Table of Contents
Do you have back and white old photos? With the limitation of photography technology, people can only take photos in black and white colors. Nowadays, more and more people want to colorize photos to restore the actual scene when taking these photos. How are some situations you may want to colorize black-and-white photos in Photoshop:
- 📚Restore history. Some old photos contain history information more than personal information. Colorized these photos can also restore history.
- 🏞️Make photos more visual. Colorful photos can show more details than black-and-white photos.
- ☺️Build an emotional connection. Colorized photos can make viewers cross the gap between the past and present.
Many users will choose a professional photo editor to colorize black and white photos, and Adobe Photoshop can perform better but a little bit more complex. You can turn to the second method to colorize black and white photos automatically with the EaseUS photo restoration tool.
|Time: 10 Mins
We will show you detailed tutorials on colorizing black-and-white photos in Adobe Photoshop. You should scan old photos into digital versions if your photos are printed out.
Step 1. Open the old photo in Adobe Photoshop, and click Image > Mode > RGB color. RGB color model will provide an advanced color range and simplify colorizing photos.
Step 2. Then, click Filter > Neural Filters > Colorize. If it is the first time to use colorize filter in Photoshop, you need to download it first.
Step 3. If you have downloaded the Colorize Filter, ensure you have enabled it, and you'll preview the colorized photos on the left side of the window.
Step 4. You can scroll down to check the advanced settings to adjust detailed colors. It is possible to adjust the saturation of each color and reduce the noise.
Step 5. You can also change the color by selecting a specific area, like clothes, hair, cloud, or grass.
Step 6. After editing the old photos, you should save the photo after choosing the output format. We recommend choosing the "Smart filter" because this will not cover the original black-and-white photos.
If you have colorized black-and-white photos with Adobe Photoshop, you can share the detailed tutorial with more users!
|Time: 5 Mins
Adobe Photoshop has many features that can help users with professional image processing skills edit photos better. For users who don't have rich experience with image editing, downloading old photo restoration software should be a good choice.
EaseUS Photo Enhancer can help you solve many image problems, and you can download this software by clicking the following button:
What can this program do? We organize the main features of EaseUS Photo Enhancer below:
- Unblur pictures. Photos may become blurry after downloading, and EaseUS Photo Enhancer can enhance the photos and make them look clearer.
- Colorize photos. You can colorize black-and-white photos or correct the wrong colors of the pictures with the EaseUS photo enhance tool.
- Sharpen Images. This software can make fuzzy photos become clearer by sharpening them.
You can follow the steps below to colorize old photos:
Step 1. Open EaseUS Enhancer and Upload Images
Open EaseUS Photo Enhancer web page: https://repair.easeus.com/photo-enhancer/. Click the plus button in the middle to upload images you want to enhance. (You can also drag photos to the box directly.)
Step 2. Click Open and Start Repairing Video
After the File Explorer window pops up, select the photo and click "Open" to upload and enhance with EaseUS Photo Enhancer. You can easily unblur images, restore old photos, colorize black and white photos with this online tool.
Step 3. Wait for the Automatic Enhance Process and Download Photo
EaseUS Photo Enhancer will automatically repair and improve image quality, and the photo processing will last a few seconds. After that, you can freely preview the enhanced pictures, and click "Download" to save it.
We will be grateful if you can share this page to let more users know about EaseUS Photo Enhancer!
Colorize Photos FAQs
You can learn more information about colorizing photos in this part:
1. How to colorize photos in Adobe Photoshop?
You'll need some simple steps to colorize photos in Adobe Photoshop:
- 1. Click Image > Mode > RGB color.
- 2. Click Filter > Neural Filters > Colorize. If you don't have this filter, download it first.
- 3. You can preview the colorized photos on the left side of the window.
- 4. Scroll down to check the advanced settings.
- 5. Save the photo in a Smart filter type.
2. What is the best old photo restoration software in 2023?
The following programs are the best old photo restoration software in 2023:
- 1. EaseUS Photo Enhancer
- 2. Adobe Photoshop CC
- 3. Image Colorizer
- 4. inPixio Photo Studio Pro 12
- 5. PhotoWorks
- 6. PhotoGlory Pro
- 7. GIMP
- 8. Luminar Neo
3. Why can't I download the colorize filter in Photoshop?
It may be because of some unknown software conflicts, and you can fix this problem by reinstalling Adobe Photoshop on your computer.
4. How to convert black and white photos to color?
You can use Adobe Photoshop to convert black and white photos to color or use other reliable old photo colorizing programs, such as EaseUS Photo Enhancer.
If you are familiar with Adobe Photoshop and know many advanced image processing skills, using Photoshop's color filter to colorize photos should be your first choice.
If your photo editing experience is limited, try EaseUS Photo Enhancer to make black-and-white photos colorful and come to life!
Was This Page Helpful?
About the Author
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.