Table of Contents
VLC is a versatile media player that supports various formats and provides several customization options. However, you might have playback issues owing to frequent upgrades on YouTube's end or changes in VLC's settings. In addition, if your internet connection isn't up to pace, VLC may struggle to get YouTube content. If the YouTube video is in a format that VLC does not recognize, the link cannot play.
We have a few techniques to get you out of this pickle. This post will demonstrate how to repair VLC to play YouTube videos correctly. Quick remedies are available for playback-related issues, including audio synchronization and other playback-related problems. Therefore, let's begin debugging VLC to ensure a seamless YouTube viewing experience.
If you're facing the frustrating issue of VLC not playing YouTube videos despite trying various fixes, a powerful solution can come to your rescue - EaseUS Fixo Video Repair. This exceptional software is designed to fix various video playback issues, including VLC's inability to play YouTube videos.
With its user-friendly interface and reliable repair features, EaseUS Fixo Video Repair is a go-to tool for individuals experiencing video playback problems. Whether your YouTube videos are corrupted, damaged, or won't play on VLC, this software is here to help you repair the YouTube videos to enjoy your favorite content hassle-free. Suppose you've stumbled upon a fantastic tutorial on YouTube, but VLC decides to play hard to get.
- ✅That's where EaseUS swoops in with its magic wand. Whether your YouTube video suffers from pixelation, audio-video sync issues, or an outright refusal to play, this tool restores your viewing pleasure.
- ✅Its powerful algorithms dive deep into the video's core, detecting and rectifying corruption or errors that might have been causing VLC to give you the cold shoulder.
- ✅EaseUS Fixo Video Repair's reliability is its ace in the hole. It boasts impressive success in salvaging videos that might otherwise be considered lost causes.
Key Steps of EaseUS Fixo Video Repair
Step 1. Open Fixo on your local PC. Click "Video Repair" and add the corrupted MP4/MOV/AVI/MKV/3GP/FLV/MKV/WMV video files by clicking "Add Videos".
Step 2. Move the pointer to a video and click the "Repair" button to start the single video repairing process. If you want to repair all the videos, click "Repair All".
Step 3. Wait a few minutes, and the corrupted videos will be repaired. Click the play icon to preview the videos. You can save a single video by clicking the "Save" button next to the play icon. If you want to save all the repaired videos, choose "Save All".
Step 4. If the quick repair fails, you should utilize the advanced repair mode. Click "Advanced Repair" and add a sample video. Choose "Confirm" to ensure.
Step 5. A list of detailed information on corrupted and sample videos will show up. Click "Repair Now" to start the advanced video repair process. When the repair is complete, you can view the videos and click the "Save" button to save the repaired video files to an appropriate destination.
Many Windows 10/11 users have proved the efficacy of the tool. If you are interested in resolving the file repair, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms!
In addition to the powerful desktop software, EaseUS offers an online solution called EaseUS RepairVideo to fix VLC's inability to play YouTube videos. This convenient online tool addresses various playback issues and provides an efficient solution without downloading or installing any software.
Fix YouTube Videos Won't Play: 4 Ways
Are YouTube videos not playing on your Windows 11/10/8/7 computers? If the answer is YES, you can solve this problem now.
Whether you're experiencing video corruption, synchronization problems, or other playback errors on VLC, EaseUS RepairVideo is here to help you get your YouTube videos playing seamlessly in no time.
Upload your problematic YouTube video to the online tool, follow the instructions, and let EaseUS RepairVideo work its magic. Once the repair process is complete, you can download the fixed video and enjoy it seamlessly on VLC without any playback issues. Here are the detailed steps:
Step 1. Open EaseUS RepairVideo and Upload Problematic Video
Open EaseUS RepairVideo page: https://repair.easeus.com/, click "Update Video", or drag and drop a corrupted, broken, or not playing video to the right area to upload to EaseUS RepairVideo page.
Step 2. Enter a Valid Email Address and Start Repairing Video
Enter a valid email address and click "Start Repairing" to upload and repair the malfunctioning video.
Step 3. Wait for the Automatic Uploading and Repairing Process to Finish
EaseUS RepairVideo will automatically upload and repair the corrupted or broken video for you. You can leave the repairing page opened and continue doing other stuff.
