Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
To recover data from a formatted or damaged disk, perform the following steps:
- 1. Start EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and locate the damaged disk.
- 2. Scan the damaged disk.
- 3. View the search results.
- 4. Preview the files by double-clicking them.
- 5. Mark the files and folders you want to recover.
- 6. Click "Recover" and choose another location to save the recovered data. More items...
The external hard drive is used almost universally in our daily life because we could store and transfer our important files to it easily and quickly. While we enjoy the convenience it brings to us, we also encounter the trouble it makes. Data loss on an external hard drive is inevitable. You may delete files accidentally, format the external hard drive. The external hard drive itself gets corrupted unexpectedly.
The fact that external hard drive becomes corrupted is not entirely uncommon. Everyone could be faced with this problem. Corrupted external hard drive recovery with professional software is your best choice. There are lots of external drive recovery programs that claim to recover anything from an external hard drive.
Frankly speaking, only a few of them can give the desired results. If you are looking for safe and reliable external hard drive recovery software, then try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Being one of the most professional data recovery programs, it has 10+ million users around the world. It can also recover data from internal hard disk, SD card, USB flash drives, and more. It has many extraordinary features:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations.
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely and completely.
- Recover data from the recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder.
Why is it the best data recovery software? Can you prove it? Yes, we have tested 5 widely-used data recovery software. We have tested the time and speed when they are scanning the same partition (127GB free of 141GB) searching for deleted/lost files. For a data recovery tool, the scanning speed and the ability to find more files really make sense. According to the results, EaseUS data recovery software is the best. Check the details in the table:
|Product Name||Recover My Files||Recuva||Disk Drill||Stellar Data Recovery||EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard|
|Scanning Time||1h||> 1h||> 1h||37min||27min|
|Files Found||321,297 files||111,213 files||2,254 files||414,170 files||784,741 files|
|File Size||13.80GB||no size is shown||1.92GB||19.84GB||38.53GB|
When your external hard drive gets corrupted or damaged, the first thing you need to do is extract files before they’re gone forever. It is the only way to get out of the situation before the hard drive becomes dead forever. But you need to make sure that your external hard drive is showing as "Online" in Disk Management.
Then, you can try the best hard disk recovery software to restore all lost data from the external hard drive with the video.
You can also follow the guidelines below to get lost files back from a corrupted external hard disk:
Step 1. Choose the external hard drive
- Since you're going to recover data from an external hard drive, you need to correctly connect the drive to your Windows computer.
- Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and choose the exact external drive where you lost data.
- Click Scan.
Step 2. Check the scan results
The software will immediately start scanning the selected drive for all lost data. During the scan, you can see more and more data showing up in the results. The Filter feature is there for you to quickly locate the files of one kind, such as Pictures, Word/Excel/PDF documents, Videos, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- Double-clicking a file will allow you to preview its content.
- Choose the file(s) and click Recover.
- Select a different drive to save the recovered files instead of the original one.
A corrupted external hard drive is a wide common situation and thousands of people facing it every day. When you fail to access your external hard drive, you need to follow the solutions below to check and fix it:
- Check the power supply and connection errors. It's likely that your device has a separate power source. Therefore, checking the power supply will be important.
- Try another USB cable. Maybe there's something wrong with the old one.
- Use antivirus to scan your drive if the external hard drive has viruses on it.
- Run SFC (Open "Command Prompt" and enter sfc /scannow). It helps fix the damaged or missing Windows system files that may cause drive corruption.
Run CHKDSK to Fix the File System Errors (Recommended)
If the three simple ways are unable to help, my suggestion is to run CHKDSK to fix the file system errors on the external device. CHKDSK command prompt checks the file system and file system metadata of a volume for logical and physical errors.
Step 1. In the Search Window, type cmd. On the search result, right-click on the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator".
Step 2. Type the command: chkdsk E: /f /r /x
Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
If command line is not your ideal choice, you can apply this command-line alternative tool - EaseUS CleanGenius. Use this one-click tool to fix the file system error on your hard drive.
Step 1. DOWNLOAD EaseUS CleanGenius on your computer for free.
Step 2. Run the software. Click "Optimization" on the left panel, and then choose "File Showing" .
Step 3. Go to "Choose drive" and select the drive with a file system error. Check the "Check and fix file system error" option and click "Execute".
Step 4. Wait the EaseUS CleanGenius completes the repairing process. After that, click the "here" to view the result.
The best way to prevent a loss is to reduce the chances of an external hard drive failure by taking preventative measures. Here are some tips that may cause your drive corruption and you can follow to prevent storage devices from corrupting now:
- Be exceedingly careful with the drive. Always ensure that the drive is in a secure location when powered on. Store the external hard drive away from direct sunlight.
- Always use the Remove Device option. Never unplug an external hard drive while files are being accessed because this will corrupt its data.
- Be away from a magnet. A magnet will erase all data on an external hard disk, so keep them far away.
- Use the USB plug properly. When removing a USB cable from a device, pull gently from the cable connector. Do not yank the cable out as it could damage the connector.
- Back up, back up and back up. You can create a copy of your external hard drive files and upload them to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive. Also, you can copy them to another drive or create a backup schedule to back up files automatically. Having a backup in advance will always help.
It's very common to get a damaged or corrupted external hard drive. You are very lucky if your computer detects an external hard drive even if it seems that all the files are gone. There is a chance to get the files back using professional software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. No matter what data loss scenarios you encounter, EaseUS is always ready to help you.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More