Q: How to clone external hard drive to another on Windows 10 in a quick way?
"One of my friends complained that it took him a whole three hours sitting in front of a computer to copy 500 GB external hard drive to another 1 TB external hard drive for the purpose of keeping a backup. He used Ctrl C + Ctrl V to backup external hard drive to another external hard drive! No wonder the process took so long a time. So, is there any quicker way to clone external hard drive?"
What's the Fastest Way to Clone External Hard Drive
It's a good way to duplicate external hard drive for data transfer from one external hard drive to another. But if the files and installed programs on the external hard drive you want to transfer are too large, it will take you quite a bit of time, as described in the above scenario.
Then, what's the fastest way to clone external hard drive to another external hard drive (HDD or SSD)? Use EaseUS Disk Copy. The super-fast SSD/HDD raw copy tool for disk copy, clone, upgrade, replacement, or simply backup. It enables you to clone external hard drive to another external hard drive on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP as simple as a few clicks, no matter it is about cloning HDD to HDD, HDD to SSD or SSD to SSD.
In addition, this cloning software allows you to clone a hard drive with bad sectors, clone failing hard drive to new HDD/SSD, and more.
How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another with EaseUS Disk Copy
After making sure that both of the drives were correctly connected to the computer and recognized by the computer, you can officially start.
- Connect the two external hard drives to your computer in advance.
- Download and install EaseUS Disk Copy.
Step 1: In "Disk Mode", select the external hard drive as the source disk.
Step 2: Choose the other external hard drive as the destination.
Step 3: A message would pop up and tells you the data on the destination disk will be erased. Click "OK" to continue.
Step 4: Edit the disk layout and then click "Proceed" to continue external hard drive cloning.
Step 5: Wait for the process to complete.
EaseUS Disk Copy allows you to easily clone external hard drive to another external hard drive, clone internal boot hard drive to a new hard drive, or clone hard drive in the WinPE environment. Furthermore, you can also use simple-to-use and powerful hard drive cloning software to cloning operating system partition to SSD, clone data from one internal hard drive to another, etc..
Clone External Hard Drive FAQs
The following three questions are highly relevant to how to clone external hard drive, check the answers.
How to backup external hard drive to another external hard drive?
Detailed steps to clone external hard drive
1. In the main interface, you’ll see two copy methods. Click Disk Clone Mode.
2. Choose your source external hard drive and click on the Next icon.
3. Select your target external hard drive and click Next.
4. Edit the disk layout and then click Proceed to continue to clone external hard drive. And wait for the process to complete.
Is it possible to clone a hard drive?
Yes, you can use a professional disk cloning software, such as EaseUS Disk Copy, to help you clone a hard drive in a simple way. It enables you to clone hard drive in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista as well as clone a failing hard drive in WinPE mode.
Also see how to clone HDD to SSD for Linux
How do I clone my entire hard drive?
Detailed steps to clone hard drive:
1. Launch EaseUS disk cloning software and click "Clone". And then, select the source hard disk you want to clone.
2. Select the destination disk.
3. Preview the disk layout after cloning. Finally, you can click Proceed to clone one hard drive to another with one click.
How do I mirror my hard drive to an external drive?
1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage" and select "Disk Management".
2. Right-click the primary drive with data on it, and select "Add Mirror".
3. Choose the drive that will act as a duplicate.
4. Click Add Mirror.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Clone an old disk to a new one
- Clone a small disk to a large one
- Clone HDD to SSD
How to Clone HDD to SSD on Windows 10/8/7