Complete Guide: Windows 11 File Sharing Without HomeGroup
The HomeGroup functionality on Windows is no longer available, and that can be one of the serious concerns you would experience on your device. But, of course, the feature was removed on Windows itself, and the method is no longer available for sharing files on Windows 11. With no HomeGroup on Windows 11, finding and understanding how to share the files easily may be interesting.
1. Share Files on Windows 11 Without HomeGroup via EaseUS Todo PCTrans
2. Transfer Files on Windows 11 with a USB Flash Drive
3. Use the Share Feature to Transfer Files on Windows 11 Without HomeGroup
4. Share Files on Windows 11 with OneDrive
What is HomeGroup?
The HomeGroup feature on Windows was one of the excellent options for sharing your files and resources with other Windows computers. You simply needed a small network, such as a Home or Office network, to easily share the files and other data between the two computers.
However, the feature was removed from the Windows 10 version 1803. You would not find the HomeGroup on Windows 11 as well. The HomeGroup functionality is no longer available on File Explorer, Control Panel, or even the Troubleshoot section on your computer.
Let us check out the best options that can help access an easy file sharing functionality without HomeGroup. But, first, let us check out each of the methods used for Windows 11 file sharing without HomeGroup and find which works great enough.
How to transfer files on Windows 11 without HomeGroup?
Well, several options can prove to be one of the excellent features in getting access to a great degree of performance in how to transfer files without HomeGroup. In addition, this can be one of the excellent options to help you in the scenario where HomeGroup not showing up on Windows 11.
In the absence of the HomeGroup feature on Windows 11, it is advisable to go with the option of using standalone software for your needs. EaseUS Todo PCTrans can be one of the excellent options from this point of view.
The EaseUS Todo PCTrans can be your one-stop solution for helping you migrate practically everything from or to your Windows 10 device. It can be one of the excellent options for providing you access to transferring your data that includes data, applications, and accounts between computers. You can easily migrate all your files from your old Windows 10 PC with ease and simplicity.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both old and new computers. Click the "PC to PC" on the main screen to continue.
Step 2. Choose the right transfer direction.
"New": Transfer data from old PC to current new PC.
"Old": Transfer data from current old PC to remote PC.
Step 3. Connect the two PCs on the same LAN by entering the password or verification code of the target PC. Choose the right transmission direction and click "Connect" to continue.
The verification code is on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target computer. Turn on button behind Connection Verification.
Step 4. Go to "Files" section, select the individual files you need to move.
Step 5. And, click the "Transfer" button to begin the data migration. Wait for the transferring finishes. The time of the process varies based on the size of the files.
Salient features offered by the EaseUS Todo PCTrans:
- Secure Movement of your Files – The tool can be an excellent option for transferring your files between devices. It can also be a great option to help you transfer the files without any issues and hassles.
- Ability to Transfer the Files with Ease – You can easily transfer your files such as applications, files, settings, and even user profiles. The software can help transfer the most common applications and programs that would include Photoshop, Adobe software, AutoCAD, and Dropbox.
- Quicker and Automatic Transfer – The quicker data transfer will ensure that your new PC is ready within a few instants. It can be the simplest option to get a new computer.
The transfer cable can be one of the excellent options for most of the perfect options for practically all the requirements you may have. The copy and paste options through the USB cable can be one of the exciting options. Without the need for any data transfer software, you can go with the best file transfer in a one-to-one functionality.
The transfer cable can be one of the excellent options for providing you a fair degree of performance. You would find that the copy-paste functionality through a transfer cable from the computer to the computer can prove to be one of the most excellent choices ever. There are several great options you would find much impressive in an easy-to-use method for other Windows computers. The USB C to USB C data transfer can prove to be one of the excellent choices that you can opt for.
The steps involved are much easy and simple. Check out the following tutorial:
- Connect the flash drive into a USB port to the old PC.
- Copy and paste the files and data that you want to share to the Windows 11 PC.
- Disconnect the drive from the old PC
- Then, connect it to your new Windows 11 PC.
- Copy the files from a flash drive and paste them on your new PC.
The Network Discovery and File sharing feature should be one of the excellent options for getting access to a great degree of experience. There are several great options for sharing your folders on Windows 10 and 11 easily. In the absence of HomeGroup on Windows 11, the Share option should be something you would find much impressive.
The steps involved include –
First, You need to go Windows Service tab
- Turn on the option for Network Discovery and File sharing.
- Then, on your Windows 11, you can simply search for Advanced Sharing Options on the Windows Search. You can then turn on the Network Discovery and File Sharing for different profiles.
- The feature on Windows 11 can only be accessed through Windows Search. However, on your Windows 10 device, you can get access to compatibility through other options such as Control Panel.
- Right-click on the folder that you want to share and choose Properties.
- Then, on the Sharing tab, click on the Share button.
- Next, choose the people you want to share, from the drop-down menu.
- Then, Click on Share and Done. Your folder is shared successfully.
If you are stuck with a scenario where there is no HomeGroup on Windows 11, using cloud-based services can be an excellent choice to provide you with a very high degree of efficiency. Coming from Microsoft itself, OneDrive should be one of the excellent choices for providing a perfect experience in sharing files on Windows 11.
The steps should be one of the excellent options for your needs-
- Install and set up OneDrive on your old PC. If you have not already configured it, make sure that you have signed in with your account.
- Upload the files from your old PC onto OneDrive. You can upload all the files that you want to transfer to the new Windows 11 PC.
- Install and set up OneDrive on your new Windows PC. Make sure that you have signed in to the service with the same Microsoft account as on the old PC
- Download the requisite files from OneDrive onto your new PC.
Cloud storage services can be a great option for transferring files because of the ease of transferring larger files and unlimited upload or download capabilities.
The Concluding Thoughts
Discontinuation of HomeGroup can prove to be one of the most annoying things that might have happened to Windows 11. However, despite the lack of HomeGroup, it may be quite interesting to notice that several options can prove to be good enough in letting you transfer files on Windows 11.
The different modes of transfer available and outlined above can indeed prove to be a great option in the long run. The PC to PC transfer modes featured in this compilation can prove to be a great option for almost all the expectations here.
Of all the options available for transferring your files across Windows 11, the best that we would find quite interesting is EaseUS Todo PCTrans software. It can be what would provide you with a huge degree of experience. We would want you to go with the enhanced degree of experience in getting access to enhanced options ever.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More
About EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans can transfer settings, applications and data between PCs and HDDs. Your all-round PC transfer and migrate software to upgrade devices without re-installation.