- Windows 10 20H2 October Update Rolls Out:
- Starting October 20, Microsoft is making the newest Windows 10 October Update with its new features available for mainstream users to install.
- If you haven't received it yet, you can manually download it from a variety of channels.
- To install the latest Windows 10 20H2 update, click to Download Latest Windows 10 Update from Microsoft official site.
Windows 10 Keeps Restarting After the System Update, How to Solve This Issue
"My computer keeps restarting after Windows 10 update. I've tried to force my computer shut down several times. But when the computer won't allow me to log in but keep rebooting. I'm now stuck with this issue on my computer, can you help me fix it?"
"It seems that Windows 10 is having a boot loop that it keeps rebooting after the system update. I cannot stop the computer from continuously restarting. This is crazy and can anyone of you help me to stop this process? Help me please."
Don't worry about having Windows 10 reboot loop or computer keeps restarting after system update anymore. Right now, you can find effective methods right here to fix Windows reboot loop, or computer keeps restarting error with ease now.
🧑💻Read Also: Fix Windows 10 Boot Loop
Quick Fix Windows 10 Reboot Loop/Keeps Restarting Error
Boot the computer from Safe Mode and cancel Automatically Restart
- Continuously press F8 before Windows logo appears;
- Release F8 until the boot menu shows up and choose Safe Mode;
- Boot the computer from Safe Mode and go to search after Windows boot up;
- Type: sysdm.cpl and open sysdm.cpl;
- Click "Advanced" > "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery";
- Uncheck "Automatically restart";
- Click "OK" and reboot the computer.
Note: These methods may not solve your problem directly, but if you have some urgent issue with your computer, you may try this first. After trying the quick fixes, you can follow below two methods to fix Windows 10 reboot loop issue right now.
Method 1. Fix Windows 10 Reboot Loop by Booting PC from the Bootable Disk
When Windows 10 keeps restarting, you can directly get this issue solved right now with a Windows bootable disk. You can create a bootable disk with a healthy computer with Windows 10 with the help of professional partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master.
Then you can be able to boot and run the computer from the bootable disk and fix errors that cause the Windows reboot loop on your computer. You can free download EaseUS Partition Master to fix Windows 10 reboot loop from the bootable disk right now:
After this, try to reboot your computer to see if the Windows 10 reboot loop has been removed or not. If not, you can continue to use EaseUS Partition Master with its Rebuild MBR feature to repair MBR on your PC if the system disk is MBR.
Method 2. Stop Windows 10 Continuously Reboot by Removing the Bad Registry Entry
- To remove bad registry entries on Windows 10 may cause some unexpected data loss or programs function error on your PC. Please boot your PC into the Safe Mode, backup important data and " style="text-decoration-line: underline; outline: 0px;">create a system image before taking action with below tips.
- Type: regedit in Start > go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList;
- Back up your registry key in case of any unexpected errors (with "ProfileList" highlighted, click "File" and "Export" and choose a backup name);
- Scan through the "ProfileList" IDs and delete any with "ProfileImagePath" found in it as it shouldn't be there;
- Close "regedit", reboot, and the Windows 10 reboot loop error will be removed.
Now that you can restart your computer smoothly without any further Windows 10 boot issue on your PC.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cici is the junior editor of the writing team of EaseUS. She accepted the systematic training on computers at EaseUS for over one year. Now, she wrote a lot of professional articles to help people resolve the issues of hard drive corruption, computer boot errors, and disk partition problems.
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.