You are trying to back up some files using your Seagate external Hard Drive, and the software warns you with a Seagate dashboard not working error. Even after running correctly, the application is not starting properly. This article will discuss the reasons and possible solutions to fix the Seagate dashboard not working with windows 11/10/8/7.
Seagate Dashboard is a free utility to protect and back up your computer and mobile phone data. This comes pre-installed with the Seagate external Hard Drive. Along with the free plan, it also includes Backup Plus and Central. The software helps the users back up their files continuously or schedule backups at regular intervals.
There could be four possible causes for the Seagate dashboard not working issue:
- Initial Job Pending
- Seagate Dashboard is stuck on backup.
- You are not the Administrator of the computer.
- Antivirus restricts the app from starting.
- The Seagate Dashboard installer not working.
How to Backup File on Seagate External Hard Drive(Easy!)
Are you looking for solutions on how to backup files to Seagate external hard drive? Then, stay tuned with us to seek two efficient and easy backup ways. Read more >>
We need to work around the potential reasons to revert to the Seagate dashboard not working error to fix the issue. Follow the below solutions to fit it.
A Quick Navigation:
- Solution 1: Create A Task in Task Scheduler
- Solution 2: Restart Your Computer
- Solution 3: Turn off Your Computer's Antivirus
- Solution 4: Back Up Seagate Hard Disk with EaseUS Todo Backup(HOT)
- If you don't want to try the solutions one by one, you can skip to solution 4, and try to back up files to Seagate external hard drive. EaseUS Todo Backup, the alternative to Seagate Dashboard, is a professional backup and restore software that allows you to create backups to Seagate hard drive with simple clicks. With a simple interface, it is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
If the task is not scheduled in the task scheduler, it will lead to an initial job pending error. You can try refreshing the application once. If the problem persists, you must create a task in the scheduler.
Step 1: To create a task in the task scheduler, you should check if a nji file with your username is created in the following location:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard 2.0\Files\
Check for a file with your user name nji (UserName.nji). You need to uninstall and reinstall the software if it is not created.
Step 2: If the nji file exists, open the computer manager, find the Task Scheduler, and select Create Task.
Step 3: This action selects 'New' put "C:\Program Files (x86)\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard 2.0\NBCore.exe" with quotes in Program Script.
In Add Arguments, you must put the location of the nji fileC:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Seagate\Seagate Dashboard
Whenever you are trying to start the first backup, there are instances where the dashboard freezes, so try restarting your PC to solve the Seagate dashboard not working issue.
Step 1: Restart your computer.
Step 2: Open the Seagate Dashboard and restart the backup.
Step 3: Close the program from the system tray, right-click on the Dashboard icon at the bottom right corner of your screen, and click Quit.
Step 4: Reopen the Dashboard and restart the backup.
There are chances that your PC's antivirus might consider the Seagate Dashboard application a threat and restrict it from opening, so temporarily disable your antivirus and see if it works.
Step 1: Search for Windows Security on your computer and open the app.
Step 2: Navigate to the computer Virus and threat protection in the options.
Step 3: Scroll down and click on Manage settings.
Step 4: Turn off the Toggle Button under Real-time protection to temporarily disable the Windows Defender Antivirus.
Try using the Seagate dashboard after this, if the problem persists, you can download the latest installer for the Seagate Dashboard application.
If the above fixes cannot get your Seagate Dashboard working normally, you should check the alternatives to back up your Seagate Hard Disk with similar or better features. In the plethora of online backup tools available, we have the best alternative for Seagate Hard Disk Backup in EaseUS Todo Backup.
EaseUS Todo Backup is a professional tool for efficient and secure data backup. It offers system backup, disk/partition, files, and many more services with advanced backup programs. The simple backup management with enhanced efficiency allows you to automatically scheduled backups at regular intervals. Along with these, the benefits also include cloning with a WinPE bootable USB disk. The best tool for backup services with an easy-to-use interface, even novice users can perform the whole process using the user guide in no time.
Key Features Of EaseUS Todo Backup:
- Award-Winning Automatic backup solutions for all situations.
- Reliable partition/disk cloning software for upgrades, backups, and disk duplications.
- Efficient and secure backup for disks, systems, and files.
- Intelligent backup to backup a section of hard disks.
- Offers multi-path and cloud storage up to 250GB of free cloud storage with the basic plan.
Download EaseUS Todo Backup, and use it to back up files with simple steps:
Step 1. To initiate a backup, click the Select backup contents option.
Step 2. There are four data backup categories, File, Disk, OS, and Mail, click File.
Step 3. On the left, both local and network files will be shown. You may extend the directory to pick the backup files.
Step 4. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose a location to store the backup.
Click Options to encrypt the backup with a password in Backup Options, then click Backup Scheme to specify the backup schedule and start the backup at a certain event. There are also other additional choices you may choose to tailor the backup process to your requirements.
Step 5. The backup may be stored on a local disk, EaseUS' online service, or NAS.
Step 6. EaseUS Todo Backup enables customers to back up data to a third-party cloud drive as well as its own cloud drive.
If you want to back up data to a cloud drive provided by a third party, choose Local Drive, scroll down to add Cloud Device, and then add and log in to your account.
You can also choose the EaseUS cloud drive. Sign up for an EaseUS Account, then click EaseUS Cloud and log in.
Step 7. Click Backup Now to begin the backup process. The backup job will be presented as a card on the left side of the panel after it has been finished. Right-click the backup job to handle it further.
There are several reasons why your Seagate dashboard is not working on Windows 10/11. The article tries to fix the Seagate dashboard not working issue by working around the causes to solve the issues. If the problem persists, you can download the EaseUS Todo Backup, the best backup alternative for Seagate Dashboard to backup your files and data.
If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends and leave a comment about it. If you have any queries regarding the topic, feel free to ask them in the comment box, and do let me know of the future issues you wish to see articles from EaseUS.
Here are some of the most frequent FAQs asked on the topic. If you have similar queries hope this will help you.
1. How do I restore my Seagate dashboard?
- 1. Connect your drive to the computer and let it detect it.
- 2. Launch the Seagate Dashboard application. On the Home Screen, select Restore and search for backups.
- 3. Now, you will be asked to select a file- Select the date you wish to restore and the data you want to restore.
- 4. Select the destination drive/folder you want to restore the data.
2. Why is my Seagate not being detected?
This happens for several reasons, and this could be due to incompatible software or system update. To fix this, you need to try basic troubleshooting steps like using a different port, cable, or computer.
3. How do I access my Seagate dashboard?
- 1. Double-click on the Seagate Dashboard icon on your computer.
- 2. Right-click the Seagate Dashboard icon in the system tray, and select Open Seagate Dashboard from the menu.
- 3. In the Start menu, click Seagate Dashboard.
4. How do I fix my Seagate external hard drive unresponsive?
To fix the unresponsive Seagate external hard drive, you can try these fixes:
- Plug the external hard drive into a different port.
- Remove and reinstall all the Seagate programs from your PC.
- Check antivirus and firewall software.
- Disable Microsoft OneDrive.
- Disable the fast startup.
Was This Page Helpful?
Updated by Larissa
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on computer issues.
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.