on the phone.
I connected my phone to my computer, but still, the DCIM folder is showing as empty. Do I still have a chance to restore the saved photos and videos from the DCIM folder which is showing as empty?"
Deleting DCIM folder or DCIM folder recovery is no longer a new problem to most ordinary users. Does anyone know how to restore the DCIM folder files when it shows as empty on the phone and PC? If you are having such a problem, don’t worry and follow the methods provided below to restore your empty DCIM folder photos and videos.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Troubleshoot on PC||
|Fix 2. Recover on iPhone||Make the DCIM folder detectable. Then, recover the empty DCIM folder with data recovery software...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Restore on Android phone||Use Android data recovery software to restore DCIM folder with all files if the DCIM folder shows empty...Full steps|
Part 1. Fix Camera/SD/Memory Card DCIM folder shows empty on PC error
If the DCIM folder shows empty on your camera memory card or cell phone SD card and your PC still detects nothing, don’t worry. You may directly try the below two methods to find and restore files on the empty DCIM folder:
Method 1. Show hidden files in Camera/SD card DCIM folder on PC
Sometimes, when the DCIM folder shows empty, you may try a cmd command to show hidden files in the folder with below tips:
1. Plug in your memory card to your PC.
2. Type "cmd" in the search bar, hit enter and then you can see something named "cmd. exe" under a list of programs.
3. Right-click "cmd. exe" and then you will get the command windows that allows you to recover hidden files.
4. Type in "attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*", for example, "attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*". (Replace G: with the drive letter of your SD card.)
Then you should be able to view and see files in the DCIM folder by then.
Method 2. Restore missing photos/videos from empty DCIM folder on SD/memory card
If you prefer a more straightforward way, EaseUS file recovery software can help you out. This professional data recovery tool can help you do the following things:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations.
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely and completely.
- Recover data from the recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder.
You may directly apply this tool to restore up photos, videos and other files from your DCIM folder on the camera or Android phone memory card within 3 simple steps:
Step 1. Choose the location where data loss happened, be it a hard disk drive, external disk, USB, or SD card, then click "Scan".
Step 2. You can click Filter to display only the file types you want while scanning. Go to "Deleted Files" or "Other Lost Files", find the files you want.
Step 3. After choosing the data, click "Recover" and choose a location on another drive to save the files.
Part 2. Fix iPhone DCIM folder shows empty error
Generally, you can connect your iPhone to a computer and copy the DCIM folder after the iPhone storage is showing up. However, If the iPhone screen was locked while you plug it into your computer, the DCIM folder that typically contains all the pictures on your camera roll will be empty. Here's how to make the empty DCIM folder image files invisible.
Step 1. Make DCIM folder detectable
1. Plug iPhone into your PC to see if the computer can detect the iPhone storage or not.
2. If not, unplug your iPhone and unlock your iPhone screen.
3. Plug the iPhone into your PC via another new USB port again to make the DCIM folder detectable.
Step 2. Recover empty DCIM folder on iPhone with all saved photos, images, and videos
After making DCIM detectable by your computer, you can recover the empty DCIM folder with all data back now.
Part 3. Restore empty DCIM folder on Android phone
Restore DCIM folder which shows empty on the Android phone
If the DCIM folder shows empty on your Android phone and if it is saved on the Android internal storage, the best way to restore DCIM folder with all files on your Android phone is to apply the best Android data recovery software for help.
It allows you to read and access all saved, deleted and even hidden files on the Android phone. You can directly access the DCIM folder and find all lost photos, images, and videos, etc. files from your Android phone.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes