PartitionMagic Overview (Pros & Cons)
PartitionMagic is a utility for hard disk drive partitioning originally made by the Power Quest Corporation but now owned by Symantec in 2003. The software runs on Microsoft operating systems, including Windows XP, 2000, NT, Me, and 98. It's incompatible with Windows Vista and later versions. A bootable disk for partitioning drives must be used instead. It is capable of resizing, creating different drives (partitions), and other modifications to hard disk drives without losing any information on the hard disk drive.
- Totally free
- Easy to use and install
- Resize, move, merge partitions without data loss
- Create bootable media to manage hard disk partitions under Windows PE
- Not compatible with Windows Vista/7/8/10
- Will not release any update
- The interface is very old and out-dated
- Many advanced disk management operations are not supported, such as convert MBR to GPT
Common Problems of PartitionMagic 64 Bit
Although Partition Magic can resize and create different drives, it has many problems in our daily life. Here are some real cases that some users have been faced with:
Case 1. "I'd like to know when Partition Magic will be available that will support Windows 7 64 bit computers."
Case 2. "Hey, I cannot change my partition table on Windows 10, any partition magic tool recommend for me?"
According to Norton's official site, we can learn that "Due to changing consumer usage trends and Symantec's desire to offer the highest quality and most innovative solutions for the latest operating systems, Symantec has discontinued Norton Partition Magic 8.0". This means that the following Windows systems such as Windows 10/8/7 may not get partition management support from the partition magic software offered by Norton.
EaseUS Partition Magic Software Overview (Pros and Cons)
Then, how about partitioning and managing disk partitions in new Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7? Since PartitionMagic is not compatible with Windows 7/8/10, you need a partition magic alternative to better manage the hard drive. A professional partition magic software is what you need to partition Windows 10/8/7 64 bit without data loss. The partition magic Windows 10 64 bit alternative - EaseUS Partition Master can do you a favor, help you to create and resize hard drive easily without data loss. EaseUS Partition Master Free is an all-in-one disk partition manager. As one of the best disk management tools, it has many highlights.
Download Free Partition Magic Alternative for Windows 10/8/7 64 Bit
The user-friendly interface with comprehensive wizards greatly simplifies the operation of managing your partition and ensures every feature in this product could be easy to find and navigate. If you are looking for a versatile and secure Windows partition manager for Windows Vista/7/8/10 64 bit, EaseUS Partition Master must be your best choice.
Your Reliable Choice - EaseUS Partition Master
- Very easy to use
- User-friendly interface
- You can receive the latest update
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Compatible with Windows 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003 (Server version)
- Include lots of useful operations (resize/move/merge/clone partitions)
- Some additional features are included only in the Pro version
EaseUS Partition Magic Software VS PartitionMagic
You can see why EaseUS Partition Master is the best alternative to Partition Magic by looking at the chart below.
||EaseUS Partition Master
|Operating system supported
||Windows NT, 95/98, ME, 2000, and XP
|File system supported
- Resize/clone/merge/format/delete/wipe/check partitions
- Convert between logical and primary partition
- Convert FAT to NTFS partition
- MBR disk to GPT, or GPT disk to MBR
|Create, resize, merge
||HDD, SSD, large capacity hard disk (GPT and MBR disk), removable devices
||HDD, SSD, and external hard drive
||Lifetime upgrade and technical support
||No longer offer
How to Use EaseUS Partition Magic Software to Manage Partitions
You can easily create disk partitions and manage data storage space with the most popular partition management software for Windows. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to shrink, extend, create, and delete a partition. Read on and get more details.
Step 1. To Shrink a Partition
- Right-click on a partition that you want to shrink and select "Resize/Move".
- Drag the end of the partition rightward or leftward to adjust the space. Click "OK" to continue.
Step 2. To Extend a Partition
- To extend partition, you need to leave unallocated space. If not, shrink a partition as mentioned above.
- Then right-click on the target partition and select "Resize/Move".
- Drag the target partition handle into the unallocated space to extend partition. Click "OK" to continue.
Step 3. To Create a Partition:
- On the main window, right-click on the unallocated space on your hard drive or external storage device and select "Create".
- Set the partition size, partition label, drive letter, file system, etc. for the new partition and click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. To Delete a Partition
- On the main window, right-click on the hard drive partition which you want to delete and select "Delete".
- Click "OK" to confirm.
Step 5. To Change Partition Drive Letter
- Right-click the partition, and choose "Change Drive Letter".
- Click the down arrow, choose a drive letter for the partition, then click "OK".
Finally, click the "Execute Operation" button at the top corner and keep all changes by clicking "Apply".
See More About EaseUS Partition Master Edition Comparison
There are different editions of EaseUS Partition Master. They are different in features. If you want to upgrade your free partition manager, you can read the version information directly below.
Free edition: free for home users and doesn't support Windows servers.
Professional edition: commercial version for desktop and laptop users.
Server edition: commercial version for Windows Server users.
Detailed comparisons among these editions are in the table below:
|Supported HDD Capacity
||Windows 10-XP and Windows Server 2019-2003
|Resize/clone/merge/format/delete/wipe check partitions
|WinPE bootable disk
|Manage Dynamic Volumes
|Repair RAID-5 Volumes
According to the partition comparison, you can select the wanted edition according to their features and supported functions easily.
Although PartitionMagic does a great job of letting you manage your PC's partitions, it does have few features and poorly supports popular Windows operating systems, like Windows 10, 8, 7. If you want to perform a deeper dive into your PC's hard drive, check out and try EaseUS Partition Master. It is trusted by more than 10 million customers. With it, you can change your file system from NTFS to FAT/FAT32, resize and move partitions, optimize SSD, and more.