A disk boot failure is a significant issue that prevents Windows 10 from loading correctly. When Windows does not boot, you may encounter a black or blue screen displaying an error message or code. So, this is where the Windows 10 boot repair tool or software comes in. It deals with boot issues and solves them with a few mouse clicks.
According to EaseUS's Hard Drive Data Report, 28% of people use a hard drive, which requires extra attention to the state of health of the drive. 72% of people use more than two hard disks, which facilitates them to come and create bootable disks for repair in case of system errors. EaseUS Software summarizes the eight best Windows 10 boot repair tools based on users' needs. Hope you can find the right one from them!
In this section, you can choose a boot repair tool that meets user needs and provides additional functionality, supported devices and systems, complexity, etc. Follow the reviews of several boot repair tools below to get the most suitable Windows 10 repair tool for your unbootable PC.
|Boot Repair Tool||Price||Supported OS||Why Choose It|
|EaseUS Partition Master||Free with option to upgrade||Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista||
|Built-in Startup Repair||Free||All Windows sytems||
|Windows Installation Media||Free||All Windows systems||
|Paragon Hard Disk Manager||
Home version costs $80
Business version costs $99
|BOOTREC Command Line||Free||Windows 10/7/8/Vista||
|Ultimate Boot CD||Free but you need to pay for the CD for $4.49||DOS/Windows/Linux/BeOS||
|Hiren Boot CD||Free||It based on Windows 10 PE x64.||
|EasyBCD||Commercial $39.99||Windows 10/7/8/Vista||
Among all the repair tools, I highly recommend using EaseUS Partition Master as one of your must-have tools. It offers a more comprehensive repair program and it is suitable for all levels of Windows users to apply and try. If you found the overview of these Windows boot repair tools helpful, please share it with your friends online to help more people find the easiest and best boot repair tool.
This section will elaborate on some of the best, carefully curated Windows 10 boot repair tools by considering their features, advantages and disadvantages, repair success rate, product safety, and many other factors. Given below are the best Windows 10 Boot Repair Tools:
EaseUS Partition Master is a versatile disk management tool. It is dedicated to solving all hard disk related problems, including hard disk corruption, hard disk conversion and other problems. It assists you with any issues relating to the master boot code problem. It provides the "Rebuild MBR" and "Boot Repair" option to create a WinPE bootable disk and fix the errors.
Features of EaseUS Partition Master:
- The software's algorithms have been extensively tested and researched to solve all types of startup problems.
- It fixes all types of white screen, blue screen, black screen, yellow screen and other Windows code errors.
- It provides additional features to solve Windows related issues like reset Windows 10 password, remove hard drive write protection, optimize SSD.
- It provides 24x7 hours human service with experts to solve any problem related to startup.
Download EaseUS Partition Master:
- User-friendly interface that even computer amateurs can understand.
- It enables you to see a preview of changes before executing them.
- Includes multiple helpful operations.
- Provides lot of advanced features.
- No Linux version support
- Some features are available in the pro version
🧑💻Review from LifeWire: EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is incredibly simple to use, one of many reasons you should consider it when looking for an excellent free disk partitioning tool.
✍️Personal thought：The tool's user interface (UI) is self-explanatory and provides an impressive, intuitive interface for common users unfamiliar with boot/dos mode partitioning. Specialized algorithms increase the success rate of repair.
EaseUS Partition Master is a complete hard disk management feature set that provides a powerful boot correction solution to better protect your computer's health!
If Windows 11/10 does not boot or start up, Automatic Repair—previously known as Startup Repair—will launch and attempt to identify and resolve the problem. It will attempt an automatic fix by scanning system files, Registry settings, and configuration settings.
Features of Built-in Startup Repair:
- Checks and replaces a PC's missing or damaged system files
- Automatically fixes issues on a PC
- Immediately fixes issues when Windows fails to start up correctly
- Safe to use
- Will not delete files during repair
- It takes only 15-45 minutes to finish repairing
- Cannot detect hardware failures
- It cannot save your PC from virus attacks and from the harm they inflict
🧑💻Review from Laptop Mag: The Windows Startup Repair Tool is a handy feature in Windows 10. If Windows is not booting up correctly or experiencing other issues that indicate corruption in your system, the Windows Startup Repair Tool can fix the issues.
✍️Personal thought： As a built-in startup tool created by Microsoft, this program is secure and valuable when Windows does not boot properly.
Using the Windows Installation Media, you can fix the Windows boot problems. It functions as a bootable installation USB device or DVD that you can use to perform a clean installation of Windows OS, such as installing Windows 10 on M.2 SSD.
Features of Windows Installation Media:
- Upgrades Windows PC to its latest version
- Performs clean installation of Windows
- Selection of different versions of Windows to create your installation media
- You can use a USB, DVD, or any external drive
Download the Windows Installation Media tool: www.microsoft.com/software-download/
- You can boot the computer without a hard drive.
- If your hard disk is harmed, corrupted, or infected, this method helps install, repair, or restore your system.
- The installation process may slow down while using a USB device
- If the data on your PC is not backed up before installation, you will lose data.
🧑💻Review from Techradar: Its sole purpose is to prepare installations of the latest version to upgrade your current PC or build a USB flash drive to perform a clean install of Windows 10.
✍️Personal thought： This method is appropriate if you want a secure and straightforward approach to installing Windows 10 and 11. Ensure you follow the step-by-step instructions when creating the installation media to avoid problems.
Further Reading: How to Apply Windows 10 Boot Repair
This software allows you to repair drive letters in the system registry of a selected Windows installation, repair boot.ini problems, recover BCD files from partitions, repair boot records, and change serial numbers or disk IDs. It can primarily repair the MBR, reorganize partitions, and save a boot repair report for easy troubleshooting.
Features of Paragon Hard Disk Manager:
- Create Microsoft Windows PE and Linux recovery media.
- Clone an already-built Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) to another media along with drivers.
Download Paragon Hard Disk Manager: www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-windows/
- Efficient interface with an intuitive design that makes it simple to access any of these choices in the tool.
- The software automatically creates a log for each change made to prevent information loss after performing any activity.
- It can be used on Windows only
- The time taken for backup is slow
- No free tier
🧑💻Review from PCMag: Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 is the app I use all the time to manage my hard disks, and, except for one or two minor inconveniences, it always gets the job done with a minimum of anxiety and fuss.
✍️Personal thought：Almost any logistical operation can be configured and calibrated with the software, which operates consistently and makes it a reliable boot repair tool.
The bootrec command line is a Windows Recovery Environment command used to fix crucial disk structures. It is designed to identify boot issues in the Windows Recovery Environment. It repairs the following damaged parts:
- Fix Boot sector
- Rebuild Master Boot Record (BCD)
- Boot Configuration; Data Store (BCD)
It supports Microsoft operating system recovery environments on Windows 11, 10, and 8.
Features of BOOTREC command line:
- Uses a master boot record compatible with Windows to write the master boot record of the system partition.
- Use the boot sector compatible with Windows to write a fresh boot sector to the system partition.
- It fixes commonly corrupted elements like the boot sector, boot configuration data store (BCD), and master boot record.
- It does not affect your PC's files or folders during repair.
- Not available from within running Windows.
🧑💻Review from Digital Citizen: It can help you troubleshoot and repair things like the EFI Bootloader, master boot record (MBR), the boot sector, or the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.
✍️Personal thought：The Bootrec.exe to help users troubleshoot problems in the Windows Recovery Environment. So, this tool is perfect if you want to fix common issues like the Boot sector, boot configuration data store (BCD), and master boot record.
Further Reading: Running [Bootrec /fixboot] Returned Error 'Access is denied'
The Ultimate Boot CD is a free bootable recovery CD that helps to repair and troubleshoot a computer that will not boot. It has tools for performing diagnostic tests on the CPU, RAM, hard drive, video card, and other hardware. It assists you in troubleshooting and reclaiming your damaged computer.
Features of Ultimate Boot CD:
- It gives some excellent diagnostic tools and builds a bootable ISO on a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
- It can speedily conduct floppy-based diagnostics from CD-ROM or USB devices, as floppy disks are obsolete.
- It establishes a virtual instance of the floppy, all wrapped up in a BIOS-like user interface.
Download Ultimate Boot CD: softradar.com/ultimate-boot-cd-ubcd/download/
- Solves almost any issue with Windows startup
- It contains other software contents like good antivirus and antispyware, file managers, network programs, and other practical tools.
- Flexible as users can add or delete tools as desired
- Free to use as there are no extra fees or subscriptions
- Not recommended for users with little computer expertise
- Only diagnoses problems and does not repair the operating system
- It does not support more modern systems and hardware
🧑💻Review from PCWorld: To be clear on what UBCD isn't–it's not a suite of fancy utilities with a menu structure and many help screens. The disk is a collection of bootable disk images, all stored on a bootable CD. Boot the CD, then choose a disk image.
✍️Personal thought： You can use the Ultimate Boot CD on a computer without a floppy drive. UBCD can also be run from USB for systems lacking optical drives.
The Hiren's BootCD PE (Pre-Installation Environment) offers users various tools to help troubleshoot and repair their computers. It offers every tool needed to get your computer working again. Using this method to fix your Windows 10/11 booting issues, you can access a Windows-like visual environment that will coexist with your damaged Windows installation.
Features of Hiren Boot CD:
- It is made for modern workstations, enabling UEFI compatibility and a minimum of 2 GB RAM.
- After installation, its pre-installation environment configures the sound, wireless, Ethernet, and graphics card drivers for your unique hardware configuration.
- It can boot from DVDs and USB flash devices using UEFI.
