Windows 11 operating system users are repeatedly facing the black screen problem. The computer screen instantly goes black while playing games or doing any regular tasks. The power LCD light shows "ON" and the CPU is running but the output screen is completely black. The issue also appears when you try to get the system back from "Sleep Mode."
The issue is very frustrating. If you ever encounter this issue, don't panic. In this article, we will present 7 solutions to resolve the Windows 11 screen goes black randomly to end your misery once and for all.
The most trusted methods to fix Windows 11 black screen problem are as follows:
- 1. Restart Windows 11 PC
- 2. Check the screen connection & reconnect it
- 3. Connect to another screen
- 4. Check for graphics card compatibility
- 5. Start Windows 11 in safe mode
- 6. Update your Graphics drivers
- 7. Perform a system restore
In most cases, the screen goes black due to a one-off glitch. In this condition, you can get rid of this issue by restarting the Windows 11 PC. During restart, the system reconfigures itself and goes back to default settings, cleansing itself from all temporary errors.
- Press the power button and hold it for 3-5 seconds.
- Wait for the system to turn off.
- Now, press the power button to turn it on.
If the issue rises again, you can move to fix 2.
Further Reading: Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor
The black screen can appear if your monitor to CPU connection isn't stable. If your video cable is either loose or connected to the wrong part, it can cause screen connection problems.
- Make sure to turn on your LCD.
- Check the positioning and state video cable port connection points.
- Check the condition of your video Cable.
- If any of them are faulty, replace them. The checking is complete.
- For reconnecting, unplug the video cable from the CPU.
- After some time, plug in the cable on the desired port. It should do the job.
📖Also Read: Screen Freezes but PC Keeps Running
If the issue occurs repeatedly, it points fingers at your LCD screen. If the screen is out of order, you should connect your system to another screen.
- Turn off your system.
- Unplug the video cable and VGA cable from LCD.
- Connect these cables with another LCD on desired ports.
- Turn ON the system. It will be connected to another screen.
If your screen goes black on a specific application or video game, it indicates that your graphics drivers aren't compatible with the required features.
- Go to Settings in Windows 11 from the start menu.
- Select system > Display >Related Settings > Advanced Display.
- Check the graphic card model and make information there.
- Confirm if the features are in-line with the required ones.
- If not either update the drivers or change the graphic card.
The Windows 11 Safe mode should be used when you feel that any third-party app or process is running in the background. The Windows safe mode prevents all such apps from influencing the Windows start-up procedure, ensuring the safe boot and loading of the start-up menu.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your PC. Then press it again to start the system.
- When the Windows logo appears, press and hold the power button until it restarts.
- Repeat this process to interrupt the boot process. On the fourth attempt, the system will show "Automatic Repair Option."
- In the automatic repair options, choose "Advanced Options." After this, click on "Troubleshoot"
- From Troubleshoot menu, select advanced options and then click "startup settings"
- In startup settings, press F-4 to start the system in safe boot.
In certain cases, the screen issues can be resolved by updating graphics drivers. It makes GPU compatible with modern applications.
- Press Window+ S to visit Windows Search. Now type "Device Manager" and enter it.
- In the opened Device Manager Window, look for display adapters. Right-click on your driver and select the update driver option.
- After, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
If any of the soft solutions don't work, the issue is likely to be caused by a recent change. In this case, you can use restore to undo all the latest changes at will.
- Go to Search Bar and write "create a restore point" and press enter.
- It will show system properties. In the system protection tab, choose "System Restore."
- Click "Next" to proceed.
- Select the "restore point" on any date before the issue first appeared and click on "Next."
- Click "Finish", the Windows 11 will get back to what it was before these changes.
There isn't a single answer to this question. The Windows 11 screen can go black randomly due to plenty of reasons. The most noticeable ones are:
- Windows OS: Any corrupted or damaged files or any unwanted update in Windows 11 can cause this problem.
- Installed apps and Drivers: Any unregulated third-party app can result in a black screen error. Since the error is about visual output, any defect in graphic card drivers can cause it.
- Hardware: The flaws in cables, connection ports, or the wrong position of graphic cards can either blank or black your screen.
- Malware: Any virus or malware can affect the system and make it behave erratically.
Since Windows 11 is susceptible to a black screen and other such issues, it puts your valuable data at great risk. Because at times, to resolve these issues, you have to delete all the present data in your system. Therefore, for all users, it is vital to back up their Windows 11 regularly to prevent any data loss. For this, you should a quality backup software like the EaseUS Todo Backup tool.
The EaseUS Todo Backup provides a one-window solution back up your operating system, hard drive, and files. All the data can be stored in the cloud, Google, or external drive at will. The app can also clone and transfer the data very quickly. All the data is stored in a security zone to prevent any data loss. This versatility makes it the No.1 backup and recovery software available today.
Windows 11 screen going black randomly is among the most common and repetitive issues in Windows 11. It frustrates the users, not allowing them to do any work on their systems. The issue occurs due to many software and hardware problems.
This article presents 7 solutions to fix this problem. The detailed procedure of each method has been provided with pictorial references. Since the black screen can cause loss of your system data, we recommend you use the EaseUS Todo Backup tool to secure your data. Download and install it today and get rid of all data loss and recovery problems once and for all.
These are the most frequently asked questions about Windows 11 screen goes black randomly
1. Why does my Windows 11 screen keep going black?
There can be many software and hardware reasons for it. The primary software reasons are Windows 11 damaged files, unwanted, updates, incompatible graphic cards, and old drivers while the hardware issues are defective LCD, connection ports, video cable, or central processing unit.
2. Does Windows 11 have a black screen of death?
Yes, Windows 11 have a black screen of death. The fault appears randomly, stopping the users from doing any work on the system.
3. Why does my screen go black for a few seconds Windows 10?
The screen in Windows 10 goes black for a few seconds due to a loose LCD cable or any power supply issues. It can also be caused by unwanted operating systems and driver updates.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
Written by Larissa
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles and is now a professional editor at EaseUS. She is good at writing articles about data recovery, disk cloning, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Her detailed and ultimate guides help users find effective solutions to their problems. She is fond of traveling, reading, and riding in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.