Step 4. Enter Extraction Code and Download Repaired Video
When the repairing process completes, you can preview the video at the right pane. Also, you'll receive an email with a video extraction code.
Go and find the code, reopen the EaseUS RepairVideo page. Then click "Download Video" and enter the extraction code, click "OK" to start downloading the repaired video.
Key Features of EaseUS RepairVideo
- Effortlessly mend damaged MP4 and MOV videos for seamless playback.
- Repair video files under 100 MB in size with ease.
- Restore functionality to up to three videos each day.
- Specialized in repairing corrupted video files, ensuring optimal results.
If you're facing network issues that prevent VLC from playing YouTube videos smoothly, EaseUS RepairVideo can help fix HD videos with any underlying problems related to your internet connection. Sometimes, certain browsers may not be fully compatible with VLC, leading to playback errors. EaseUS RepairVideo can assist in resolving these compatibility issues.
Video corruption can be a frustrating experience, but there are steps you can take to minimize the chances of encountering this issue on your PC. Here are some valuable tips to help you avoid video corruption problems:
- Backup Your Videos - Regularly back up your important videos to an external or cloud storage device. This ensures that even if a video becomes corrupted, you have a secure copy to fall back on.
- Avoid Abrupt Shutdowns - Avoid abruptly shutting down your computer when watching or editing videos. Close any video playback or editing software and let your PC shut down gracefully. This helps prevent file corruption.
- Use Reliable Storage Media - Use high-quality and reliable storage media like SSDs or HDDs from trusted brands. Cheap or faulty storage devices, including video files, can lead to data corruption. Invest in reliable storage options to minimize the risk.
- Update Your Software - Keep your video playback and editing software current. Developers often release updates to address bugs and improve stability, reducing the chances of video corruption caused by software glitches.
- Scan for Malware - Regularly scan your PC for malware and viruses using reputable antivirus software. Malicious software can corrupt your video files and cause various other issues. A clean and secure system decreases the risk of video corruption.
VLC Not Playing YouTube Videos FAQs
If you still have some questions about VLC not playing YouTube videos, check the quick answers below to help yourself out:
1. How do I fix VLC not playing YouTube videos?
Open the VLC media player, go to Tools> Preferences> Input/Codecs. Under the Advanced section, set File caching to a higher value, such as 2000 ms or more. Next, change the "Networking caching" value to 1500. Click "Save", and you're all set.
2. How do I get VLC to play YouTube videos?
Having VLC play YouTube videos can sometimes be tricky due to compatibility glitches. Instead of directly pasting the YouTube URL into VLC, try using the "Open Network Stream" feature within VLC and paste the URL there. If this doesn't work, consider using EaseUS RepairVideo, an online tool designed to repair corrupted videos, as corrupted files can also contribute to playback issues.
3. How do I open a URL in VLC?
Launch the software to open a URL with the VLC Media Player and navigate to the "Media" tab from the top menu. From the drop-down option, select "Open Network Stream." After that, paste the video URL into the dialogue box and press "Play."
4. Why is my VLC not playing videos?
Several factors could lead to VLC not playing videos. It might be due to outdated software, missing codecs required to decode specific video formats, or hardware limitations. Start by ensuring your VLC version is up to date.
Encountering VLC's inability to play YouTube videos can be a frustrating experience. However, with the help of EaseUS RepairVideo and EaseUS Video Repair, you have powerful solutions at your disposal. EaseUS RepairVideo is a convenient online tool that can address various playback issues, while EaseUS Video Repair is a reliable desktop software with robust repair features.
Whether you prefer the online convenience of EaseUS RepairVideo or the comprehensive capabilities of EaseUS Video Repair, both tools are designed to help you overcome VLC's YouTube video playback problems. With just a few simple steps, you can repair corrupted videos, fix synchronization issues, and resolve other playback errors hindering your viewing experience.
Don't let video corruption and playback issues disrupt your enjoyment of YouTube videos on VLC. Download EaseUS RepairVideo or EaseUS Video Repair today and regain seamless playback on your favourite media player.
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.