Microsoft released four builds of Windows 10 cumulative updates - 1809(17763.316)/1803 (17134.590)/1709 (16299.967)/1703 (15063.1631)/1607 (14393.2791)/1507(10240.18132) on February 13th, 2019. These updates are now available for all Windows users to free download and install on their PC now. If you are looking for access to download the latest update of Windows 10 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607/1507, here below you'll find direct download links for new Windows 10 cumulative updates.
If you fail to install new updates of KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 in your PC, relax and we have found effective methods for you to fix this issue without losing any data.
Backup system and data before downloading new Windows 10 updates
In order to avoid data loss issue or any system error while installing Windows 10 1809(17763.316)/1803 (17134.590)/1709 (16299.967)/1703 (15063.1631)/1607 (14393.2791)/1507(10240.18132) on your PC, it's highly necessary to create a system image and data backups in advance.
Professional Windows backup recovery software - EaseUS Todo Backup is a highly recommended system backup software for you to free backup Windows 10 with simple clicks.
1. Free download and install EaseUS Todo Backup in PC. Connect an external storage device to the computer.
2. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and click "File Backup" "Disk/partition Backup" or "System Backup".
3. Choose data and specify the external hard drive as the backup destination, click Proceed to start backup data.
After backing up the Windows system and important personal data, you can now directly download and install Windows 10 with KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 on your PC now. No data loss error will occur.
Fix Windows 10 17763.316/17134.590/16299.967/15063.1631/14393.2791/10240.18132 failed to install error
If you are having Windows 10 update stuck error with latest OS builds or you failed to install Windows 10 1809/1803/1709/1703/1607/1507, just relax and you may follow below-offered methods to fix these problems with ease.
Method 1. Troubleshoot Windows 10 failed to install error
You can follow the below steps to directly run Troubleshoot to fix Windows update KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018 fail to install error:
- Type: troubleshooting in the search > Go to System and Security > Tap Fix problems with Windows Update.
- Tick Advanced > Enable and check Apply repairs automatically.
- Tap: Run as administrator (you may have to enter your passcode first) > Then click Next to finish the process.
Method 2. Reset Windows Components if Windows 10 17763.316/17134.590/16299.967/15063.1631/14393.2791/10240.18132 update failed
1. Press Windows + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Stop BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and the Windows Update Services.
Then type the below commands at the Command Prompt and hit Enter after you type each command:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Cartoot2 folder. Then type the following command in the Command Prompt and press Enter after each type:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
4. Type Exit at the Command Prompt and restart PC.
After this, you may retry to install Windows 10 new updates in your PC with new features.
Method 3. Fix file system error and clean install Windows 10 update with KB4487044/KB4487017/KB4486996/KB4487020/KB4487026/KB4487018
File System error check will find and fix all system errors and Windows update problems for you.
- Press Windows + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type: cd\ and hit Enter.
- Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait patiently to let the check file system process complete, then Windows 10 updates fail to install issue will be repaired.
After this, you can then click the above-offered Windows 10 update links to clean install them on your PC.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 11/10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes