McAfee Deleted My File, How to Recover?
"McAfee is the only antivirus software I use on my computer. There is a problem when it completes scanning trojans, viruses, or malware. It deleted an important document without my permission. Now, I have to work out how to recover McAfee deleted files. Any suggestions?"
McAfee blocks most intrusions from the outside. However, sometimes it overdoes its job by deleting everything that seems "dangerous". That's why many people are seeking an available method.
Save your time and bring your files back immediately! In this guide, you will get powerful data recovery software to restore files deleted by McAfee. And more, if you want to restore McAfee deleted files from quarantine, we also show you the details to fix it.
If your "safe" files were automatically deleted by McAfee antivirus without asking your permission, first you may check the Recycle Bin. The deleted files may be kept there, but that's less likely to happen.
Want to get a 100% restored file method? You'd better use the third-party software, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, which can recover files deleted by antivirus, including the famous McAfee, Norton, Avast, and more.
- It can recover deleted files from hard drive, SD card, SSD, USB flash drive, and more.
- This software supports data recovery for Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS 13.0-10.8.
Just download the recovery software, and follow the 3-step guide below to restore McAfee deleted files.
Step 1. Select the disk drive where you have lost files after using an antivirus program and click "Scan".
Step 2. When the scan process finishes, all the lost and deleted files on the selected drive should appear. You can try to locate the antivirus deleted items from the tree-view panel on the left, or use the "Filter" function to specify particular file formats, such as pictures, videos, emails, documents and so on.
Step 3. Double-click a file to preview. After that, select the file(s) at one time and click "Recover".
Another effective way to get back McAfee deleted files is using Quarantine. Follow the steps below to recover McAfee deleted files from Quarantine.
- Open your McAfee Security product.
- Click "Navigation" (or click the cog at the top right).
- Click "Quarantined and Trusted Items".
- Open "Quarantined Items (for individual files)" or "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs (for programs)".
- Select specific items individually, or click "Select all".
- Select "Restore" to restore the item from Quarantine or Delete to delete the item from the list
Step 1. Open your McAfee.
Step 2. Choose the settings gear icon on the top-right corner of the interface.
Step 3. Under PC Settings, select Real-Time Scanning. Navigate to Excluded Files and Folders, and click Add file.
Step 4. Choose the file you want.
Pick the Powerful Method
Have you restored the McAfee deleted files successfully? EaseUS Data Recovery is a reliable file recovery tool to fix it. If you have any questions about our guide, please send an email to [email protected] or contact our technical support team via online chat. Also, you can leave a message via Facebook.
Recover Deleted Files by McAfee Antivirus FAQs
There are some related questions and answers about McAfee. Read them one by one to get help.
1. How can I recover files deleted from virus protection?
Steps to recover Norton deleted files from virus protection:
- Start Norton, and go to find Advanced.
- Click Quarantine in the Computer Protection section to open the Security History window.
- Now, you'll see all the quarantined files and programs, right-click any one of them you want to recover.
2. Where do quarantined files go?
By default, the Windows Defender virus storage is located under the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Quarantine
3. What does McAfee Shredder do?
It securely deletes files that you no longer need and never want to be recovered. It deletes content from your disks and the area of the disk that previously contained your content.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Jean/Nov 29, 2022
Roxanne/Dec 06, 2022
Jean/Nov 29, 2022
Jean/Dec 05, 2022