This tutorial article provides you effective and detail guide for you to downgrade Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 6.0 Marshmallow without losing any data. If you are looking for an easy way to revert Nougat to Marshmallow, just follow and get wanted Android OS to install in your phone now.
Are you trying to downgrade your Android phone or tablets from Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Don't know how to revert Android 7.0 to 6.0 on your phone? Don't want to lose any data? Relax! Here in this article, we'll provide you effective methods and detail guide for you to effortlessly downgrade Android 7.0 to Android 60. Marshmallow without losing any data. Just follow next offered steps to start downgrade your Android phone and install wanted Android OS right now:
Step 1. Backup or extract all Android data into PC first
In order to avoid unexpected data loss problems while downgrading Android 7.0, it's highly recommended for you all Android users to backup important data in Android devices first.
If you have any backup software or Cloud account, you may choose to backup wanted data and files into Cloud or backup to PC. It's not recommended for you to backup data in your phone since you are going to downgrade Android system, which may cause serious data loss issue. Here we'd like to recommend you try an Android backup alternative software - EaseUS MobiSaver for Android which supports all users to backup and extract all Android data into PC securely in 3 simple steps.
You may now free download this software and activate it to follow below steps to backup and extract your Android phone data now:
1. Connect your Android phone to computer
Install and run EaseUS MobiSaver for Android and connect your Android phone to the computer with USB cable.
Then click "Start" button to let the software read and connect your device.
NOTE: As the software can only access the rooted Android device, you need to make sure that your phone has been rooted before recovery.
2. Scan Android phone to find the lost data
After connected your Android phone, the software will quickly scan the device to find all the existing and lost data including your lost data.
3. Preview and recover data from Android phone
Preview all the recoverable files one by one and then you can select out those you want to backup and extract quickly.
Finally, you can click "Recover" button to extract those selected data and files to a safe spot in your PC now.
Step 2. Downgrade Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Now you can follow the below detail guide lines to start downgrading Android 7.0 to 6.0 with ease now.
Note: Do remember to backup important data first for that Android OS downgrade may erase your fancy data in Android phone or tablets.
1. Download and install Android SDK tools;
- Download and install Android SDK Tools from Google's developer site;
- Install it to C:android-sdk > Launch the download from Start Menu once the Android SDK Tools are installed;
- SDK Manager will open, uncheck everything except Android SDK Platform-tools and Google USB driver;
- Click on Install 2 packages and check Accept license > Install.
2. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image
Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image can be directly downloaded now in Google's Android Developers site. Or you can directly click below link to get access to download wanted Android OS now:
3. Uncompress/Decompress or UnZip downloaded Marshmallow factory image
All downloaded factory image files are all compressed and you shall first unzip or uncompress it first.
Do remember to extract all content to the directory where you install SDK software, usually in C:program files (x86)androidandroid-sdkplatform-tools (if you installed the full SDK there).
4. Enable USB debugging and connect Android phone with PC
5. Flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image and uninstall Android 7.0 Nougat
- Open Command Prompt and type: cdandroid-sdkplatform-tools and hit Enter;
- Type: adb reboot bootloader and hit Enter;
- Type: fastboot oem unlock to unlock Android device; (This step will erase everything on your Android phone. Therefore, please do remember to backup or extract your Android data first.)
- Type: flash-all to install the bootloader, baseband firmware(s) and operating system - Marshmallow;
Wait patiently and this process will last several minutes and don't power off your device;
Once it's finished, your Android phone will reboot and you'll successfully downgrade Android 7.0 Nougat to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Note: If you happen to lose some data while downgrading Android 7.0 or uninstalling Android 7.0, don't worry. You can still try EaseUS MobiSaver for Android and it will get all your lost data back.
Was This Page Helpful?