Since I started, there has been a GPO in place, but I just learned that it is not performing its intended function. Since this platform might occasionally transmit sensitive information between agents and supervisors, it was determined that these logs should be frequently removed. How to delete a file/folder at logon?
Dany· Answered on Jan 19, 2023
We think the GPO logon/logoff script performs well for your situation. Let us check how to use your computer's logon and logoff script.
1. Start by launching the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. In the console tree, choose Scripts (Logon/Logoff). User ConfigurationWindows SettingsScripts (Logon/Logoff) is the route.
3. Double-click Logon/Logoff in the results box to begin.
4. Click "Add" in the Logon/Logoff Properties dialog box.
5. Type the script's path into the Script Name field or click "Browse" to look for the script file in the domain controller's Netlogon shared folder. Type whatever parameters you like in the Script Parameters box in the same manner as you would on the command line. For instance, type /logo /I if your script includes the parameters /logo (display banner) and /I (interactive mode).
6. The Logon/Logoff Properties dialog box provides a list of all the scripts that are presently assigned to the chosen GPO. When numerous scripts are assigned, they are executed in the sequence you choose. Click a script and then choose "Up" to move it up the list. Click a script in the list, then click "Down" to move it down.
After using the logon/logoff script, the files can be deleted normally. If you find some important sensitive files are deleted, you can download a third-party recovery tool to recover lost files. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help you do that. This data recovery software can help you recover files after reinstalling Windows, partition loss, virus attacks, etc.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
The File Replication Service May Delete Files, What Can I Do
The DFS file replication may delete files; thus, you can refer to this post to learn how to avoid the circumstance by correctly using the command lines and Windows PC server. And after unintentional deletion, you can recover them with the help of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Jan 12, 2023
Delete PDFs Older Than 90 Days with Log [PowerShell Commands]
It is possible to delete PDF files older than 90 days with Log using PowerShell command lines, and there are other ways you can use. Reading the following article may help you a lot.
Jan 17, 2023
How to Fix 'Can't Delete a File on Windows Server' Issue
It will sometimes happen that you cannot access or delete a specific file suddenly. We think the methods below will help you get out of this situation, and you can have a try.
Jan 11, 2023
Accidentally Deleted Large MKV File, How to Recover
MKV videos that have been lost or destroyed can be recovered using the third-party best video recovery software. We will introduce the best solution to assist you in recovering deleted MKV videos using powerful Video recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard in the following article.
Jan 13, 2023
How to Delete Hacker Files to Free Up Space on Windows
Virus attacks and malware may cause chaos on your computer, and you may not be able to delete some files. We will help you remove the files with CMD and show you how to format the hard drive.
Jan 18, 2023
How to Delete Files from Archive by Text File
Renaming a file within a zip bundle is similar. Even in these circumstances, you can extract everything before zipping it back into a new file or overwriting the old one. So, keep reading this post to acquire the 2023 guide.
Jan 05, 2023