Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
When you try to delete a file or folder, you're not actually deleting it from your computer. It only gets moved to the Recycle Bin, which continues to use valuable space on the hard drive. Though you may have to know how to manually empty the recycle bin, you may forget the automatic steps.
In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the steps to automatically empty the Recycle Bin using the Task Scheduler to keep the hard drive space optimized, while giving you enough time to recover deleted files.
1. Open Start, do a search for Task Scheduler, and press Enter.
2. Right-click Task Scheduler Library and click New Folder.
3. Name the folder My Tasks or anything descriptive. (You want to do this to keep your tasks organized and separated from the system tasks.) Right-click the newly created folder and select Create task.
4. On the General tab, enter a name for the task, such as Empty Windows Recycle Bin.
5. On the Triggers tab, click New to create an action that will trigger the task.
6. For the purpose of this guide, I'll select and configure On a schedule, but you can pick from a number of trigger actions, including At log on, At startup, On an event, and more.
If you're using the schedule option as a trigger, consider using the Weekly or Monthly option, which will give you some time to recover deleted files.
7. On the Actions tab, click New.
- Under Settings, on Programs/script enter cmd.exe.
- Under Settings, on Add arguments enter the following argument and click OK:
/c "echo Y|PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command Clear-RecycleBin" Then click OK to complete the task.
Once you completed the steps, the task will run automatically at the trigger condition you have configured.
Two methods are provided below to help you stop recycle bin automatically deleting files.
Method 1. Delete the Task Scheduler
If you have created a new task to let your Recycle Bin empty itself, you can delete the task and the auto-deletion will stop immediately.
Method 2. Change Recycle Bin Settings
Step 1. Open Settings app. Navigate to System > Storage.
Step 2. Click Change how we free up space link. Uncheck the second option: delete files that have been in the recycle bin for over 30 days.
Then, your Recycle Bin will stop deleting files automatically.
If you have lost some important files from Recycle Bin, you can still restore them with the help of EaseUS data recovery. It is a wonderful easy recovery tool which is really helpful to recover permanently deleted files from the emptied Recycle Bin in all Windows versions. It allows you to preview all the deleted files before you purchasing it. Here is the detailed guide about how to recover files deleted from recycle bin in Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP/Vista.
Step 1. Select the Recycle Bin to scan.
Launch EaseUS file recovery software - Data Recovery Wizard on your PC. Under the "Specify a location" section, click "Recycle Bin" and then "Scan".
Step 2. Scan all emptied files.
The software will start a quick scan immediately for all deleted files, and later a deep scan will launch to scan more lost files. After the scanning process, you can use the Filter feature to filter a specific file type, such as Pictures, Documents, Videos, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover files.
Once you locate the desired files, you can double-click on a file for a full preview. Finally, select the wanted files and click "Recover".
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More