Windows 10 is a remarkable and ageless operating system. So, how do you download windows 10 ISO without tool?
People may not believe it, but it was more than seven years ago when Windows 10 was released. The operating system has undergone many uplifts, changes, and upgrades throughout this period. It has earned this Windows the title of the best operating system.
However, a common problem for those looking to install this operating system is downloading Windows 10 ISO without the tool. In this article, we'll explore a few ways you can work around that. So, let's dive right into it.
Windows 10 Media Creation tool is the official program by Windows/Microsoft to help you get going with a fresh install Windows 10. However, as remarkable as this tool is, it's not always reliable. In theory, it's the best tool there is to help you.
For instance, it helps you with the right options to download and install your ISO file, then loads it up on a boot device, such as a boot disk, to install it on your PC. While as easy as that may sound, underlying issues sometimes make this tool insufferable. This includes problems like:
- The download speed is questionable and can be an annoying thing to deal with.
- The tool offers no way of pausing or resuming downloads—you have to do it in one go.
- It's very slow, and people have even complained that it gets stuck on "Getting a few things ready" for hours.
- Every now and then, the Media Creation Tool will stop because of random or unwanted errors.
- Sometimes, it won't even start downloading because of a lack of administrator privileges for the user.
- Or, sometimes, it won't work or proceed with installation without any error, such as missing or corrupted files.
Therefore, when someone uses this tool, they might think it's loading, but it's doing nothing. Mainly because it won't give you any error that the files are missing or corrupted. That makes this tool a not-so-great option for downloading Windows 10 ISO.
In this section, we'll explore a few ways to help you rid yourself of the Window 10 Media Creation Tool and allow you to download Windows 10 ISO without any tool. These three methods are tried and tested by users around the globe.
So, follow each step correctly to download Windows 10 ISO without a tool. Here we go:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1: Download Windows 10 ISO via Google Chrome||The first fix or workaround for this issue is downloading...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Download Windows 10 ISO Using Microsoft Edge||In this fix, we're going to try something similar, but we're using...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Download Win 10 ISO Without Tool Using Firefox||In this final fix, we'll take the same steps with Mozilla Firefox...Full steps|
The first fix or workaround for this issue is downloading the Windows 10 ISO directly via Google Chrome. You might still be led to download the Media Creation Tool. However, to avoid that, you have to take a few extra steps to download the Windows 10 ISO smoothly. Here's how:
· Go to the Windows 10 download page on your Google Chrome browser.
· Press F12 To open Inspect Element section.
· Find the mobile icon in the top-middle section.
· Select iPad Pro.
· Press F5 to Refresh the page.
Once you refresh the page, you will be brought to the download page again. After doing this, close the inspect menu and follow these steps:
· Select the Windows 10 Multi-Edition ISO and click Confirm.
· Wait for the next options to load.
· Select English (United States) and confirm the download once more.
· Wait for it to validate your request.
· Select the 64-bit or 32-bit download according to your preference.
· Wait for the download to finish.
This will download the ISO to your computer without going through the painful steps of the Media Creation Tool. Therefore, ensure you follow these steps properly to download the ISO without using any other tool.
In this fix, we're going to try something similar, but we're using Microsoft Edge instead of any other browser. Therefore, ensure you follow these steps properly once more to download the Windows 10 ISO without prompting the Media Creation tool. Here's how:
· Head to the Windows 10 download page in Microsoft Edge.
· Right-click anywhere on the page and head to the bottom of the menu to click Inspect.
· Click on the Toggle Device Toolbar icon to prompt mobile devices.
· Under the Responsive mode section, pick a mobile phone device.
· If available, pick the iPad Pro once again.
· Refresh your page to save these settings.
Once again, it's important to note that you can pick any page mode you like. However, this method will grant you a full-scale page without losing any page space like in phones. Once done, here's what to do next:
· Click on Windows 10 Multi-edition ISO and Confirm.
· Then click on English (United States) and click Confirm once more.
· Wait for the validation process.
· Download either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 English version according to your needs.
· Wait for the download to finish.
This will start downloading your Windows 10 ISO directly and won't trigger the Media Creation Tool.
In this final fix, we'll take the same steps with Mozilla Firefox. By now, you know the drill is to trick the Windows website into thinking we're downloading it from any other device except a Windows PC. So, here's how to do that in Firefox:
· Head to the Windows 10 Download Page on your Firefox browser.
· Press F12 or right-click anywhere on the page, then select Inspect.
· Click on the Toggle Device menu icon.
· Then select iPad Pro.
· Refresh the page and close the inspection.
As you already know by now, this will trick the browser into loading the Windows 10 download page meant for mobile phones and other devices. Hence, it won't trigger Media Creation Tool. From here, you'll take the same steps as before, such as:
· Confirm Windows 10 Multi-Edition ISO download.
· Confirm the language to be United States English.
· Wait for it to validate your request.
· Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Windows 10 ISO.
And this is how you can download the Windows 10 ISO on Firefox without going through the Media Creation Tool.
There you have it, folks, the ways to download Windows 10 ISO without a tool. We explored a few viable options, enabling you to download Windows 10 without going through the painful and slow process of the Media Creation Tool.
Therefore, it's up to you to ensure that you follow these steps correctly to avoid any issues and download the Windows 10 ISO on your PC easily.
1: How do I download Windows 10 ISO only?
In this article, we explored three different ways that allow you to download Windows 10 ISO only. Therefore, pick the method according to your browser and download the Windows 10 ISO file alone.
2: Are Windows 10 ISO free?
Yes, Windows 10 ISO is free to download. However, you will still have to buy the license key to activate it after installation.
3: How do I make an ISO image bootable?
Using Rufus or any other media creation tool, you can make your ISO image bootable and copy it to your USB.
4: How do I know if my ISO is bootable?
Suppose you have downloaded the ISO to your computer. In that case, opening it with WinRAR or 7zip can help you explore the inside of the ISO file. If you have a folder named "boot" under there, it's a bootable ISO.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.