Page Table of Contents
- A hard drive has many partitions, including the system or data partitions. When your hard drive is full, you need to transfer all your data on partitions to another drive.
- Cloning is the best way to help you transfer data from all partitions to another drive without losing data or reinstalling Windows.
- You need to use third-party disk cloning software like EaseUS Disk Copy to help you clone all partitions to another drive since Windows has no built-in cloning features.
Cloning a Hard Drive with Multiple Partitions - What You Need?
For a smooth and successful cloning process, you need to make some preparations for cloning all partitions on a hard drive to another.
- You need to create a backup of your data on your old drive via a free backup tool like EaseUS Todo Backup to avoid data loss in the cloning process.
- You need to prepare a SATA-to-USB cable to connect your new HDD or SSD to your computer for cloning.
- Undoubtedly, and most importantly, you will need to download a disk cloning tool since Windows has no built-in cloning features. EaseUS Disk Copy is compatible with HDD or SSD from all manufacturers.
You might have different cases to clone a hard disk with multiple partitions. To quickly select a suitable solution, please take a glance at each scenario that suits yours.
|❓I have bought a new 2TB hard drive and want to clone my 500GB HDD to the new one. My current HDD has 2 partitions, but I want the new drive to have 1 partition. How can I exactly do this?||Use EaseUS Disk Copy to help you resize the disk partition layout on your destination disk and migrate data to it.|
|❓My PC runs two operating systems (10 and 11) on a hard drive. Tomorrow, I will have a new SSD. How can I transfer Windows 10 and 11 to the SSD without losing data?||Use EaseUS Disk Copy, Clonezilla, or Macrium Reflect Free to help you transfer your Windows systems to SSD, and then you can install it on your PC.|
|❓I plan to migrate my Windows to a new SSD, and I have watched many videos and blogs, but there is not a single piece of information on how to clone an HDD with multiple disk partitions.||Use EaseUS disk cloner or free disk cloning software to help you clone hard drives with different sizes or partitions.|
Share this article on your social media to help more people.
Use EaseUS Disk Copy to Clone PC Hard Drive with Multiple Partitions
As mentioned above, if you want to copy data from one hard drive to another or clone a hard drive with many partitions on your computer, you must use third-party hard drive cloning software. To this end, EaseUS Disk Copy, a name that has to be mentioned in the cloning field, can suit your needs in every aspect.
It is a practical and easy-to-use disk cloning tool for Windows PCs. It can help you clone your systems, disks, and partitions and clone your boot drive to a new SSD. In addition, it can help you clone a disk with bad sectors due to its advanced sector-by-sector cloning technology. Here are some highlights of EaseUS disk cloning software:
EaseUS Disk Copy
- Resize the disk's layout/partition when completing the cloning task
- Replace a laptop hard drive without losing data or reinstalling the OS
- Upgrade a disk to a larger one and carry out a hot cloning
- Transfer Windows SSDto a new PC and migrate data to another PC
- Create a complete hard drive backup for instant restore
EaseUS Disk Copy is a multi-functional disk cloning utility to help you cope with hard drive-related issues. Ensure you download it on your computer to help you clone a hard drive or migrate data from one drive to another.
- The "Sector by sector copy" asks the size of your destination disk to be at least equal to or larger than that of the source disk. Leave this feature unchecked if you wish to clone a larger hard disk to a smaller hard disk.
- All data on the destination disk will be completely erased, so take care.
Step 1. To start copying/cloning an entire disk to another, choose this disk as the source disk under "Disk Mode" and click "Next".
Step 2. Choose the other disk as the destination disk.
Step 3. Check the disk layout of the two disks. You can manage the disk layout of the destination disk by selecting "Autofit the disk", "Copy as the source" or "Edit disk layout".
- "Autofit the disk" makes some changes by default on the destination disk layout so that it can work at its best status.
- "Copy as the source"does not change anything on destination disk and the layout is the same as source disk.
- "Edit disk layout" allows you to manually resize/move partition layout on this destination disk.
Tick the "Check the option if the target is SSD" option to put your SSD in its best performance.
A message now appears, warning you that data will be lost. Please confirm this message by clicking "OK" and then click "Next".
Step 4. Click "Proceed" to officially execute the task.
Can I Clone a Hard Drive with Multiple Disk Partitions?
Your hard drive, which includes multiple partitions - usually a system partition (the C drive) and several data partitions, will have more and more data after a long use. As a result, the disk's write and read speed will get slower and slower. Worse still, you may find loading a game or program takes a longer time, and your PC user experience is worsening.
Under such circumstances, you might want to migrate your data to a larger HDD or an SSD for improved performance. However, the problem is, how can you clone a hard drive with multiple partitions, or how do I clone a hard disk with multiple partitions? Or can I clone a hard drive with two partitions?
The answer is definitely yes. You can clone a drive with many partitions, but you will need to use third-party cloning tools like EaseUS Disk Copy to help you.
To Wrap Things Up
How do I clone a hard drive with multiple disk partitions? Have you got your answer? This article explains how to clone a hard drive with multiple partitions in detail. Whether you want to clone a disk with many partitions to a larger or smaller HDD/SSD, EaseUS Disk Copy can help you.
EaseUS Disk Copy is a professional disk clone software that can help you clone a hard drive or partition with several simple clicks. It can help you resize the layout of a destination disk so you can clone 2 partitions into one. Moreover, it also allows you to fix the cloned hard drive showing a wrong size error. Just download and try it. It will not let you down!
FAQs on Clone a Hard Drive with Multiple Partitions
1. Do I need to clone all partitions to SSD?
Cloning all partitions is necessary if you want to transfer your hard drive, including the installed OS and saved data. However, if you only want to transfer specific data, like only OS, you can choose to clone a selected partition.
2. How do I clone multiple hard drives at once?
You cannot clone many hard drives simultaneously. Cloning tools such as EaseUS Disk Copy and Macrium Reflect, free or paid, only allow you to clone a hard drive with multiple disk partitions.
3. Do I need to partition my SSD before cloning?
Generally speaking, you have to initialize and partition your SSD before cloning. This is because your PC will not recognize a new SSD if it is not initialized. In contrast, this is no longer the case with EaseUS Disk Copy, which can recognize your SSD even if it is not initialized.
Was this page helpful? Your supoport is truly important to us!
EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy is a well designed and very easy-to-use HDD/SSD cloning and migration tool, a tool which should be ideal for anyone wanting to quickly and easily migrate an existing system disk to a new disk (or newly installed SSD drive) with the minimal of configuration required.
Updated by"I hope my articles can help solve your technical problems. If you are interested in other articles, you can check the articles at the bottom of this page, and you can also check my Facebook to get additional help."…Read full bio
EaseUS Disk Copy
Dedicated cloning tool to meet all your system, disk, and partition clone needs.