Are you looking to get the most out of your Windows 11/10 experience? Then you should ensure that your operating system is up-to-date with the latest build. Keeping up with the latest version of Windows 11/10 ensures you have access to all of its features, security fixes, and many other improvements. In this blog post, we'll walk through how to force update Windows 10, so you can maximize performance on your PC.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Force Update via Microsoft||
|Force Update Windows 10 with CMD||
There are times that you download Windows 10 update, but Windows 10 update fails with error code 0x80070643 or other errors. Thus, you can't update Windows 10 to the newest version in this way.
However, you can free download Windows 10 and force update to the newest Microsoft version. You can watch this video to force update Windows 10 to the newest version.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:46 How to update Windows 10
- 3:11 What to do after Windows 10 update
If you prefer a step-by-step guide, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Go to the Microsoft website and click "Update now".
Step 2. Download the latest version of Windows 10 and open the file to install.
Step 3. Then, Windows 10 Update Assistant pops up. Follow the on-screen operations and force update Windows 10.
After the update, restart your computer and check your PC.
For users confident with utilizing the command line viewer, force updating Windows 10 with CMD is a quick and effective way to install the latest updates. The process works by delivering a special command that downloads and installs all pending Windows updates. Follow the steps below to force update Windows 10 to the newest version.
Step 1. Run Command Prompt as administrator from the search box.
Step 2. Type wuauclt.exe /updatenow and hit Enter.
This command will force Windows 10 to check for updates and start downloading.
If you want to learn more details about Windows 10 force update, watch this video.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:22 Force update Windows 10
How to Recover Lost Data After Windows 10 Update
After the force update, you may lose data on your laptop or PC. You can recover lost files after Windows 10 update. All you need is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This data recovery software works well in recovering deleted, formatted and other data with simple clicks.
- It can recover data from a hard drive, SSD, SD card, USB flash drive, and more.
- This software supports data recovery from Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
- You can perform photo recovery, video recovery, Word recovery, and file recovery with it.
Download this data recovery software and recover data after Windows 10 update.
A forced update is the last thing you want to do, but if you follow Tip 1 or 2 from our blog post, you can make sure your Windows 10 is up-to-date. If, by misfortune, you lost some data after Windows 10 update, don't worry! Follow our tips to recover lost data and get your files back.
Force Windows 10 Update FAQs
Read the questions and answers below to get additional help.
1. Why is Windows 10 not getting updated?
Here are the reasons why Windows 10 won't update:
- A file needed by Windows Update is likely damaged or missing
- A driver or other software on your PC isn't compatible with Windows 10
- Your PC couldn't connect to the Windows Update servers
- Your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements to download or install the upgrade to Windows 10
2. How do I force Windows 10 to update from the command line?
Follow the steps below to force Windows update with the command line:
- Type cmd in the search box, choose Run as administrator, and click Yes to continue.
- Type wuauclt.exe /updatenow and hit Enter.
- This command will force Windows Update to check for updates and start downloading.
3. How can I stop Windows 10 from an automatic update?
To disable Windows 10 updates in every way:
- Manually Disable Windows Update
- Change the Settings of the Group Policy Editor
- Meter Your Network Connection
- Change Update Settings Using Registry
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech lives easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. In her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Editor's Pick Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.