Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
There are a lot of unavoidable disasters that can lead to the loss of Word document - a hacker or virus attack, HDD corruption or power failure. An accident can also happen when you did not close the application properly. Word files may corrupt while transferring to file server or other places. Articles, reports, and graphics, which you spend hours with hard works can be very easy to lose.
Have you ever think that you lose your .docx or .doc documents by deletion or format? And do you know how to perform .docx/.doc file recovery to restore all lost Word files? Here are the methods to recover deleted and unsaved DOC/DOCX files.
If your .docx or .doc files get lost due to accident deletion, format, or virus attack, you should recover your lost DOC/DOCX world files. EaseUS data recovery software is one of the most popular tools for lost DOCX/DOC recovery. It recovers lost files easily and quickly with simple clicks. Download this free file recovery software and restore lost Word files now:
Step 1. Choose the Word file location
If it's on a USB flash drive or SD card, connect it to your computer first. Choose the hard disk drive or a specific folder and click the "Scan" button.
Step 2. Scan and select lost files
The software will start immediately scanning all lost data on the selected drive. After the scan, click "Filter", choose "Word" from the drop-down list, and click the tree view on the left side to navigate the wanted Word documents.
Step 3. Preview Word files and recover
You're allowed to double-click and preview a Word file if you have Microsoft Word application installed on your computer. Finally, select the desired Word file and click "Recover".
If you forget to save your days of hard work, it is very unpleasant and sad. But there are three possible ways to bring back these files in Word 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007.
Note: The following operations are performed on Word 2016 edition, if you have other questions, contact our support team.
Solution 1. Recover Unsaved DOCX/DOC from AutoRecover
1. Open the Word program, and click "File” > "Options".
On the left navigation pane, click "Save". Copy the AutoRecover file location path and paste it into File Explorer.
2. Scroll to the end of all recent documents and copy the .asd file.
3. Go to your Word app, click "File" > "Open" > "Recover Unsaved Documents" at the bottom.
4. Paste the copied .asd file into the File Name box popping up. Open the Word file recover it.
Solution 2. Recover from Temporary Files
You can find the unsaved DOCX/DOC files directly through the following path:
- For Windows 7 users: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\
- For Windows 8/10 users: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles\
Or you can follow the steps below to find them:
1. Open the Word program, and click the "File" tab; then, click "Info" > "Manage Document".
2. Click "Recover Unsaved Documents" from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the unsaved file and click the "Open" button. Then, on the pop-up window, choose "Save As" to store it to any place you like.
Solution 3. Recover DOCX/DOC from Document Recovery
If the Word or your computer suddenly crashes and the Word document is unsaved, you can recover the file from the Document Recovery feature of Word.
Also read: how to recover unsaved Word document on Mac.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More