5 Methods to Improve and Speed up Dell Laptop/PC on Windows 10/8/7
According to the Dell forum, Microsoft community and many other geek forums, it seems that computers or laptops get slow down after using for a long period has become a typical issue among most ordinary users. And a big number of these users neither know what's going with their PCs nor how to fix this issue. And this problem also has happened to many Dell users.
So how to fix this issue and speed up the Dell computers? Here in the below, you'll find five reliable methods connected by EaseUS software, and you can directly follow the tips below to fix Dell slow performance issues on your own now:
Method 1. Disable Unnecessary Programs/Software from Startup
As we all know, if you've enabled many programs to boot from the Startup, your computer will inevitably become slow. So you can try the next tips to disable unnecessary or useless programs and software from the Dell Startup:
1. Press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" at the same time and click Task Manager from the pop-up window.
2. Enter Task Manager and go to the "Startup" tab.
3. Select unnecessary or useless programs or software and click "Disable".
Then you'll be able to remove useless programs from the Startup and get a faster booting speed on your Dell computer.
Method 2. Repair bad sectors on Dell
If the computer hard drive gets bad sectors, it will undoubtedly influence the PC performance. So the next way you can try is to repair bad sectors on your Windows PC.
Here you may refer to repair bad sectors on the hard drive with the help of professional partition manager software to get rid of this issue on your Dell (Inspiron etc.) laptops or computers. Before you take action, you need to run EaseUS Partition Master to check your disk.
Step 1. Right-click the target partition that has a problem.
Step 2. Choose "Advanced" > "Check File System".
Step 3. In the Check File System window, check the "Try to fix errors if found" option.
Step 4. Click "Start" to check errors on your partition.
Method 3. Free up disk space on Dell Laptop/PC
The other way that you need is to clean up and free up disk space on your Dell Inspiron or another version of laptop/PCs.
EaseUS CleanGenius supports you to simply free up disk space and clean useless files on Windows 10/8/7.
Step 1. DOWNLOAD and install EaseUS CleanGenius on your Windows computer. On the home screen, navigate to "Cleanup" and click "Scan" to start cleaning up the system and make your PC as good as new.
Step 2. The software will start scanning all over your computer to find idle data files that take a huge amount of disk space, including useless large files, junk files and Windows invalid entries. This process won't take long.
Step 3. When the scan is complete, you can choose unwanted files among the scan results, which are put in categories of Junk Cleanup, Registry Cleanup and Plug-in Cleanup. After the selection is done, click "Clean".
Method 4. Update BIOS and Device Drivers on Dell
1. Right-click on Start and select "Device Manager".
2. Expand categories to find the name of your hard drive on Device Manager and right-click on your drive.
3. Select Update Driver and click "Search automatically for updated driver software".
4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver for your drive, find the latest one on the device manufacturer's website.
5. If the above steps don't work, try re-installing the drivers: Open Device Manager and right-click on your hard drive and select "Uninstall".
6. Finally, restart your Dell PC and Windows will automatically re-install the drivers on the hard drive for you.
With this, your computer will get a faster speed while running on the hard drive and working with programs.
Method 5. Optimize Windows Performance on Dell Laptop/PC
The last method you may try is to improve and optimize the Windows Performance on your Dell laptop/PC, which is highly essential.
Here are the tips that you can just follow to do the job now:
- 1. Press the "Windows + R" keys to bring up the Run dialog.
- 2. Sign in as an Administrator and type: sysdm.cpl, then hit Enter.
- 3. Go to the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under Performance section.
- 4. On the "Visual Effects" tab, select "Adjust for best performance".
- Selecting Adjust for best performance will disable all visual effects.
- You can choose"Custom and manually" to check or uncheck the visual effects based on your preferences.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
I love that the changes you make with EaseUS Partition Master Free aren't immediately applied to the disks. It makes it way easier to play out what will happen after you've made all the changes. I also think the overall look and feel of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you're doing with your computer's partitions easy. Read More
Partition Master Free can Resize, Move, Merge, Migrate, and Copy disks or partitions; convert to local, change label, defragment, check and explore partition; and much more. A premium upgrade adds free tech support and the ability to resize dynamic volumes. Read More
It won't hot image your drives or align them, but since it's coupled with a partition manager, it allows you do perform many tasks at once, instead of just cloning drives. You can move partitions around, resize them, defragment, and more, along with the other tools you'd expect from a cloning tool. Read More
About EaseUS Partition Master
All-round disk & partition management software for personal and commercial use. Let it manage your storage drive: resize, format, delete, clone, convert, etc.
How to Partititon a Hard Drive on Windows 10/8/7
Was This Page Helpful
How Can We Help You
Find answers to common questions below.