Your recycle bin corrupted for no reason? Cannot find effective methods to fix and restore recycle bin in Windows 10? In this article, you'll find effective solutions to repair & fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and restore all lost data with ease. Read and find solutions now.
Recycle bin stops working, warning me with the "Corrupted" error, help!
"Have you ever met such a dilemma that the recycle bin stops working in Windows 10 for no reason. And the system keeps warning me 'Corrupted' error when I tried to use the recycle bin and get my deleted data back.
Now I cannot delete useless files directly and I even don't know how to recover deleted files? So if you do know how to repair or fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin and get lost data back, please help me. Thank you very much."
According to some Windows users, recycle bin corrupt problem mainly happen among Windows 8/8.1/7 and Windows 10 users. When you delete files or folders from your desktop or any other folder, they are moved to the Recycle Bin folder for holding.
But you may face a problem where your Recycle Bin gets corrupted and you have to repair or reset it. If you repair or reset it, the Recycle Bin folder in Windows 10/8/7 gets deleted. Here now EaseUS makes it simple and easy for users to restore corrupted recycle bin and lost data in Windows 10 or recover deleted files Windows 8 now. Except for the Windows data recovery, EaseUS also provides data recovery software for Mac to recover deleted files Mac with a few clicks.
Part 1. Fix & repair corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin
Here are some fixes that you can try to repair corrupted recycle bin in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
Method 1. Run CMD to fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin
- 1. Go to Start > Click All Programs > Accessories;
- 2. Right-click Command Prompt > Select "run cmd as administrator".
- 3. Type: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit Enter.
- 4. Reboot the computer and then you can reuse the Recycle Bin again.
If this doesn't work, open cmd window again and type: sfc / scannow > Enter. System File Checker will check and fix the problem for you.
Method 2. Delete all permissions, corrupted recycle bin and reinstall recycle bin in Windows
1. Delete all permissions and corrupted recycle bin
- Go to Control Panel > Tab File Explorer > Click View;
- Uncheck or unhide system protected operating files > Go to open each drive and you'll see the Recycle.bin folder and permissions with an additional recycle.bin;
- Delete all the permissions, all the recycle.bin(s) on each drive and then Restart Windows.
2. Reinstall recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7
- Right-click on Desktop > Select Personalize;
- Click on Themes > Click Desktop Icon settings under Related Settings;
- Check Recycle Bin > Click Apply.
After getting the recycle bin back, don't rush to use it contain useless files. Do remember to open the Recycle Bin and check out whether the deleted data are in it or not. If no tracks can be found, you'll need professional data recovery software for help. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will do the job for you and get all your data back in only three steps.
Part 2. Restore lost data after fixing/repairing corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin
If the deleted data are not in the repaired recycle bin, let EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard help you and fix this problem. It's fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and former Windows versions. You can download it for free and follow the next steps to restore recycle bin data from Windows 10 now.
Video tutorial on how to recover recycle bin data.
Note: To guarantee a high data recovery chance, install EaseUS data recovery software on another disk instead of the original disk where you lost files.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 computer. Select the disk partition or storage location where you lost data and click "Scan".
Step 2. This recovery software will start scanning the disk to find all lost and deleted files. When the scan process completes, click "Filter" > "Type" to specify lost file types.
Step 3. Preview and restore lost Windows files. You can double-click to preview the scanned files. Then, select the target data and click the "Recover" button to save them to another safe spot in the PC or an external storage device.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes