Windows users receive updates from Microsoft regularly to keep their work going smoothly without malfunctioning. It makes Windows super efficient, user-friendly, and an easy-to-use OS. However, travel freaks may need help to carry their system as their travel partner each time. They may also search for options to make it portable, and what is better than putting it on a USB drive?
But, it is more challenging than it seems. Sometimes while making transfers using WinToUSB, you may face Windows getting stuck error. So how can we solve this WinToUSB not working issue that prevents the update from finishing by getting stuck at 0%, 36%, 83%, or 99%? Stay with us to find out answers to the queries, along with finding a better alternative as a solution.
WinToUSB is a tool that can be availed free of cost and assists in installation and running your Windows OS using any external hard drive or USB drive. It does not need USB drives that are certified by Microsoft. For example, Windows To Go and Windows Enterprise use Microsoft-certified USB drives. Using an ISO image file, you can make a windows workplace on a USB, current Windows OS, DVD drive, or CD; it is also removable.
However, sometimes you may some situations under which WinToUSB may not function properly. Some of them are listed below;
- When the image file from the source gets corrupted, if you want to create Windows bootable USB using an ISO/ESD/WIM/VHD/SWM/VHDX file, be sure of the files validity. If not, you may face an error of "Copy file failed."
- Windows 7 does not support USB 3.0 as a built-in feature. If you want to use Win7 to USB 3.0, it may not work. It means you can use it for only booting Windows 7 using a USB 2.0 drive.
- When you do not have an active partition, once you have created a Windows portable USB, you must set the partition related to the system as active in third-party partition software or Disk Management. For this, you have to do some settings for the USB bootable drive that got created first as the boot device before you boot from it.
In case you are still facing the WinToUSB not working issue, you need to check out a fantastic product ahead that can be your best alternative to turn the situation in your favor.
You can fetch most of your productivity if you are using a Windows system that is portable. In this system, you can use a keyboard, mouse, and display to complete your work. Moreover, it will help you prevent a boot failure for your PC. It will also assist you with rescuing your files with portable Windows. But sometimes you may encounter somes problems, such as WintoUSB stuck at 0%, so it is better to use an alternative instead. Herein, we suggest one such option, EaseUS OS2Go, to assist you with the WinToUSB not working issue.
EaseUS OS2Go is a seamless solution to WinToUSB not working issues. It assists with creating bootable Windows USB drives that are portable too. The software is also lighter on your pockets, space-friendly, travel-friendly, and trustworthy. It can also help you create a bootable Windows 7 USB. The following are some highlighted features:
- Multi- PC Accessibility. Once connected, it gives you accessibility to Windows 10/11 in addition to data stored on USB.
- Certified USB Drive Not Required. You can use it as your standard Windows desktop, but do not require a certified USB drive; it also supports sticks.
- Pocket Friendly. You can use this lighter-on-pockets option as it works on USB, which is much cheaper than hard drives.
- Seamlessly Works on Mac and Windows. It works with both Mac and Windows, which means you can enjoy running games or apps that are Windows-specific seamlessly.
- Installation of Windows on Mac. You do not need any boot camp to transform your Mac into Windows. With this, you get the functionality of two OS in one device. You can also install your Windows on a Mac without boot camp.
- Seamless Creation of Bootable Disk in Emergency. You can use a USB drive for a PC reboot to carry out work in any emergency to resolve Windows-related conflicts.
Here is how to create a potable Windows USB drive:
Step 1. Install EaseUS OS2Go on your Windows computer, it will display your system drive's used space. Plug in a USB drive that is larger than the system drive used space. Choose the target USB drive and click Next to continue.
Step 2. EaseUS OS2Go will notify you that the following operation would delete all data on your drive. Make sure that you have backed up all the important data. Click the Continue button to proceed.
Step 3. Adjust disk layout. The default disk layout on the target drive will be exactly the same as the resource drive. You could also edit the layout according to your needs. Tick the option there if you're using a Solid State Drive as the Windows bootable drive. Next, click Proceed.
