Dany· Answered on Jan 11, 2023
If you cannot delete a file on Windows Server, you can try the following tips:
1. Try to use CMD to delete files. Wake up the Windows menu by pressing Windows + R keys, and run CMD as an administrator. You will need to use the del command and add the file's path, which you cannot delete after "del".
2. It is possible that some applications are using this file and causing the situation. Try to shut down every application and process with Task Manager and then delete the file.
3. Perform an antivirus scanning on your computer. It is possible that the virus or malware infection caused the problem. Harmful software can be present if the corrupted file cannot be removed. A crucial system file that cannot be deleted occasionally gets infected. You will need an expert to deal with the virus problem if you cannot solve it by yourself.
4. Try to move this file to Recycle Bin and then empty it. It is a simple method you can try.
5. Try some free tools to help delete the file, but remember that free software tools may expose you to security and privacy issues.
6. If the above methods cannot fix your problem, you have to reboot the server. When you need to update Windows, you will need to restart it anyway.
By the way, don't forget to download a data recovery tool to prevent data loss while fixing this problem. You may have deleted some precious files and want to get them back, and in that case, you should download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card Using Chrome OS
SD cards are widely used due to their high data transfer speed and hot-swappable features, although various data loss issues plague them. Don't panic if you accidentally delete files from your SD card; different recovery methods and SD recovery software can help you retrieve deleted files from your SD card.
Dec 29, 2022
How to Delete Files After X Days Using PS Script
Do you want to know how to delete a file with a PowerShell script? Stop worrying because this post will explain how to delete multiple files using the Remove-item cmdlet and how to delete files using the PowerShell script. Also, if you have mistakenly removed files, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can recover them.
Jan 06, 2023
Hard Drive Says It's Full but Can't Find Large Files
Some reasons may cause the hard drive suddenly be full. We will list some reasons and tell you how to fix this problem. If you deleted something important accidentally, you could recover them with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Dec 29, 2022
How to Fix It Takes a Long Time to Delete Files in Windows
Why does Windows take so long to delete files and clear the recycle bin? This problem will occur when I am trying to delete plenty of small files on Windows. How can I fix this Windows issue?
Dec 27, 2022
Quickly Delete Massive File Structure on Windows Server 2012
Normally, the deletion of large files takes a long time. Your computer needs to confirm and analyze the data, which will take time. The methods below may help you quickly delete massive files structure on Windows Server 2012.
Jan 10, 2023
How to Fix 'Roaming Profiles Don't Delete Files' Issue
It seems like a problem many users may encounter while using Windows Server, and we will help you fix this problem. You can try the method we mentioned in this passage.
Jan 05, 2023