Download the Hiren Boot CD: softradar.com/hirens-bootcd-pe/download/
- Fully stocked with devices for system recovery, both diagnostic and repair
- Supports the PE version of Windows 10, making it highly updated
- Access to a network and the internet for online diagnostics
- Unregular updates cause a decrease in compatibility over time
- Beginners can get confused by a complex UI
- Considerable technical expertise is necessary for full utility
🧑💻Review from MUO: Hiren's Boot CD is an all-in-one bootable rescue disc solution that contains a load of useful Windows repair tools you'll want to have when you can no longer boot into your PC.
✍️Personal thought： The 2022 version is better than the 2021 version. It has antivirus tools, backup tools, and much more.
EasyBCD is a boot repair solution if you have Windows boot issues. It enables you to accomplish many things, such as making a bootable USB stick with repair tools, boot from and into USB drives, ISO images, virtual disks, and more. It also enables you to edit the Windows bootloader and repair the bootloader.
Features of EasyBCD:
- Boot from and into various media, including virtual disks, ISO images, and USB devices in BSD, Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Use repair tools to create bootable USB drives that you can carry with you wherever you go
- Use EasyBCD to fix the bootloader, debug Windows, and more.
Download EasyBCD: softradar.com/easybcd/download/
- Supports several operating systems and allows boot menu customization
- It comes with a user-friendly UI for easy navigation
- Supports a variety of operating systems
- It can be complex for those who are not tech-savvy
- Installation requires administrative rights
- Saving configurations occasionally fails
🧑💻Review from TechSpot: EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes
✍️Personal thought： EasyBCD is recognized as a safe utility tool that warns you when your computer is dual-booting and fixes the Windows BCD bootloader. Additionally, you can use this software to back up essential entries.
Now, you should choose the most suitable Windows 10 boot repair disk. All these tools are very easy to use and have several useful features. If you have a favorite software, you can click the social sharing buttons below to help more people!
Windows 10/11 boot repair solutions can be pretty handy for PC users with the unfortunate experience of running into troubles with their PCs. This is where the boot repair tool or software concentrates just on boot issues and solves them with a few mouse clicks. These tools often include a simple installer package and a user interface that is easy to use. We summarized top 8 useful boot repari tools in this guide, which one is best?
- If you're looking for a full-featured solution and a tool to resolve the Windows 10 won't boot issue - choose EaseUS Partition Master.
- If you want a tool that is simple and free to use - Ultimate Boot CD, Hiren Boot CD, and EasyBCD are 100% free to use online tools.
- If you are familiar with the command line and its system operations within Windows, you can choose Windows' built-in tools - Startup Repair, Windows Installation Media, and the BOOTREC Command Line tosolve the boot repair issues on your pC.
No matter which tool you choose, I hope this helps you find an appropriate boot repair tool to fix your damaged PC.
FAQs About Windows 10 Boot Repair Tool
Do you have more questions regarding Windows boot repair tools? Check out the frequently asked questions and their answers given below:
1. How do I fix a corrupted boot of Windows 10?
You can fix a corrupted boot of Windows 10 via the Startup Repair Tool. Here is how:
Step 1. Open the Windows installation media on your computer to begin the installation process.
Step 2. Choose Next > Repair your computer on the Install Windows screen. Make the Troubleshoot selection on the Choose an option screen.
Step 3. Select "Startup Repair" from the Advanced options menu.
Step 4. Select Shutdown after Startup Repair, then restart your computer to check if Windows can boot properly.
To assist you in understanding the startup issues and the fixes made, the Startup Repair utility creates a log file. The log file is located in the following place:
2. How do you repair Windows 10 boot without a CD?
You can reset your PC to repair Windows 10 without a CD. Here is how:
Step 1. Open Settings and navigate to System > Recovery.
Step 2. Under the Recovery option, click "Reset this PC" to begin the process. Make sure to back up your data and files on your PC before the process.
3. Why can't startup repair my PC?
The Automatic Startup Repair may not work due to outdated drivers, wrong BIOS settings, or incompatible programs. Your PC may not have enough RAM or space to install the latest Windows updates or fixes. This may be some causes why the startup cannot repair your PC.
How Can We Help You
About the Author
Updated by Oliver
Oliver is an EaseUS professional writer who dares explore new areas. With a passion for solving tech issues with straightforward guides for common users, Oliver keeps honing his writing craft by developing in-depth solutions for disk and partition management, computer boot-up issues, file transfer, etc.
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
I love that the changes you make with EaseUS Partition Master Free aren't immediately applied to the disks. It makes it way easier to play out what will happen after you've made all the changes. I also think the overall look and feel of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you're doing with your computer's partitions easy. Read More
Partition Master Free can Resize, Move, Merge, Migrate, and Copy disks or partitions; convert to local, change label, defragment, check and explore partition; and much more. A premium upgrade adds free tech support and the ability to resize dynamic volumes. Read More
It won't hot image your drives or align them, but since it's coupled with a partition manager, it allows you do perform many tasks at once, instead of just cloning drives. You can move partitions around, resize them, defragment, and more, along with the other tools you'd expect from a cloning tool. Read More