Step 4. Then EaseUS OS2Go will start to create the portable USB drive. It usually takes a while depending on your OS and Network condition. When the progress reaches 100%, the USB drive should be bootable now.
Step 5. Insert the portable Windows USB and start your computer. Press the required key (F2, DEL, F10...) to access BIOS. Choose to boot from the USB disk.
Note: Please make sure that the boot mode (UEFI or Legacy) of the portable USB and your target computer are the same, otherwise you may not be able to boot.
Herein we are comparing WinToUSB and EaseUS OS2Go on some grounds to pick out a clear winner that offers you more functionality. We are also focusing on the tool"s usefulness and being portable and multi-functional.
- Usefulness and Error Experience.
If you are opting for transferring Windows to a device that adds portability to your bucket and compact size, then WinToUSB comes as a handy tool. But, you may experience WinToUSB getting stuck at 0% error. Due to this, you may experience a loss of energy, patience, and time, along with hampering productivity.
On the other hand, EaseUs OS2Go provides a user-friendly interface that solves the above issue in an instance by running smoothly. It saves time and energy so you can focus on your work more.
- Issues While Running Software.
Some users experienced and reported that after working with WinToUSB, they could not correctly use their keyboard and mouse and ceased to function. However, EaseUS OS2Go has just reported such issues.
WinToUSB comes with a hefty tag of $29.95 for 30 days. On the other hand, EaseUS OS2Go provides you with a pro version only at $19.95 for 30 days. It makes the latter a more affordable option if you are budget-conscious.
Bagging credits on the earlier points, we declare EaseUS OS2Go a clear winner over WinToUSB. It is the best alternative to WinToUSB that can be used for daily purposes quickly and seamlessly.
We have tried our best to help you with a seamless alternative to overcome the WinToUSB not working issue. WinToUSB is a handy, practical, and time-saving option that assists you with increasing your adaptability. However, with EaseUS OS2Go, you get similar aspects but with advanced functionality and integrated additional specs. So, our vote stands with EaseUS OS2Go. So try it yourself to get a smooth experience.
1. Why is my bootable USB not working?
Having issues with your bootable USB and it is not working, then the reason behind it can be its faulty creation. You can go for reformatting it and creating a new USB that is bootable for the installation of Windows.
2. Why is my bootable USB not showing in BIOS?
It may happen because your computer is not able to make a selection of the boot from the source independently. To fix this issue and show up bootable USB in BIOS, follow the steps as;
- As per your BIOS number, tap and hold ESc + F1 + F2 + f* or F10 keys on the initial startup screen.
- Once a menu appears, tap to enter the setup of BIOS and tap on the Boot tab to select it.
- To prioritize the boot sequence in USB devices, shift the hard drive device to the top section. Then by expanding the hard drive device, change the USB device to the top section of the list.
- Save your changes and exit the utility of BIOS setup.
3. Why is my PC not finding a boot device?
It may occur due to various reasons as;
- Connection issue of the hard disk.
- The boot order may need to be corrected in BIOS.
- Damage arising unknowingly to system or boot files.
- Damage of boot sector or MBR on bootable disk.
- Attacks from malware or viruses, etc.
4. How do I run WinToUSB?
You can follow the given steps to run WinToUSB;
- Complete downloading and installation of WinToUSB and run the software.
- Tap on the icon of "Disk graphic," then tap on the button of "Folder icon."
- You will see a list of all installable OS; tap on the Windows edition you require and tap on the "Next" option.
- From the drop-down list, tap on the targeted USB drive. Tap on "Refresh" if the target is still missing.
- Make a selection of a partition scheme and tap on "Yes."
- Once you see selected partitions in red color, tap on the "Next" option.
- Allow a few minutes for the process to finish.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Create portable Windows to USB
- Copy installed Windows OS to USB
- Clone Winodws OS drive to USB
- Run Windows 11 on any PC
- Run Windows 11 on unsupported PC
- Run Windows 11/10 on a Mac