Table of Contents
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. EaseUS Key Finder||Launch EaseUS Key Finder, and click "Windows Credentials" on the left pane...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Credential Manager||Open Control Panel using Cortana or search through the search bar...Full steps|
When using your Windows computer, you interact with tons of applications. Most of the applications on your computer or the web require some authentication. Usually, it's the password for authentication.
With tremendous amounts of growing applications, the possibility of losing or forgetting the password is real. So, you need help to find the Windows Credential passwords. The task may sound difficult, but in reality, it is much simpler than you think.
Our article enlists two simple methods to help you find Windows credential passwords. The first method uses EaseUS Key Finder software which is extremely reliable for this scenario.
The second method involves using Windows in-built tool that is Credential Manager. If you are unaware or haven't used any of the methods before, our article will help you. The upcoming sections will show what these methods are and how to use them. Let's begin!
The first method that can help you show Windows credentials password is using third-party software. You can easily see any forgotten or lost password with just simple clicks using the software. Let's see in detail about the software.
EaseUS Key Finder
EaseUS is a well-known and reliable brand, and therefore its software EaseUS Key Finder is written here.
EaseUS Key Finder is a tool that can help you get any product key or credentials from your Windows system. It works by scanning your storage drive and finding the product key or any stored password or credentials easily.
The software is available to download for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server. You can also try its free trial version before buying its premium version.
You can easily find Windows credentials using EaseUS Key Finder by performing simple steps. However, apart from that, the software also provides some other features that can be helpful. Let's see the features provided by EaseUS Key Finder below:
- Best Key Finder: EaseUS Key Finder can easily scan your PC and retrieve your Windows System product keys and product keys for tons of application software. Also, you can easily see passwords from the web, WiFi, and Windows credentials.
- Backup for Activation Keys: To be on the safe side, you can always store all your password in a single document. The EaseUS Key Finder also provides backup for activation keys.
- Scan and Recover from Dead Disks: If your HDD or SSD is unbootable, then that doesn't mean you have lost your credentials or product keys from them. EaseUS Key Finder also helps to find keys from dead or unbootable disks.
- 24/7 Technical Support: The software comes with excellent technical support. You can get in touch with their professional any time to resolve your queries.
- Try before you Buy: EaseUS Key Finder comes with a free trial.
Steps to use EaseUS Key Finder
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Key Finder, and click "Windows Credentials" on the left pane.
Step 2. Now, you can check all available Windows Credential addresses with respective user names, and passwords.
You can click "Copy", "Print", or "Save" these Windows Credentials' accounts and passwords at one time.
- Trusted and reliable brand.
- 100% guarantee to find the Windows credentials.
- Completely safe to use.
- The user interface is simple and easier to learn for beginners.
- Few clicks to required to use the software.
- Limited use for the free version, so you have to buy the premium version.
If you do not wish to download any external tool, you can also use Windows built-in tool to view Windows stored credentials. Let's see below how you can do that.
Windows Credential Manager
Windows credential manage is a built-in tool that comes with your installed Windows operating system. It keeps track of your saved passwords, login credentials, and web passwords.
The tool becomes useful when you forget any password. It easily helps you to know your credentials without much of a hassle. Let's see below the steps to use this software.
Steps to use Windows Credential Manager
Step 1: Open Control Panel using Cortana or search through the search bar.
Step 2: Open User Accounts from Control Panel.
Step 3: From User Accounts, select Credential Manager.
Step 4: Explore Web Credentials or Windows Credentials through Credential Manager.
Web credentials hold all the saved passwords from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. At the same time, Windows Credentials shows you the authentication details.
By clicking on any options, you can easily see the passwords by pressing the Show button.
Note: Windows prevent users from seeing password without authentication. When you click on the show button, a pop-up will appear asking you to identify yourself. The identification method depends on how you use the system. Usually, you have to enter a password, give the fingerprint, or face scan.
- Built-in tool and does not require any 3rd party installation
- Free to use because it does not have any premium version.
- Automatically manages the passwords for you.
- It does not guarantee to show every password.
- "Windows Credential Manager not showing password" has been reported by its users.
- Not available for all Windows versions.
Passwords are a great way to protect data and secure it from unauthorized users. But, you can sometimes forget your password. You can not access the system without a password and hence be worse.
Therefore, whenever you forget credentials in Windows, you can easily see them. Windows keep track of your saved password through its tool known as Credential Manager. But, it does not work on every Windows version and does not guarantee saving passwords.
Therefore, the most recommended way is to use EaseUS Key Finder software. It helps you to show Windows credentials easily within just a few clicks. Also, it is recommended because it gives you activation backup, 24/7 tech support, and many other features.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 10 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions to resolve Windows & Mac data recovery, data backup, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
About EaseUS Key Finder
EaseUS Key Finder offers complete solutions for you to efficiently find Windows or Windows Server product keys, discover Offce, Adobe, and other installed software serials, and find WiFi codes, etc, successfully in simple clicks.