One day I downloaded a file, unpacked it, and then tried to delete it after realizing it was for a Mac. The issue is that the extracted folder is still there on my desktop. There are several files there that I am unable to remove. How to fix this problem and delete these files?
Dany· Answered on Feb 22, 2023
It is super annoying that some files or folders are stuck on the desktop and refuse to be deleted. Many situations can cause this problem, and we will help you get rid of these files which have issues. Pick one of the following methods to delete the files you cannot delete:
1. Sometimes, your files or folders cannot be deleted because some applications and programs are using these files. Files cannot be removed while using, so you should shut down the programs and applications, then try again.
2. It's conceivable that Windows 10's File Explorer is what's preventing the file from being deleted. You can open the Task Manager to shut down Windows File Explorer by right-clicking the "End" button.
3. Maybe a reboot can help shut down the software that is using the files. Sometimes, restarting your computer can solve many problems.
4. If the file you're attempting to remove has been locked in any way, Safe Mode could unlock it. Click the link to learn how to boot into Safe Mode.
5. It is possible that the files you want to delete are damaged or corrupted somehow, and you can delete the corrupted files by using Command Prompt. You should use this command to force delete the files: Del /F /Q /A follows the file path.
6. If you still cannot delete the files that are stuck on your desktop, you can download a free program to help you delete the files.
If you lost important files while force deleting the troublesome files, you could use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to get them back.
Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost files easily and quickly.
Tutorials on how to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, or other storage media on Windows and Mac.
How to Delete Hacker Files to Free Up Space on Windows
Virus attacks and malware may cause chaos on your computer, and you may not be able to delete some files. We will help you remove the files with CMD and show you how to format the hard drive.
Feb 22, 2023
How to Recover Deleted AutoCAD Files
Recover deleted AutoCAD (.dwg) files if you have accidentally deleted or emptied them from the Recycle Bin. EaseUS data recovery software makes it easy to recover all files back for Windows users.
Mar 09, 2023
How to Delete Files on a Particular Date with Unix
If you have a list of files but only want to delete files older than a particular date with Unix. This post teaches you the specific command line to run a helpful script. You can also protect your data security with the help of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Feb 22, 2023
How to Recover Deleted Bitmap Image Files
Many things might cause BMP files to be lost, and when you suddenly realize you can't find vital BMP files, it can be daunting. Fortunately, these files can still be retrieved with the right tools. This article will walk you through every step to quickly recover deleted BMP files.
Mar 10, 2023
How to Delete Files Older Than X days Automatically
Are you tired of useless files on your computer yet eating up space? Then use this simple approach to delete files older than x days using File Explorer, CMD, and PowerShell. We can also assist you in recovering accidentally lost files on Windows 11/10.
Mar 10, 2023
How to Recover Bitdefender Deleted Files Without Asking
Bitdefender deleted files without asking? Want to restore files deleted by Bitdefender? Read this post to learn why this issue happens, how to use the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover deleted files, and how to stop important files from being deleted by Bitdefender.
Mar 10, 2023