No one wants to lose important data on the device. If that happens, don't panic, here is a list of Android data recovery apps that can help you get lost/deleted data back.
You can recover deleted/lost Android data in many different ways, of which the quickest and easiest is to use a third-party recovery app. Such a tool can scan your device, find the lost data, and then take them back to you with ease. If you want to know the basics behind the working of an Android data recovery tool, here is a brief explanation.
How Does an Android Data Recovery App Work?
Generally, the data you delete on your device isn't gone at all. They are just marked as "Empty" and stored somewhere you can't access. Over time, these data will be replaced by other newly added or downloaded files. That's why it is important to stop using your phone to store any new files. If you want to recover a file, don't delay. The sooner you take action, the bigger chances you can take lost data back.
To access and recover these lost data, you'll need an Android data recovery app to help. Such a tool can scan your hard drive, look for the deleted files, and finally take them back to you. But note that no data recovery software is perfect. If your data has been partially overwritten or completely erased, the chance of recovery is very low. Whatever the case is, there are some of the best Android data recovery apps that are worth a try.
Top Best 4 Android Data Recovery Apps
In this section, we'd like to introduce the best 4 recovery apps for Android, most of which do an excellent job in recovering files from Android. Now, you can use any of them to take your lost data back.
Top 1. EaseUS MobiSaver for Android
The first, as well as the most recommended recovery app, is EaseUS MobiSaver - a popular data recovery software for Android. It's very easy to use and has many outstanding features like easy to make a recovery, high recovery speed, secure without data loss, preview before recovering, etc. Below are some of its pros and cons.
- Recover data easily and safely
- Let you recover Android messages, contacts, videos, and more popular data
- Allow you to preview the recoverable data
- Compatible with almost all Android devices
- Can't recover data that is stored in your device's memory
- Can't recover files that have been rewritten
To use EaseUS MobiSaver for Android to recover data:
Step 1. Connect your Android phone to the computer > Launch EaseUS MobiSaver for Android > Click the "Start" button to proceed. Note: As the software can only access the rooted Android device, you need to make sure that your phone has been rooted before recovery.
Step 2. Then, this program will start to scan your device and find the lost data. You can easily find the lost files you want by choosing the correct file types.
Step 3. Preview the recoverable data and select the items you wish to recover, and then click the "Recover" button to get the selected files back once. Tips: you can turn on the "Only displayed deleted items" option to list the deleted files only.
Top 2. FonePaw
Our second recommendation is FonePaw, another data recovery app for Android that has the ability to recover call logs, contacts, call history, messages, and more data from Android devices. The best part of this tool is that it can recover data from your device's internal storage, SD card, and even SIM card. But this is only available on the paid version. Apart from that, it has many other pros and cons.
- Provides two intelligent data recovery modes
- Supports a wide range of file formats, such as Excel, Word, PPT, HTML, and more
- Applies to a lot of data loss situations, such as accidental deletion, SD issues, and virus attack
- Compatible with most Android devices
- The selective scanning process can be tedious and time-consuming
- It can't recover large files, especially those exceeding 2-3 GB
- It will take a lot of system resources while scanning your device
- It doesn't allow you to recover specific folders
Top 3. Stellar Data Recovery for Android
Stellar Data Recovery for Android is a comprehensive Android data recovery application designed to help its users recover call history, contacts, messages, documents, WhatsApp chats & media, and more from Android phones or tablets. It works well with all major Android phones like Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google, etc. Now, let's take a closer look at its pros and cons when it comes to recovering Android files.
- It can recover deleted and formatted data from Android internal memory
- It allows previewing recoverable files
- The cost is expensive
Top 4. Recuva
Recuva is our last recommendation of the best Android data recovery tools. It is free and easy to use. But unlike other Android data recovery software, Recuva only allows you to retrieve files stored on your memory card. If you want to retrieve data from an SD card, Recuva is enough. But if you want to recover files from your device's internal memory, you have to use other recovery tools instead.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Offer detailed instructions
- Let you recover various Android data
- You can't recover files from internal memory
- It doesn't allow you to preview the recoverable files
The Bottom Line
We hope the above Android data recovery apps help you recover your wanted data. To avoid data loss from happening in the future, we suggest you make a copy of your Android data regularly. If you want to add a security layer to your data, just install a data recovery program on your computer. Thus, whether you have backups or not, you can get the lost files back without worry.
Was This Page Helpful?