Page Table of Contents
On this page, we'll be showing you the complete procedure of moving and transferring installed programs and data to another computer with reliable free PC mover software. Here is a list of Quick View on Transferring Programs to New Computer for free:
|3-5 minutes or more (depending on program size)
|Installed apps, programs, software, and games.
|Windows computer, PC mover software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans
Free PC Mover Software Overview and Download
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a free PC mover for Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP, and users can easily apply this software to transfer data, programs, user accounts, along with their settings, to new computers.
It offers three transfer modes to transfer files and programs from one computer to another:
- Transfer via network: You can transfer everything from the old computer to a new computer using a WiFi connection, including installed programs, files like music, documents, videos, photos, and user settings.
- Move applications locally: You can migrate programs from one drive/disk to another for different reasons. For example, move games from HDD to SSD to get a better game experience.
- PC transfer without internet: If your network connection is not stable, try to create a backup file of a program and transfer it to another computer with a USB or external storage device.
Guide 1: Transfer Programs to New Computer Free on Windows 11/10
EaseUS Todo PCTransfer allows you to transfer a copy installed to a new computer on Windows 11/10 with or without the internet. Here, we will show you how to transfer programs from one computer to another with a WiFi or LAN network connection.
Step 1. Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs
Download EaseUS Todo PCTrans and you will be in the PC to PC interface.
Step 2. Choose transfer direction - Old or New Computer
"This is New PC" - Transfer all data from remote old computer to current new computer.
"This is Old PC" - Transfer all data from current old device to a new computer.
Step 3. Connect two computers
1. Select your target PC to connect via its IP address or device name and click "Connect".
2. Enter the login password of your target PC and click "OK" to confirm.
If you didn't see the target PC in the listed devices, you can also click "Add PC" to manually connect the target PC by inputting its IP address or device name.
Step 4. Select apps, programs, and software and transfer to the target computer
1. You can select and choose what you want to transfer from the current computer to the target PC.
2. After selecting desired applications and programs, click "Transfer" to start the transferring process.
To migrate software from one computer to another without a network, check the detailed guide: Transfer Microsoft Office to Another Computer with a USB.
- EaseUS free PC mover allows you to migrate two applications to a new computer for free. If you want to transfer multiple apps, you'll need to upgrade to EaseUS Todo PCTrans for help.
Guide 2: Move Data from One Computer to Another with Free PC Mover
This part displays how to transfer data from one computer to another with EaseUS PC data transfer software. Follow the steps below to move files to a new PC or laptop.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your computers. Choose "PC to PC" to go to the next step.
Step 2. Make sure you have chosen the right transfer direction.
"New" - Move data from old computer to current new computer.
"Old" - Move data from current old n computer to remote new computer.
Step 3. Connect two PCs via the network by entering the password or verification code of the target PC. Besides, make sure you have chosen the right transfer direction and click "Connect" to continue.
The verification code is on the right top of the "PC to PC" main screen on the target computer.
Step 4. Then, choose "Files" to select files to transfer. Select the specific files as you want. What's more, you can click the Edit icon to customize the storage path for transferred data.
Step 5. Now, click "Transfer" to begin to transfer files from PC to PC. The size of the file determines the transfer time. Wait patiently.
Don't forget to share this article with other users who want to move data from one computer to another.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans - A Free and Reliable PC Mover
EaseUS free PC data transfer tool moves data, applications, and accounts between computers. If you want to replace your old computer, you can apply this software to get started with your new PC in a few clicks. EaseUS Todo PCTrans offers comprehensive solutions to transfer data and programs to a new computer without reinstalling.
FAQs About Transfer Programs to New Computer with Free PC Mover Software
Here, we also find some interesting topics about transferring programs; if you want to learn the details, follow and find answers here:
1. Can I perform PC-to-PC file transfer using software without a network?
Yes, sure. There are multiple ways that you can try to transfer files between computers without the network; here you can try:
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans with Backup and Restore feature
- Copy and transfer files using a removable USB or external hard drive
2. Can I transfer programs from PC to PC using Laplink PCmover for free?
No, you can't. PCMover from Laplink, for now, doesn't have any free edition for PC-to-PC file transfer. You'll need to pay for it. If you only want to transfer very free programs to a new computer for free, you can directly try EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free for help.
3. Is there any way to easily transfer files and programs to a new computer?
Yes, and here is a list of easy ways that you can take to try for transferring files and programs to a new computer:
- #1. For both file and program transfer, take EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- #2. For file transfer only, use an external hard drive or removable USB with Copy & Paste operation.
- #3. For the small size of data migration, the cloud drives or Email can all work.
About the Author
Sherly joined EaseUS in 2022 and she has always loved writing articles and enjoys the fun they bring. She receives professional training here, focusing on product performance and other relative knowledge. She has written over 200 articles to help people overcome computing issues.
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working at EaseUS for over ten years, starting as a technical writer and moving on to being a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over ten years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Reviews and Awards
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one. Read More
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with their software and code.Read More
It offers the ability to move your entire user account from your old computer, meaning everything is quickly migrated. You still get to keep your Windows installation (and the relevant drivers for your new PC), but you also get all your apps, settings, preferences, images, documents and other important data. Read More