Page Table of Contents
Games help us escape life's stresses or kill a bit extra time. Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studio. In Minecraft, players can create their world by choosing survival mode and creative mode. The fascinating feature for players is exploring a resource-rich 3D world with infinite terrain, discovering the raw materials and tools, and creating their building.
However, how to transfer Minecraft Worlds to another computer? Here is a case from Reddit:
"I need to buy a new laptop right away because my current one is starting to die for me. But I'm still very attached to all my Minecraft worlds on the old computer lol. Is there any way to transfer Minecraft World from one laptop to another? Thank you!"
To help you transfer Minecraft Worlds from PC to PC, this article will introduce two effective methods. If you are an enthusiast of Minecraft and are looking for a method to transfer Minecraft world from PC to PC, we recommend the fastest transfer tool - EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
Here is a basic information table that compares the two ways in several areas:
|Transfer Minecraft Worlds from PC to PC
|Computer, EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans migrates allows users to move Minecraft Worlds from one computer to another. The safe transfer tool allows you to transfer games to a new computer with account data. You can use the "PC to PC" feature of EaseUS Todo PCTrans to transfer Minecraft to another computer under the same network. This feature makes the fastest speed to migrate what you need, which can move Minecraft Launcher, a game archive directory. It also supports custom game directory migration.
If you don't have a network, you can also use Backup and Restore to create an image file. The following guide shows the PC to PC mode.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans
- Transfer to a new PC: Steam, Origin, LOL, Blizzard.
- Transfer to a new drive: DIABLO, WORLD OF WARCRAFT,
OVERWATCH, HEARTHSTONE, HEROES OF THE STORM, etc.
- 3 steps to migrate games apps to a new pc or a new drive.
How to transfer Minecraft worlds in Windows 10
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
Download EaseUS Todo PCTrans and you will be in the PC to PC interface.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"This is New PC" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"This is Old PC" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
After completing the Minecraft game transfer, you can open it on the new computer and check your saves folder.
- Don’t forget to transfer the Minecraft Launcher at the same time.
Did the first method help you with how to play the same Minecraft world on different computers? The Minecraft official website also notes how to transfer Minecraft Worlds. This method needs you to save the game files to a flash drive or external hard drive. If you tend to move the saves folder, you’d better back up all files in this folder.
How to copy Minecraft worlds to another PC (Set Minecraft Java edition as an example)
Step 1. Start up the Minecraft launcher and log in.
- Click the "Launch options" and then choose the launcher configuration you are running.
- Move to the "Game directory" selection, and select the little green arrow on the right side.
3. Then, you will see a window containing your Minecraft folder. All your saved worlds are in the "saves folder."
Step 2. Export the world folders that you want to transfer to a flash drive or external hard drive.
Step 3. Re-download Minecraft on the new computer, and import the world folder to the new computer's saves folder.
Share this passage on your social media platforms to help other gamers who want to transfer Minecraft from one PC to another:
Can you transfer Minecraft from one PC to another? In this guide, we have introduced two workable ways, including the most straightforward tool - EaseUS Todo PCTrans to move the game to a new PC and the manual way by copying and pasting game files. Both of them can enable you to transfer Minecraft Worlds from PC to PC, but EaseUS Todo PCTrans is simpler and more effective, making you carefree during the transfer procedure. Try it today!
FAQs of How to Transfer Minecraft Worlds from PC to PC
This section includes some frequently asked questions and their associated responses in case you have any extra inquiries concerning how to transfer Minecraft Worlds from PC to PC.
1. How to transfer Minecraft Worlds from Nintendo Switch to PC?
You can transfer Minecraft Worlds from Nintendo Switch to PC using Realms:
- For the first device, click the pen icon and click "Replace World" to confirm.
- Select the world you want to transfer and wait for the upload. Click "Let's go!" to end.
- For the second device, Open Minecraft and click the pen icon to click "Download World."
2. How do you transfer Minecraft Worlds to the Java edition?
Due to its simple interface, some users might want to convert Minecraft Worlds into a Jave edition. Here is how to do it with the Chunker converter:
Step 1. Enter the Chunker conversion website, press "Upload archive," then select your exported .mcworld file.
Step 2. Click the "Start Upload" option to proceed.
Step 3. Select the Java Edition version you want to use and press the "Convert & Download" option to download the world .zip file.
3. How do you transfer Minecraft World to an external hard drive?
Before installation, you need to ensure that your Windows is the latest 10 or 11 and that your external hard drive is formatted to NTFS. Then follow the steps below to install Minecraft Worlds on your external hard drive:
- Connect the external drive to your PC and create a new folder on it named XboxGames.
- Navigate to the Xbox App and install the Minecraft game by clicking the install button.
- Select the XboxGames folder under the target external drive as a location.
About the Author
Sherly joined EaseUS in 2022 and she has always loved writing articles and enjoys the fun they bring. She receives professional training here, focusing on product performance and other relative knowledge. She has written over 200 articles to help people overcome computing issues.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More