"How many of you are using Internet Explorer 11 on your PC? Do you know how to repair IE browser when it crashes in Windows 10?
I'm now having this issue that the browser keeps crashing when I tried to open it again and again. Internet Explorer reinstallation cannot even solve this problem.
What can I do? Help!"
When Internet Explorer crashes, freezes or stops responding in your PC, don't worry. This article will provide you 5 effective methods to help you effectively fix Internet Explorer not working, crashing issue and just follow to repair IE browser in Windows 10/8/7 with ease now.
Method 1. Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter
1. Press Windows key on the keyboard > Type: troubleshooting and select the topmost search result.
2. Click View all > Select Internet Explorer Performance > Advanced > Apply repairs automatically.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for the process to complete.
Then you can check whether the crashed IE browser can work or not.
Method 2. Scan and repair bad sectors
Option 1. Repair bad sectors with partition manager software
EaseUS partition manager software allows you to effectively repair bad sectors in Windows system that stops IE from working:
Step 1. Right-click the target partition that has a problem.
Step 2. Choose "Advanced" > "Check File System".
Step 3. Confirm if you want to hide the partition or not.
Step 4. In the Check File System window, check the "Try to fix errors if found" option.
Step 5. Click "Start" to check errors on your partition.
Option 2. Run SFC command to repair corrupted system files to make IE work
1. Right-click Start > Select Command Prompt (Admin);
2. Type:sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
Method 3. Disable Add-ons in Internet Explorer
1. Run Internet Explorer > Click Manage Add-ons on Tool menu;
2. Click the name of add-on and click Disable to disable all add-ons and close the Internet Explorer;
3. Restart IE browser to see if the problem has been fixed or not;
If not, continue below steps:
4. Click Manage Add-ons in Internet Explorer tool menu > Click and disable one add-on at a time;
5. Restart the Internet Explorer to check if the problem has been fixed;
6. Next time, enable the previously disabled add-on and disable another different add-on till IE browser crashing problem gets fixed.
Method 4. Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
1. Open Internet Explorer > Tool > Click Internet Options to open Internet Options box;
2. Go to Advanced > Click Reset to open Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog;
3. Click Reset and wait for the system to change IE browser to default settings.
4. Close the dialog and restart Internet Explorer browser to apply all changes.
Method 5. Update Internet Explorer to the latest version
When Internet Explorer is outdated, you may not be able to continue using it to search wanted answers online. Therefore, update Internet Explorer to the latest version can also repair and fix IE browser crashing, not responding or freezing issue in your IE browser:
For Windows 10/8 users:
1. Open Start by pressing Windows key > Type: check for updates and press Enter.
2. On Windows Update or Update status screen> Click Check for updates to look for available updates for Internet Explorer.
For Windows 7 users:
1. Click on Start to open Start menu > Type: windows update and hit Enter.
2. On Windows Update screen, click Check for updates to find the available update for IE browser by then.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy became a member of the EaseUS content team in 2013. Being a technical writer for over 10 years, she is enthusiastic about sharing tips to assist readers in resolving complex issues in disk management, file transfer, PC & Mac performance optimization, etc., like an expert.
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.