Office 365, 2016, 2013 Won't Open in Windows 10 with 'Stopped Working' Error Message
According to Microsoft community and Google searching result, it seems that it's not a new problem for Windows users that Offices won't open after Windows 10 update with an 'Office stopped working' error message.
If Microsoft Office 365, 2016 or 2013 has stopped working or cannot open normally, you may not be able to work or modify Word document or edit Excel files by then. So how to fix this issue and make Office work again in Windows 10/8/7?
If you are having a similar problem with Office Word, Excel, PPT or other files on your PC and you cannot open Office to work, don't worry and you can just follow offered methods here below in this article to get the problem fixed on your own now.
Method 1. Fix Office 'Stopped Working' Error in Windows 10 with an Online Repair Tool
When Microsoft Office 365, 2016 or 2013 stops working or won't open on your PC, you can directly try an Office repair to get the problem fixed in Windows 10/8/7:
1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > Select "Programs" > "Programs and Features";
2. Right-click on Office 365, Office 2016 or Office 2013 > Select "Change";
3. Click "Online Repair" > click on "Repair" button.
Wait for the process to complete, restart Windows and see if Word, Excel or other Office application work correctly.
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files and Open Office in Repair Not Working Office
Bad sectors may cause corrupted system files in Windows system, leading Office cannot work properly or other problems.
When Microsoft Office fails to work or won't open with 'stopped working' error message, you may try to repair corrupted file systems and reboot PC into Safe Mode to get the problem fixed.
Part 1. Repair Corrupted System Files
Free download, install and launch EaseUS Partition Master on your PC.
EaseUS Partition Master Free will help you effectively repair corrupted system files with steps below.
Part 2. Start and Open Office in Safe Mode
1. Press Win + R to open Run dialog;
2. Type below command in the Run box.
- For Excel: Type excel /safe, and click OK.
- For Outlook: Type outlook /safe, and click OK.
- For Word: Type winword /safe, and click OK.
- For PowerPoint: Type powerpnt /safe, and click OK.
- For Publisher: Type mspub /safe, and click OK.
- For Visio: Type visio /safe, and click OK.
3. After this, you can start an Office application to see if the problem has been fixed or not.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes