Don't know what are the differences between Windows Home and Pro edition? Below picture will give you a brief introduction.
How to upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition? Without a key?
Not satisfied with installed Windows 10 Home edition on your PC? Are you trying to find a way to upgrade Windows 10 from Home edition to Pro edition for free?
Is it possible to free upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition without a key? Sure!
According to professional Windows tech support sites and managers, here on this page, we'll gather and show you two free methods to upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition without losing data and formatting.
Just follow and see how to free upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro with ease now.
Part 1. Extend system C drive and fix existing errors on Windows PC
Before you start Windows upgrade process, it's highly recommended for you to leave enough space in system C drive so to install new Windows 10 ISO image files.
Removing bad sectors or unknown file system errors is also highly necessary so to avoid unexpected Windows 10 update stuck or failure issue. partition manager software will effectively help with extending system C drive and repair bad sector error.
Here you may try EaseUS partition manager software for help:
Extend system C drive:
Option 1. Extend System C drive with unallocated space
- 1. Right-click on the System C: drive and select "Resize/Move".
- 2. Drag the system partition end into the unallocated space so to add it to the C: drive. And click "OK".
- 3. Click "Execute Operation" and "Apply" to execute the operations and extend the C drive.
Option 2. Extend System C drive without unallocated space
- 1. Right-click a big partition with enough free space on the system disk, select "Allocate Space".
- 2. Select the system drive at the Allocate Space From (*) To section, and drag the end of System C drive into the unallocated space. Click "OK" to confirm.
- 3. Click "Execute Operation", it will list the pending operations, and click "Apply" to save the changes and extend the C drive.
0:00-0:32 Extend System Drive with Unallocated Space; 0:32-1:00 Extend System Drive without Unallocated Space.
Repair bad sectors/file system errors:
Step 1. Right-click the target partition that has a problem.
Step 2. Choose "Advanced" > "Check File System".
Step 3. In the Check File System window, check the "Try to fix errors if found" option.
Step 4. Click "Start" to check errors on your partition.
Here is a list of the best data recovery software for Windows and Mac users. Use data recovery software to retrieve deleted or lost data quickly.
Part 2. Backup system and files before upgrade
In order to avoid data loss issue or system revert issue, it's highly recommended for you to backup Windows 10 system and data before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition. Professional Windows backup recovery software - EaseUS Todo Backup can help you do the job.
Part 3. Free upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition
After Step 1 and Step 2, you can now upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition with either method offered below.
Method 1. Manually upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro by upgrading Windows Store
1. Open Windows Store, log in with your Microsoft Account, click on your account icon and select Download and Updates;
2. Select Store, click Update under Store;
Wait for the Windows Store update process to complete.
3. After the update, search Windows 10 in the search box and click on it;
4. After this, click Install to upgrade your Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition.
5. Click Yes, let's go to confirm the upgrade process.
If the process is 100%, which means that it's almost done and you'll need to restart your PC manually when you receive Succeed message.
6. Go to Settings > Update & security > Activation to check if it is Activated. Usually, it would be activated. If not, purchase a key for the activation.
Method 2. Upgrade Windows 10 from Home to Pro edition without activation
1. Go to Settings > Update & security > Activation;
2. Click Go to Store > Click on Upgrade to Pro so to upgrade from Home edition to Pro edition;
You don't have to pay for an activation key right now, you can buy it later after the upgrade process.
3. Click Start upgrade when you see the features of Pro edition and click Yes, let's go to confirm.
4. Wait for the process complete at 100% and restart PC, then you'll get Windows 10 Pro edition upgraded and installed on your PC.
Now you can use Windows 10 Pro on your PC. And you may need to activate the system after 30 days free trial by then.
If you lost data after Windows 10 upgrade, you can restore it from backup images created before the upgrade.
If you want to revert to the previous system, you can try Windows revert access to downgrade Pro to Home edition or directly perform system restore to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home from system image created by EaseUS Todo Backup.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 11/10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes