Table of Contents
Change/Switch Android Phone without Losing Data
Are you looking for a way to transfer data from old Android phone to a new phone? Need a highly efficient way to move and migrate data to new Android device when you are changing phones? Here in this article, you’ll find 3 effective methods to change or switch Android phone without losing any data by powerful Android data recovery software, Google Drive or G Cloud.
What to do when you need to change a new Android phone?
Transfer data to new Android phone, how?
Your Android phone is getting slower and old to respond when you make any operations on the phone? Are you planning to change a new phone? Don't know how to keep the old phone data and transfer to new Android device?
If you are having this problem, you are at the right place now. Here below, we'll show you how to effortlessly move and migrate old Android phone data including contacts, SMS, photos, call log or videos etc into new phone with ease. You may follow any one of the offered methods to get your problem fixed and change a new device to use now:
Tip: If you don't have a Google Drive account, or don't have G Cloud, you may follow Method 1 to move Android data now.
Method 1. 3 steps to transfer old Android phone data to new one
Powerful Android data transfer software - EaseUS MobiSaver for Android is designed for great Android users to protect their data security on Android devices. This software allows you to effortlessly restore or transfer Android phone within 3 simple steps. You can free download it and install it on your PC and follow below steps to transfer & migrate Android data to new device now:
Step 1. Root old Android phone and connect phone with PC;
In order to let EaseUS MobiSaver for Android effortlessly read and transfer data, please root your device first;
Then connect the phone with PC so to let EaseUS Android data transfer tool access to the saved data.
Step 2. Export/transfer Android data to PC with EaseUS MobiSaver;
Your next move is to apply EaseUS MobiSaver for Android read and transfer your data from old Android phone to PC:
1. Connect your Android phone to computer;
Install and run EaseUS MobiSaver for Android and connect your old Android phone to the computer with USB cable.
Then click "Start" button to let the software recognize and connect your device.
NOTE: As the software can only access the rooted Android device, you need to make sure that your phone has been rooted before recovery.
2. Scan Android phone to find all present and lost data;
After connected your Android phone, the software will quickly scan the device to find all the existing and lost data including data. You can easily find contacts, SMS, call log, photos etc data you want by choosing the correct file types.
3. Preview and transfer data from Android phone to PC;
Preview all found files one by one and then you can select out data you want to transfer.
Finally, you can click "Recover" button to transfer and restore the selected data to PC once.
Step 3. Import and save data into new Android phone/tablet
- Connect your new Android phone with PC via USB cable;
- Allow the computer to access new Android phone;
- Move and copy old Android phone data such as contacts, SMS, photos or videos etc into new phone.
- Reboot PC and use old Android data on new phone without any problems.
Method 2. Use Google Drive to transfer Android data to new phone
If you have Google Drive account, you can also choose to backup your personal data into Google Drive and restore to new Android phone with below steps:
Step 1. Configure backup option on Android phone;
- Go to Settings on Android phone/tablet > Press Backup & reset in Personal section;
- Check the box next to Back up my data;
Step 2. Configure Google account will be used for backup;
- Click Backup account > Select Google account by clicking on it or add a new one by clicking Add account;
Step 3. Sign in Google account and select wanted data to backup now;
After this, you can selectively choose wanted data on old Android phone to back up to Google Drive.
Step 4. Repeat the above steps and select backups on Google Drive to restore to new Android phone.
Method 3. Let G Cloud to migrate/move data to new Android device
G Cloud is more like an app which allows you to save your data online for free including contacts, call log, SMS, photos, videos etc. If you have G Cloud installed on your old phone, just follow to migrate data to new Android phone now:
- 1. Download and install G Cloud on both phones;
- 2. Launch the app on old phone to start the configuration process;
- 3. Click New User and create a new account on G Cloud Backup > Enter a valid e-mail address and password and click Sign up;
- 4. Confirm you have correctly spelled your email and click Proceed;
- 5. Select data need to be backed up by checking the appropriate boxes and click Done;
- Then G Cloud will copy your data to the created account and just wait to let the backup process finished.
- 6. On the new Android phone, install G Cloud and launch the app;
- 7. Click Existing user / Restore and enter your username with email address and password;
- 8. Click Restore and check the boxes that you want to restore to new Android phone and click Restore to start the recovery process;
- 9. Click OK when the backup restoring process is accomplished.
Was This Page Helpful?