If you have accidentally deleted a folder or email in Gmail within 30 days or after 30 days, you can try the practical solutions to recover deleted emails from Gmail, even the permanently deleted ones. Besides, if you lost a locally saved email file saved on your computer, EaseUS Gmail data recovery software can help restore it from your local PC or storage devices.
Recover messages from the Trash
- 1. On your computer, go to Gmail.
- 2. On the left side of the page, scroll down, then click "More >Trash".
- 3. Check the box next to any messages you want to move.
- 4. Click "Move to".
- 5. Choose where you want to move the message to.
5 Solutions on How to Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail
Many people undoubtedly have experienced the same problem of mistakenly deleting emails or messages from your Gmail to free up space or declutter. Then, you don't know how to recover deleted emails from Gmail account. Don't worry. On this page, we will talk about how to recover deleted emails in Gmail with details, even the permanently deleted ones.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Recover from Gmail Service||On your computer, open Gmail. In the search box, click the "Down arrow"...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Use Editing/Deleting Filter||Open Gmail from a browser. In the top right, click the Settings icon and then select "Settings"...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Check Gmail Trash Folder||Open Gmail account and sign in > click on "Settings" > "Labels" > "Show"...Full steps|
|Fix 4. Check Gmail Server||Open your Gmail. Click the drop-down arrow on the left of your search box at the top of the screen...Full steps|
|Fix 5. Turn to Support Team||Sign in to your Gmail account. Fill in the form with all the necessary information...Full steps|
How to Restore Deleted Emails in Gmails Within 30 Days
If you simply delete an email, it stays in your Trash for 30 days. Or if you mark an email as spam, it also stays in the Spam folder for 30 days. In this period, you can recover deleted emails in Gmail through the ways below.
Gmail service "Mail & Spam & Trash" can be very helpful in finding emails among the spam. It's better to search for emails on a computer rather than via a mobile app, since some of the features aren't available in the latter.
1. On your computer, open Gmail. In the search box, click the Down arrow.
2. Click the "All Mail" drop-down, then select "Mail & Spam & Trash".
3. Enter some information that's in the missing email, for example, "From who", or "To who". (Here we take Google for example.) If you're not sure about exact words or details, leave the fields blank.
4. At the bottom of the box, click "Search". Then, all of your deleted emails will be revealed. You can get them back easily.
Method 2. Retrieve Deleted Gmail Emails by Editing/Deleting Filter
You may have created a filter that automatically archives or deletes certain emails. You can check your filter:
1. Open Gmail from a browser. In the top right, click the Settings icon and then select "Settings".
2. At the top, click the "Filters and Blocked Addresses" tab. Look for filters that include the words "Delete it" or "Skip Inbox".
3. To the right, click "Edit" or "Delete". If you choose "Edit", click "Continue" to edit the Filter.
4. Uncheck "Skip the Index" and "Delete it > "Update filter".
5. If you choose "Delete", select "Delete" > click "OK" to confirm.
Method 3. Restore Deleted Emails from Gmail Trash Folder
Some users may have hidden the Gmail trashes, and this method will help you to unhide them and help you restore deleted emails in Gmail from Trash.
1. Open Gmail account and sign in > click on "Settings" > "Labels" > "Show". This will show your Trash folder on the left pane of the Gmail window.
2. Now you can see all deleted email files in the "Trash" folder. Select or check the wanted email and files, click on the mail icon at the top of the window with "Move To" words so to move your deleted emails to the Inbox.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail After 30 Days
As said before, If you delete an email, it goes to the Trash folder for 30 days. After 30 days, emails are permanently deleted from the Trash. Is it possible to recover permanently deleted emails in Gmail? Yes. If the deleted emails are not located in the Trash folder, your email host may have a copy of your emails. See how to do it with step by step guides.
Method 1. Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail Server
- If your emails are deleted from the server, Gmail (free version) is unable to restore them for you. If you are a Google Apps user, they do offer that option.
- There's only one copy of every Gmail email. If you deleted an email from one place, like a label or a device, it is deleted from Gmail entirely.
- Gmail groups all replies to an original email together in a single conversation. When you click or tap delete, the entire conversation is deleted, including the original email and any replies.
The steps we talk about are similar to Method 1 in the front part. You can go back to check the detailed steps.
Method 2. Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Gmail from Gmail Support Team
Another way to recover permanently deleted emails in Gmail is sending a request to the Gmail Support Team to ask it to recover your deleted emails. This method is not 100% effective. It works better for Gmail account being attacked.
1. Sign in your Gmail account. Open the following form.
2. Fill in the form with all the necessary information, such as describe the problem you have.
3. Click "Submit" after all the information is filled.
Knowledge Base: Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Emails with Data Recovery Software
If you lost a locally saved email file saved on your computer, not in the browser or Gmail app, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help restore it from your local PC or storage devices. This tool enables you to recover permanently deleted files from HDD, SSD, external hard drive, USB flash drive, etc.
What about using any of the data recovery products to recover deleted emails in the Gmail account? No chance! It's impossible to recover deleted emails from Gmail, Thunderbird, or other email applications by using data recovery software, let alone the permanently deleted messages. You can see the reasons explained below.
1. Emails are not files; they are stored in the email database file.
Data recovery software or tool can only scan and find lost files saved on your local drive-in PC or storage devices.
2. Removing these emails only changes the contents of the database file.
It's similar to how you edit a word document, deleting one or a few words inside it and saving the changes, but the text itself is still there, and it is not lost.
3. No data recovery software can retrieve previously deleted content from existing files.
As far as we know, currently, no data recovery software can retrieve previously deleted content from existing files. So it is to email recovery software, not even a tiny chance to restore permanently removed email files.
4. The database is an exception.
As long as there is a transaction log or backup, you can recover the deleted data by rolling back the log or restore the backup. But our data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard or other similar programs are unable to do that.
Was This Page Helpful?
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
"EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past, but it's fast and efficient..." —PCMag
"The first thing you'll notice about EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro is that its interface is very clear and uncluttered, with only a small collection of self-explanatory controls. You won't find lots of extra options hidden in a system of hidden menus, either; what you see really is what you get." —techradar
"Recover lost files, even after deleting a partition or formatting your drive." —Macworld
- 2. Why cannot I recover 2GB data for free?
It is recommended to check the version installed is Free or Trial because they are different versions.
Trial has data preview function but cannot save any files, while the Free version enables to recover 2 GB files. The default free space is 500 MB and you may share the product on social media to get another 1.5 GB.
- 3. Why cannot the recovered files be opened?
A file is saved as 2 parts on the storage device: directory info (which is comprised by file name, time stamp and size info, etc.) and data content.
If the files with original file names and folder structures cannot be opened, one possible reason is the corrupted directory info. There is still a chance to recover the data content with the RAW Recovery method in our software.
- 4. Why isn't it suggested to recover the files back to the original drive?
The storage structure of the lost files would be altered or damaged by any changes on the drive. If you save the recovered files back to the same drive, the original data structures and data content would be corrupted or overwritten, which causes permanent data loss. So you should prepare another disk to save the files.
- 5. How can I check whether my data is recoverable or not before purchase?
The Free version helps you save 2GB files, so verify the recovery quality of our product before purchase.
- 6. How long does it take to scan the drive?
It strongly depends on the capacity of your hard drive and the performance of your computer. As reference,most drive recoveries can be completed in around 10 to 12 hours for a 1-TB healthy hard drive in general conditions.