Repair Recovered Files from Formatted Partition Have Scrambled Text

While reinstalling Windows, I formatted a disk. I later retrieved several necessary text files from that drive, but they all displayed garbled text. How can these files be fixed?

Best Answered by

Dany· Answered on Feb 22, 2023

You have three methods to recover or repair these files: using a repair tool, restoring files from backups, or changing the files' format:

1. You have tried Recuva free version to recover your files, but the files are all corrupted/damaged or show some scrambled texts. Maybe you should try another recovery tool and see whether your files can be recovered and opened. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a trustworthy program that can recover and repair corrupted files on Windows. All the files, including PDF, Word, and PPTs, can be repaired.

2. Do you have any backup programs on your computer? They will automatically back up your data, and if you don't have any tools, you can check Windows Backup and Restore option. This built-in backup utility will also back up your Windows automatically. Connect your external hard drive that keeps your backups in, and type in Control Panel in the search box. After opening the Control Panel, click "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)". Choose a different location to restore data to, and decide which backup you want to restore.

3. The last method is changing the files' format. If you opened a recovered Word or Excel and cannot find any useful data on it, pick an Excel format (.xls or.xlsx) from the "Save As" menu. The damaged Excel file will then be repaired.

If none of these methods work for you, it will be wise to find a recovery expert or order a recovery service from the internet. This expert or professional team will recover and repair your files from the formatted partition.

Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.

Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.

People Also Ask

DJI File Recovery from Accidentally Formatted Internal Memory

How to recover DJI files from formatted internal memory? If you didn't back up your images or other essential files to the SD card, you could use third-party data recovery software to retrieve your data from an SD card formatted as internal storage of DJI devices.


Mar 10, 2023

How to Save Documents and How to Repair Word Documents Online

How to recover and repair corrupted Word files online? This post shows you several popular online Word document repair tools. You can repair corrupted Word documents online with ease,


Mar 10, 2023

How to Recover Data from Formatted Partition on Windows 10

It's vital to be clear about what to do after formatting a partition by mistake. This article will guide you on immediately recovering all formatted data in Windows 10.


Mar 31, 2023

Can't Delete Files or Format My SD Card When It's Not Locked

When you cannot delete files on an SD card, it means your SD card is locked or under protection. You can fix this problem by reading the passage below, and we will provide some methods.


Mar 09, 2023

How Can I Recover Lost MRW Files on Windows OS

Whenever your image files, including PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, SVG, MRW, etc., become RAW, you can get them back with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This RAW recovery software can restore data from any storage media like a flash drive, external hard drive, etc.


Feb 27, 2023

Recover Data from Formatted Bitlocker Encrypted Data Partition

After formatting the Bitlocker encrypted data partition, you can still recover your data from this formatted partition. If you don't know the Bitlocker password, you need to find it first and use the data recovery tool.


Feb 22, 2023