Page Table of Contents
Hulu is among the most efficient streaming services that one can sign up for. It allows you and your family to access unlimited films and TV shows using your Hulu account. A unique feature of Hulu is that it allows you to create specialized profiles across different family members to enable them to view personalized recommendations and preferences.
This article will describe a Hulu profile, whether you can create more than one profile, and the ways to transfer to a new Hulu profile. We'll also outline how to transfer the Hulu app from one PC to another using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
A Hulu profile allows users to access one Hulu account and use different streaming services based on their preferences, histories, and recommendations. Hulu allows individuals to create personal profiles instead of viewing one screen for all movies and TV shows.
This implies that every family member can view their preferred movies and TV shows using the same Hulu account but have personalized recommendations on TV shows based on their profile. With an individual Hulu profile, you’ll have complete control over the “My Stuff” section that allows you to save a list of favorite shows and movies to watch in the future.
Yes, Hulu allows you to create more than one user profile. You can create up to six Hulu profiles for one account. Despite that, you’re only allowed a maximum of two simultaneous streams on one account. This restriction applies to the two basic account plans.
You'll need to pay an extra $9.99 to access the unlimited screens add-on every month provided by the Hulu Plus Live TV plan. This allows your family to stream unlimited devices within the same network simultaneously. The extra add-on comes with two major exceptions, however.
First, you’re only allowed to watch one channel for up to five devices within your home network. Second, if you exit your home network, you can only have simultaneous streams on a maximum of three mobile devices.
You may want to transfer to a new Hulu profile because the current profile isn't yours, or you want to save your history and preferences to the new profile. You can switch to a new Hulu profile using Hulu.com, the Hulu mobile app, or the Hulu TV app. Let's see how each method works.
1#. How to Transfer to a New Hulu Profile using Hulu.com
You can achieve this in the following steps:
1. Access your Hulu account on your PC’s browser.
2. Click on the accounts icon at the top of the page.
3. Select the new Hulu profile you want to use from the list of profiles displayed.
2#. How to Transfer to a New Hulu Profile using the Mobile App
You can switch to a new Hulu profile using the following steps:
1. Open the Hulu app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the account icon.
3. Tap on the new Hulu profile you want to switch to. You can then access Hulu features using the new profile.
3#. How to Transfer to a New Hulu Profile using Hulu TV App
You can use the TV app to switch to a new Hulu profile in the following steps:
1. Open the Hulu TV app.
2. Select and click on the account icon.
3. Select "Profiles" on the subsequent menu.
4. Scroll across the listed profiles and select the new profile you want to use. You’re now ready to use a new Hulu profile.
If you've installed the Hulu app on your computer and want to move it to another PC, the most recommended software to use is EaseUS Todo PCTrans. This transfer tool seamlessly migrates programs and their data between PCs.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans works on all Windows devices to give you the best experience moving large files that would have been difficult through other methods. In addition to personal data, the software tool allows you to transfer your Hulu preferences and settings to a new device.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
On the source PC, select "PC to PC" on the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans and move on.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"New" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
Aside from transferring Hulu app to a new computer, you can also apply this app to move other media player and downloads content to a new computer, such as to:
You'll have an easier time finding your histories or saved film shows. Regarding program and data transfer, EaseUS Todo PCTrans comes with the following advantages:
- No data loss. During the data transfer and migration process, EaseUS Todo PCTrans prioritizes the safety of your data to ensure no files are lost or corrupted. Since the process is automatic, you won't experience incidences of data losses expected when manually loading programs and data to another device.
- Simple and convenient. With its intuitive user interface, this software tool is easy to use. You won't need extra technical knowledge to transfer the Hulu app from one PC to another using EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- Faster transfer. Speed is another key advantage of the software. Since it allows one-click transfer, you can seamlessly move data and settings to a second computer. You can transfer large files within a shorter duration.
- Data recovery. EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows you to retrieve data from a dead or non-bootable PC. If your computer fails to boot, the software tool will enable you to transfer and access the data on another PC.
Hulu profiles enable multiple users to access the same account but view different features at a go. With Hulu, you can create up to six profiles for one account. You can then switch across these profiles anytime. The service will enable you to transfer to a new profile using Hulu.com, the Hulu mobile app, or the Hulu TV app.
You can then access your preferences, histories, and recommendations. If you want to transfer the Hulu app to a new PC, EaseUS Todo PCTrans is the best software to use. You'll need to install it on both computers to start. The software is simple to use, enables faster transfers, and has no room for data loss.
You can access the trial version of EaseUS Todo PCTrans here.
FAQs about Transfer Hulu Profile to New Device
If you have more questions about transferring Hulu profile to a new device, follow and find answers here.
1. How do I sync devices to Hulu?
- Launch and run the Hulu app on your phone, PC, or TV.
- Go to the Account page on Hulu.
- Find "Sync Watchlist to My Stuff" and click "Sync".
- Select "Sync" to confirm the operation.
2. How do I add another device to my Hulu account?
To add a new device to Huly account, follow the tips here:
- Launch Hulu App on a new computer.
- Select "Log In".
- Select "Activate on a computer...".
- Go to the Account page, find the "Watch Huly on Your Device", then click "hulu.com/activtae".
3. How do I switch Hulu profiles on my Samsung Smart TV?
- Run Hulu on your Samsung TV, and go to the Account section.
- Select "Profiles" from the menu.
- Select the referred profile.
About the Author
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More