"I accidentally deleted several important emails in Hotmail when I cleared up the Inbox. And later, when I required those emails, I came to know that they were deleted. Is it possible to recover deleted emails from Hotmail? If yes, please tell me how to do it. I really want to retrieve those messages."
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Method 1. Restore Deleted Emails||Open the Outlook > Sign in to the Hotmail > Right-click Deleted Items...Full steps|
|Method 2. Use File Recovery Software||Download the software > Select Recover > Select Outlook.PST file...Full steps|
Overview of Hotmail Email Recovery
Hotmail (Outlook.com) is a webmail service. Users can access it from a web browser anywhere in the world or view its emails in Outlook if you have added the Hotmail account. Sometimes, you may get one or more emails lost by accidentally hitting the "Delete" button or for some other reasons. When it happens, you may want to recover the deleted Hotmail emails, especially when those lost emails contain important messages.
It is not a complicated thing to recover deleted emails from Hotmail after you've read this tutorial. Here, you can learn how to recover deleted Hotmail emails from Deleted Items and how to recover permanently deleted emails in Hotmail with email recovery software.
How to Restore Deleted Emails in Hotmail from Deleted Items
When you delete an email in Hotmail, it won't be permanently erased at once but just placed in the "Deleted" folder. Therewith, you can quickly restore deleted Hotmail emails.
1. Open the Outlook, Sign in to the Hotmail email address.
2. On the left side of the screen, Right-click "Deleted Items". Click "Recover Deleted Items".
3. Choose the emails you want to restore. Any emails you've deleted in the last 14 - 30 days will appear here.
- If you don't see any emails here, your deleted emails are permanently removed.
- If there are too many deleted emails, you can use the search bar at the top of the page to search for specific emails.
4. Click "Recover" and "OK". Then, you will restore the deleted emails in Hotmail to your inbox.
How to Restore Permanently Deleted Emails in Hotmail
If you can’t find the lost emails in Trash or Deleted Items folder, it is probably that you have permanently deleted them. Can you recover permanently deleted emails from Hotmail? Yes, it depends. If you have added the Hotmail email to Outlook and had Outlook app installed on your computer, you can recover permanently deleted Hotmail emails by restoring from the local .pst or .ost file.
EaseUS Email Recovery Wizard enables you to recover your deleted or lost emails, email files, contacts, appointments, and notes safely. What’s more, it's also good at repairing damaged or corrupted Outlook .pst files to secure your data.
Now, Download EaseUS Email Recovery Wizard to start to recover deleted emails from Hotmail with both video and text guides.
1. Launch this program and select "Recover Deleted Email/Repair PST File" option and press "Next" button.
2. Select Outlook.PST file by pressing "Select source file". You may also search for the.PST file from "Search PST file" button provided.
Note: Intensive Scan should be selected if you are not getting the desired result.
3. After the scan, you will find and get back your lost emails from Hotmail.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Written by Tracy King
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
External Hard Drive Not Mounting on Mac? 6 Ways to Fix It
Dany/May 29, 2023
3 Best Ways on How to Backup Registry From Command Line
Jean/Feb 22, 2023
Five Things You Need to Do Before Windows 10 Update
Tracy King/May 26, 2023
Solved: CMD.exe/CMD Keeps Popping up in Windows 10
Tracy King/May 22, 2023