Computer or laptop gets stuck on "Repairing disk error" while booting? Laptop or PC stuck on the booting screen with "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" message? You wait and wait, and it turns out that nothing changed? Relax! Don't let this annoying problem bother you anymore. Here now in this article, we'll provide you with practical and powerful solutions and fixes to quickly fix Windows 10, 8 or 7 stuck on repairing disk error. You may follow any one of the below-offered tips or fixes to get your problem solved now.
Note: If you are not familiar with computer administrating jobs or computer repairing stuff, please follow method 1 to get your problem solved and rescue your computer from Windows stuck on 'repairing disk' error.
Windows fail to boot or gets stuck with 'Repairing disk errors' message, it means that something was wrong on the boot disk which leads system unable to boot from the disk. When such a problem occurs, the best choice is to create a WinPE bootable disk from another healthy computer and let the bootable disk to restore Windows 10/8/7 into a healthy state so to fix the stuck error.
To create a bootable disk, you may turn to professional partition manager software for help. Here you may try EaseUS Partition Master which allows you to create a bootable disk, reboot Windows from the bootable disk and even help to fix Windows repairing disk error without losing any data.
Just follow below steps to create a new bootable disk and fix Windows stuck on 'Repairing Disk error' now:
Step 1. Right-click the target partition that has a problem.
Step 2. Choose "Advanced" > "Check File System".
Step 3. Confirm if you want to hide the partition or not.
Step 4. In the Check File System window, check the "Try to fix errors if found" option.
Step 5. Click "Start" to check errors on your partition.
You can also apply EaseUS Partition Master with its check partition feature to fix disk/system errors in the Windows system.
Note: If you lose some important files or data in the system partition after fixing Windows stuck on 'Repairing disk error', relax, and you can apply professional data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to restore all your lost data with ease.
When your computer or laptop gets stuck on 'Repairing Disk errors', you may try restart PC or laptop from Safe Mode with networking. Here below are the detail steps.
- Restart PC: hold "Shift" and select "Power" when sign-in screen show up > "Restart";
- After PC/laptop restarts to "Choose an option screen", select "Troubleshoot" > "Advanced options" > "Startup Settings" > "Restart";
- After PC/laptop restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 to start PC from Safe Mode with Networking.
System Restore is a way to undo system changes with restore point that you've created so to return system files and settings to an earlier point without losing personal data. If Windows PC or laptop cannot start, you can use installation or recovery media to enter startup settings.
Let's see how to fix Windows stuck on 'Repairing Disk errors' with system restore now:
- Create installation media with a USB drive: you can go to Microsoft to download a media creation tool (for Windows 10) or Windows 8/7 installation packs;
- Insert USB drive or DVD into PC or laptop and restart it;
- Set Windows to boot from a drive and you can change the boot order in BIOS.
- On the Install Windows screen, select "Repair your computer".
- On the "Choose an option" screen, select "Troubleshoot" > "Advanced option" > "System Restore".
All you need is to wait patiently to let Windows restore to a healthy state and then all problems including Windows stuck on 'Disk Repairing' error will all be fixed.
To fix Windows 10/8/7 stuck on 'Repairing Disk' error by performing the automatic repair, you need an installation disk or USB, and you can create a media creation tool for Windows 10/8/7 before starting automatic repair.
- Boot PC or laptop from the installation media: When Windows show manufacturer logo, press F12 to enter boot menu and set PC or laptop to boot from the installation tool. If you cannot find the boot menu, restart PC/laptop and press Boot menu option key when Windows logo shows up; and set system to boot from CD/DVD ROM;
- When a gray text shows up on a black screen, telling "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press any key;
- Select the correct time and Keyboard type;
- Click "Repair your computer" in the lower left corner;
- Click on "Troubleshooting" > "Advanced option" > "Automatic repair".
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes